• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

The Mirror

West Ham will make an approach for Jonny Evans when West Brom's relegation is confirmed.

The Baggies Defender, has an escape clause of just £3million if the they go down.

Crystal Palace, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leicester, Everton are also interested. Despite their improved form in their last two games under Darren Moore,

West Brom remain rock bottom of the Premier League, eight points adrift of safety.

The Irons have a long-standing interest in Evans who had been of interest from Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal. Both those clubs, however, are understood now to have other targets.

As revealed by Mirror Football, David Moyes is set to remain at the club beyond this season. West Ham want at least one new central defender in the summer having lost Jose Fonte to move to the Chinese Super League.

City opted for Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao instead of signing 30-year-old Evans in January.

Arsene Wenger refused to meet West Brom’s valuation of around £25million at the time.

THIS is about the level of Jonny bloody Evans, we shouldnt even be entertaining the idea.

I think that he just wants to keep the squad fresh, hungry and not let complacency creep in. Because of our financial position, selling players at (close to) peak value and reinvesting in the next batch makes sense and this is what I think is going to happen.
Rose and Dembele could be argued have become stale but Wanyama is a weird one for me. Always assumed was just an injury thing with him....

Rose and Dembele could be argued have become stale but Wanyama is a weird one for me. Always assumed was just an injury thing with him....

I didn't mean that individual players had become stale, more that any team risks becoming stale if it is not regularly refreshed. I think that we have a really interesting summer and next season ahead of us. Not many managers are successful at rebuilding a side that they have created. It is going to be interesting to see how Poch deals with the challenge.

I didn't mean that individual players had become stale, more that any team risks becoming stale if it is not regularly refreshed. I think that we have a really interesting summer and next season ahead of us. Not many managers are successful at rebuilding a side that they have created. It is going to be interesting to see how Poch deals with the challenge.
I know what you meant, just saying they are two players that are logically ones to get rid of due to period of time being here and potentially seeking a new challenge....

I know what you meant, just saying they are two players that are logically ones to get rid of due to period of time being here and potentially seeking a new challenge....

The names that I heard back in the winter were Alderweireld, Rose and Dembele. I was surprised about Dembele at the time.

Dembele is an odd one.

On form, undeniably one of our best and most vital players.

However...

His form is patchy at best. As is his fitness.

On those grounds, were we to see him as a weak link and somewhere to upgrade, I would certainly understand.

Who you get in to fill that role though? Wow, theres a question.

We'll be looking to sign players to go in front of those two id have thought

Winks has shown that he is good enough when he is fit but only for a relatively short period of time. Relying on him next season would be far too bigger risk.

I would be very surprised if Onomah is in our first team squad next season. I think that it is far more likely that he goes out on loan again or is sold this summer.

I think John McDermott might use his influence/relationship with Poch - he's apparently a huge advocate of Onomah's potential. At worst he could take Sissy's squad place.

Winks has shown that he is good enough when he is fit but only for a relatively short period of time. Relying on him next season would be far too bigger risk.

I'd probably agree. My preference would be to keep Dembele for another year and manage the transition to Winks and Onomah. But if we sell Dembele this summer, I'd replace him with Kovacic.

I think John McDermott might use his influence/relationship with Poch - he's apparently a huge advocate of Onomah's potential. At worst he could take Sissy's squad place.

It could happen but I would be surprised. I think that it is a bit specious to speculate on what McDermott may or may not think or what position he is in to influence Poch.

I do not think that Onomah would be an immediate upgrade on Sissoko, and I say that as someone who sees upgrading on Sissoko as one of this summer's priorities.

Will we try and replace his attributes of go for more of a playmaker?

Would go for the latter myself

CAN we replace his attributes? He is a one of a kind player, there is no obvious replacement IMO.

Im a great believer in roles and styles being completely different. Some run, some pass. Some fight, some position. The job of getting the ball forward can be done many ways.

So Ill go with the latter, and make a point of not holding that player against Demebele in a direct comparison, would be silly to do so IMO.

We were linked with Lamine at SCBC in January. I looked into him at the time, and can see why we might be interested - there is potential there to be a midfield beast.

I know he hasnt had a great year at SCBC, but wonder if its that settling in season, perhaps next year he will be the business having got up to speed with the league etc?

I suspect a move like that more than a "name" player, anyway.

Schalke have confirmed Arsenal target Max Meyer will leave this summer.

Meyer has refused to sign a new deal with the German club.

The Gunners face competition from PSG for the midfielder.

Meyer will definitely leave Schalke this summer. We’re dealing with the situation very professionally.
It’s all been very amicable.

One many have suggested here, I wonder what interest there really is?

Back