• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

This is our most important transfer window under Poch and I expect it to kick off relatively soon after the season closes. Get this one wrong and the recent progress is at significant risk of falling away.

Agree with most people in that we need experienced winners. I would love to bring Bale back as our marquee signing for the stadium. I'd been against it given his age and fitness levels, but I think it makes more and more sense given that those two factors probably make him the most realistic super star that we can bring (back) to the club. If we could supplement that with a good back up striker and Sessegnon we've done well.

Outs:
Toby :'(
Rose
Llorente

Ins:
Bale (will take a huge from him and us to make this happen)
Sessegnon
Shane Long/Charlie Austin?
CB cover (some kind of experience here)

Struggling for realistic options here..

Is it possible to become a professional footballer at the highest level without a winners mentality?
Its experience of how to win rather than wanting to win.

Don't want bale back.
Sell Sissoko, llorente, Jansen, Dembele and son. Give all their wages to Iniesta.

Sign zaha

Split 'war chest' into wages for Harry, Erikson, Toby and dier over the 3 seasons.

My preferences for the summer would be:

Out - Vorm, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Janssen, Llorente

In - Lopez, Sessegnon, Arp/Brereton

A few new faces (with Moura too) to freshen things up, but keeping the core and momentum together

My preferences for the summer would be:

Out - Vorm, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Janssen, Llorente

In - Lopez, Sessegnon, Arp/Brereton

A few new faces (with Moura too) to freshen things up, but keeping the core and momentum together

Plus,

If Alder goes replace him with Maguire

If Dembele goes replace him with Kovacic

This is an absolutely massive summer for us. As much as I'd love Alderweireld to stick around, it feels like he's on the way out. I think it's imperative that Levy backs Poch, making real good faith efforts to get the players who are at the top of his list. From widespread reports, it's hard not to think that those players aren't De Ligt from Ajax, Sessegnon, and Zaha.

Though I'm not personally sold on Zaha, I think it's just so important that we get Poch his A-list targets for next season. If Dembele goes, I think we'll need one big signing in midfield, whether that's Seri, Kovacic, or another. This isn't a year to be fudging around with the likes of Johnny Evans, Shane Long, or Jay Rodriguez if those aren't who Poch really wants.

He's done magic with the squad over the last few years. It's time Levy puts his hand in his pocket this summer by backing him in the transfer market and getting our key players tied down to better contracts.

I am really concerned that with the exception of Sanchez none of the players we bought over the past 12 months were deemed good enough by Poch to start that semi final. Methinks that says something about the calibre of our recent signings. We are simply not buying good enough players.

It is now time to increase the quality quotient to really threaten our perceived best starting 11 and seriously improve our squad

I am really concerned that with the exception of Sanchez none of the players we bought over the past 12 months were deemed good enough by Poch to start that semi final. Methinks that says something about the calibre of our recent signings. We are simply not buying good enough players.

It is now time to increase the quality quotient to really threaten our perceived best starting 11 and seriously improve our squad

And Llorente not even good enough to make the bench

This is an absolutely massive summer for us. As much as I'd love Alderweireld to stick around, it feels like he's on the way out. I think it's imperative that Levy backs Poch, making real good faith efforts to get the players who are at the top of his list. From widespread reports, it's hard not to think that those players aren't De Ligt from Ajax, Sessegnon, and Zaha.

Though I'm not personally sold on Zaha, I think it's just so important that we get Poch his A-list targets for next season. If Dembele goes, I think we'll need one big signing in midfield, whether that's Seri, Kovacic, or another. This isn't a year to be fudging around with the likes of Johnny Evans, Shane Long, or Jay Rodriguez if those aren't who Poch really wants.

He's done magic with the squad over the last few years. It's time Levy puts his hand in his pocket this summer by backing him in the transfer market and getting our key players tied down to better contracts.

If I could like this 10 times then I would.

Make that 24 months

Back