• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I think he turned us down once. @Bedfordspurs will confirm?
But he would be an excellent buy!

Tuned us down this summer and was quite open he didn’t want the competition

I will add e can play right sided too but has slotted in on the left at Leicester as they still play Morgan who plays right

He deffo played right at Hull and I think so at Sheffield (can’t remember)

He regularly makes runs down the middle and plays off the right side on corners (attacking)

He will partner Stones this summer I’m sure of it and that can only make him more valuable

I think they are.

I dont think Dawson is anything like as good as Alderweireld, but the long diagonal out the left was a regular feature of his game and he had a very good eye for it.
He was regularly pretty accurate with them. His problem was that when our opposition worked it out and marked us out of it, he didn't change it up and just kept making the same passes.

He was regularly pretty accurate with them. His problem was that when our opposition worked it out and marked us out of it, he didn't change it up and just kept making the same passes.

As I said, not anything like as good as Alderweireld!

On the deck he was weaker, always had an annoying habit of shirt pulling and could be pressured into mistakes - and as you say - wasnt smart enough to recognise when his signature more wasnt working.

I do love Daws, but he was always limited. Our current crop eclipse him quality wise.

I think we all would - but would the club?

I would even take a punt on stones IF the price was right -

All depends on what our plans are with Toby doesn’t it

We spent big on a relatively unproven Sanchez so INO no reason why we wouldnt here on a more known qty

As I said, not anything like as good as Alderweireld!

On the deck he was weaker, always had an annoying habit of shirt pulling and could be pressured into mistakes - and as you say - wasnt smart enough to recognise when his signature more wasnt working.

I do love Daws, but he was always limited. Our current crop eclipse him quality wise.
I think if you put Dawson into this Pochettino team that is much better organised in terms of its defensive shape then Dawson would look a better player.

I think if you put Dawson into this Pochettino team that is much better organised in terms of its defensive shape then Dawson would look a better player.

I dont know.

All our defenders are much better footballers than him, both technically and mentally.

I think he would be lost in this team. Though they would do a decent job of making him look good/less exposed.

I suppose if thats your point then fair enough, but I dont think he would fit and I dont think he would succeed...

• Dolberg hasn't been great this season - plus, he needs playing time, and he won't get that warming the bench for Kane.
  • Sessegnon is great, but he's a left-winger, not a left-back - something to bear in mind. It would even be a stretch to call him a possible LWB anymore, since he plays so far forward. More like Son than like Rose, basicaly.
  • De Vrij's good, but he's a right-footed center-back - we have four of those already in Sanchez, Dier, Toby and Foyth. If anything, what we need is a left-footed center-back to eventually replace Jan - Clement Lenglet at Sevilla, Alessio Romagnoli at Milan, and so on.
  • Rabiot won't leave PSG, they won't sell him and he wouldn't even consider us. So no point dreaming about impossibilities there.
As for the outgoings -

• Llorente's only been here a few months - too soon to let him go.
  • Foyth's looked good in his outings in the FA Cup - shaky, but great on the ball and confident enough to take ownership of it. I think he can make an impact next season.
  • CCV's already on loan right now. Not sure what another loan would do for him.

And I'll add two more to the outgoings this summer -

• Toby - we're losing him, if his sidelining by Poch is any indicator. The whole 'injury' thing resembles the 'fitness' thing Poch cited last season to keep Walker out of half the games in favor of Trippier, and this story looks like it will have the same ending - heartbreakingly so, but still.
  • Rose - see above.

Those two outgoings will have to be accounted for.

On the basis of losing Toby then De Vrij would be a good replacement no? That's the right footed CB sorted but id go for him even if we keep Toby, we need depth and quality.

Dolberg can play across the front though so it isn't just a case of being a benchwarmer for Kane although it is a conundrum and one we haven't solved for 3 years.

Don't be so sure on Rabiot, I can see them selling a few people in the summer and he isn't that good that he is unattainable to us.

Sessegnon definitely won't be a left back I agree and I wouldn't want him bought with a mind to replacing Rose, I think we need a separate LB for that.

I dont know.

All our defenders are much better footballers than him, both technically and mentally.

I think he would be lost in this team. Though they would do a decent job of making him look good/less exposed.

I suppose if thats your point then fair enough, but I dont think he would fit and I dont think he would succeed...
I dont think that Sanchez is yet any better than Daws was.

I think he is much better, and improving.

Daws was agricultural at best, heart of a lion and that but far fro refined.

Sanchez is playing well in a genuine footballing side, while also being as competitive as Daws ever was.

Sanchez is playing well in a genuine footballing side, while also being as competitive as Daws ever was.

Have to agree with this, Dawson would run through a brick wall for the cause but ( imo) he was a limited player ( who when up against a good forward usually ended up on his arse) and would not get near our team know.

Have to agree with this, Dawson would run through a brick wall for the cause but ( imo) he was a limited player ( who when up against a good forward usually ended up on his arse) and would not get near our team know.

I loved him. Committed, great pro, gave his all for the club. Brilliant servant to us. And a good defender, just limited. He never had the class to be any more than decent. Its sad but true. None the less Ill always be a fan of his.

I loved him. Committed, great pro, gave his all for the club. Brilliant servant to us. And a good defender, just limited. He never had the class to be any more than decent. Its sad but true. None the less Ill always be a fan of his.

That sums it up for me as well, great club man and captain but we have stepped up a gear since his days and he would struggle now.

I don’t think Sanchez is yet at the level of Dawson at his peak. Understandable given his age of course.

I don’t see Sanchez do anything on the ball that Dawson couldn’t either.

Where Sanchez has an advantage is with his pace. That pace allied to his strength are good building blocks, although I think he still has to learn how to use that strength sometimes and not solely rely on it.

In essence you are saying that 21 year old Sanchez is not the finished article, shock horror.

The critical issue here is that Sanchez obviously has a higher ceiling
Of course he isn’t. Hopefully he will continue to learn and progress. It is absolutely guaranteed however.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/03/3...n-agree-deal-real-madrid-out-favour-youngster

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly close to agreeing a deal for out-of-favor Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic, and a £37.7m move could well be on the cards for the Croatian international. The 23-year-old has received little game time this season from Zinedine Zidane and a departure may be his only option.

He arrived back in 2015, and has impressed a lot since his debut for the club - racking up 98 appearances in total as a good backup for Los Blancos. However, this season has seen Kovacic receive limited opportunities at the Bernabeu, and Tottenham have already been linked with the youngster.

And now, according to AS (via Sports Lens), they are now said to be in a position to agree a deal with the Bernabeu outfit, with the 23-year-old looking to move away from the club.

His arrival would add another powerful addition to an already strong midfield, and a deal worth around £37m could see him move to the Premier League giants.

The other teams in the report come as the likes of AS Roma as well as his former club Inter. Real do not want to let the midfielder leave the club, but may be forced into the sale should a strong offer come his way.

If interest in Kovacic is as hot as is reported, we could well see a three way tug of war break out over his future. It's uncertain whether the player himself fancies a return to Inter - or even a return to Italy for that matter, but only time will tell.

Back