• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

It's got to be Maguire if Alder goes

Maguire is left sided. He could well replace Verts if Verts doesn't extend his contract soon.

If we have scouts at Burnley I think it's Tarkowski we are watching, not Mee, as a potential Alder replacement.

Maguire is left sided. He could well replace Verts if Verts doesn't extend his contract soon.

If we have scouts at Burnley I think it's Tarkowski we are watching, not Mee, as a potential Alder replacement.

All 3 would be great signings IMO

All cultured players who would develop even further under Poch

Maguire I’ve liked for a couple of years and I think he is a great footballing centre back and played right side for Sheffield and Hull so is flexible

The Burnley boys have demonstrated they can excel as part of a well organised system so would suit us

I’m sure someone will throw up some names from overseas but for me their gambles no matter who they are...

I look at Rudiger and the hype he came with and he is no better than many we have in this league already whilst being solid and functional but did cost a packet

Not sure you mean that as a positive

Maguire can play though and is very comfortable on the ball whereas Dawson never struck me as being that kind of player. Where they are similar is their attitude to defend and put everything on the line
I thought Dawson was comfortable enough on the ball. He used to ping the same sort of long passes that Toby does....

You may both be right, I usually have a pretty decent memory, but I might be wrong on this, of course. I loved Daws, he played with heart, but wasn't the most technically gifted player, which is maybe why I have a bias towards him not making a lot of inch perfect long passes.

You may both be right, I usually have a pretty decent memory, but I might be wrong on this, of course. I loved Daws, he played with heart, but wasn't the most technically gifted player, which is maybe why I have a bias towards him not making a lot of inch perfect long passes.

He is a spurs man through and through
Not glamourourous just functional but hard working
Loves the club too

I think they are.

I dont think Dawson is anything like as good as Alderweireld, but the long diagonal out the left was a regular feature of his game and he had a very good eye for it.

Maguire is left sided sadly

It doesn't make that much difference to most CBs (speaking as a CB who doesn't have a preference).

As mentioned above, Maguire played right sided for both Sheff U and Hull, so is also likely one who doesn't really have a preference

Similarly, Gomez has played different sides of the back 3 for England in his last two appearances

It doesn't make that much difference to most CBs (speaking as a CB who doesn't have a preference).

As mentioned above, Maguire played right sided for both Sheff U and Hull, so is also likely one who doesn't really have a preference

Similarly, Gomez has played different sides of the back 3 for England in his last two appearances

I think he turned us down once. @Bedfordspurs will confirm?
But he would be an excellent buy!

Back