• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Why is everybody adding the title to their posts today?

Good question. What is with that?

And while we are at it, can someone explain to what exactly is going on with Fryers. Is he a Liege player? A Liege player due to be loaned to us? A Liege player due to be sold to us at some unspecified date in the future? Sorry to be thick.

Means Kaka is coming...

The thing is... if I went out and told somebody that Kaka was coming and the Monkey told me I'd be locked up but, on the internet it's perfectly fine. (love the dress btw it really brings out the brown in your eyes)

arrgh! It's doing it to me now. :(

Last edited:

Transer window should run from 1 June to 31 July.

Yeah it should be transparent and open, and all the EPL clubs should use monster.com to post jobs for anyone to apply. get rid of the agents.

Out of interest, how are they able to implement a transfer window? i.e. How do they stop players moving/restraint of trade etc.

Out of interest, how are they able to implement a transfer window? i.e. How do they stop players moving/restraint of trade etc.

Set up boarding at the training ground, no access to the outside world except match days and the occasional interview.

'Andre, come on in. You're doing well, I hope?'

'My personal status is highly progressive, and..I am looking forward to the propositions that will emerge from this discussion project.'

'We call them meetings, Andre.'

'Meeting project. Very good name, looking forward.'

'Sigh. Well, we called you in here because we have some bad news for you; you can't sign Joao Moutinho.'

'But he is crucial to the success of the project...he facilitates good developments in the final third of the grass-covered performance zone!'

'Yes, we know, but...unfortunately, the fans don't agree. But don't worry they're debating as we speak and we hope to have a new man in by the week-end.'

'What is his nomenclature, and what position does he occupy on the tactical deployment area?'

'Erm...currently, their names are Lucas Biglia, Arda Turan, Thomas Muller, Leandro Damiao, Ganso, Willian, Yohan Cabaye, Gaston Ramirez, Nuri Sahin, Alvaro Negredo, Roberto Soldado, Marvin Martin, Xavi, Iniesta, Yann Kermogant, Andy King and Arcspace's best mate Stanley, judging by the last viewing we've had of the poll. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll decide before the week-end.'

:ross:=D>

You cannot register them as your player (their actual player's card - the one checked by the ref? before each game) with the FA - i.e. they won't accept his registration/application

You can buy a player and 'own' him/pay him but won't be able to play him legally or put him on your team-sheet - i.e. Modric was signed in April/May, iirc

Last edited:

Also, restraint over trade is about not being able to earn money. Assuming you're paying the player, they have a trade which makes the legal side more tricky.

The window is only about registration transfers. I think its only players under contract who can't move as you can sign someone out of contract at any time ... didn't we do that with Jimmy Walker a few years ago.

Back