• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Chalobah is 23 / RLC is now 22 they need to be at a club for their development - maybe see a few more Solanke type moves running down their contracts.

Money talks!

It often does :(

Its amazing how £20,000 a week and a new house for your parents persuades the 15 year old mind.

When you put it like that, its easy to see why - but I still think its a decision that lacks all perspective.

These days, ANY of these players that just makes it to a jobbing Championship level will retire a wealthy man.

The money is virtually guaranteed, so you would think they would look more are the chances of success/development before that.

Its not as if other clubs arent offering lucrative deals, even if not as lucrative.

I would choose a club where Ill get chances but £10k less over Chelsea because long term that makes better sense.

An interesting buy imo is Leicester signing Rachid Ghezzal. An Algerian teammate of Mahrez, Ghezzal is of similar build, left footed right sided attacker who looks to float inside. Goals, assists, languid style it's uncanny how similar he us to Mahrez

To sell Mahrez for 60 mill and get an almost identical replacement for 11 mill looks like good business. Test is now to see if he can produce in the PL.

An interesting buy imo is Leicester signing Rachid Ghezzal. An Algerian teammate of Mahrez, Ghezzal is of similar build, left footed right sided attacker who looks to float inside. Goals, assists, languid style it's uncanny how similar he us to Mahrez

To sell Mahrez for 60 mill and get an almost identical replacement for 11 mill looks like good business. Test is now to see if he can produce in the PL.

Hardly an identical replacement, Mahrez was player of the year. Ghezzal has a long way to go to even show he can reach those levels in a one off game let alone throughout a season.

Its amazing how £20,000 a week and a new house for your parents persuades the 15 year old mind.
Cause and effect aside they also have one of the best Academes in the country (for winning things) but if you have a contract past 20 y/o you get what you deserve really.

They have no path to first team football.

Hardly an identical replacement, Mahrez was player of the year. Ghezzal has a long way to go to even show he can reach those levels in a one off game let alone throughout a season.

True! but who had heard of Mahrez before they signed him. Not many that is for sure. They seem to do good business at Leicester of getting players in for a decent price with potential.

True! but who had heard of Mahrez before they signed him. Not many that is for sure. They seem to do good business at Leicester of getting players in for a decent price with potential.

You probably need to look at players that have failed their too like Musa

We'd have signed a player, which seems to be the most important thing for a lot of people. Doesn't matter who, just anyone. Apparently it's a lot better to just sign anyone, no matter how poor they are, than not signing any new players.

i agree with that, but as well if its not the players the individual wants its still a bad move/window.

It often does :(

When you put it like that, its easy to see why - but I still think its a decision that lacks all perspective.

These days, ANY of these players that just makes it to a jobbing Championship level will retire a wealthy man.

The money is virtually guaranteed, so you would think they would look more are the chances of success/development before that.

Its not as if other clubs arent offering lucrative deals, even if not as lucrative.

I would choose a club where Ill get chances but £10k less over Chelsea because long term that makes better sense.
I'd be very happy cashing in 20k a week, without ever kicking a ball in competitive football!!

I like DL as well. He has done wonders for our club and fans need a dose of reality to understand that.
Also no one seems to factor the players and agents into this downward spiral of negativity we call a transfer window.

What if the targeted players and their money grabbing agents are the ones that are causing the delays by waiting to see if a club is going to come along and offer higher wages, a bigger sign on fee, a bigger agent bung, or is a bigger club (3 of the above are why Lollerpool can do their business early.

If I was a players agent I know I would be advising my client not to make a decision until he had exhausted all of the available offer/options looking for the best package and only then would I advise my client to sign.

Unfortunately this year that decision deadline is even nearer the end of the EPL window than normal.

Mahrez had one outstanding season, like the rest of his Leicester teammates

i did say their playing styles and physical build are very similar. Of course Ghezzal has it all to prove in the PL, thats why he cost 11 mill.

Back