• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Just read we’re after Chris smalling or Phil Jones. It’s a wind up but can you imagine the scenes.

Or why pay £68m for him when a far better player in Kovacic is potentially available for £53m? You've got to aim high first and then have fall backs

Okay so in Madrid's desperation to off load him they will lower the fee on deadline day - firstly I think it's questionable they will do that, why not just keep a world class player in the squad and sell for the fair price they want (£80m) in a future window. Unless his contract is up in 12 months?

We know Emirates Marketing Project want him so won't they just match our bid on deadline day?

Ndombele appears to be the one we could do and I think we will regret greatly not going for Jorginho. He looks an amazing player and was top of about 15 different stats in serie a the past two seasons. We were very lucky he was desperate to pacify his hot wife and join a London club (not due to working with sarri again, which could be understandably assumed) but we let chelsea have a free run at him. How sad. He's on 102k pw their.

Wanyama is finished just like what happened to Sandro. Hopefully we can get a dozen games out of him this season and flog him to someone like Everton at the end of the season. Dembele is gone in 12 months and can only really play once a week. Sissoko is an abomination. Skipp is 17.

If we don't buy in this position (which I really believe we will not) then I just hope Winks is over this injury. He's fantastic when fully fit and we are gona desperately need him to get in the top 4 next season.

We should have been purchasing this summer to allow us to compete for the league championship.

But we can forget about the title, not a chance.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be fussed about chelsea, they are a europa league team who wages wise don't pay a lot more than the world we have started to enter.

Hazard is on 200k pw and is there top earner, then comes fabregas on 157k pw. All pretty normal for top class players now and what we will have to pay if we expect the likes of Eriksen to renew.

It does look like we will not sign a central midfielder of note this summer, so really so much rests on Winks.

I do think he can be something special - remember that night in Madrid - didn't he have surgery around April time to correct the injury from years ago now away at Burnley?

Is he still in rehab? Any idea when he's back?

I wouldn't be fussed about chelsea, they are a europa league team who wages wise don't pay a lot more than the world we have started to enter.

Hazard is on 200k pw and is there top earner, then comes fabregas on 157k pw. All pretty normal for top class players now and what we will have to pay if we expect the likes of Eriksen to renew.

It does look like we will not sign a central midfielder of note this summer, so really so much rests on Winks.

I do think he can be something special - remember that night in Madrid - didn't he have surgery around April time to correct the injury from years ago now away at Burnley?

Is he still in rehab? Any idea when he's back?

apart from Harry who is on 200k a week i don see anyone else getting more than 150k a week. Eriksen still hasnt signed a new contract it seems, even with Poch visiting him in Denmark back in early late May/June.

i read Chelski are about to offer Kante 250k a week

Do they need him when they already have Jorginho?

My thinking too, Jorginho, Kante, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Drinkwater, Bakayoko...

Without looking at the like of Pedro or Sideshow Bob covering, or, heaven forbid, an academy prospect...

It's never stopped them stock piling players before

Thats before they have tighened the purse strings. IMHO they arent in a position to do that any more and are much more likely to be on a sell-to-buy kind of strategy

Brozovic latest to be linked now

Interesting. Didn't think he set the world alight in the World Cup, though they seemed to pick him ahead of Kovacic...but perhaps just to get a better balance in midfield. Assuming we did go for him, I assume Wanyama might be off given Brozovic is quite defensive

Back