• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I see no need to loan out Skipp. I would keep him and integrate him the way Liverpool did with Gerrard from a young age. The boy is going to be a star. Future Skipper of HMS Hotspur
I don’t think he needs a loan.... yet. I think next season playing League Cup games and under 23 games will still develop him. The season after is the one where we would have to make a decision I think.

Bring back Lovejoy I say

His a man u fan and does movies now. Was watching a movie with my son the other day and him and Ray winstone were midgets sitting talking round a vamp fire with snow white. Asked my wife if she had set put the right amount of pills for my medication haha really thought I was tripping.

I think it could’ve done Chelsea a lot of good, the problem has just been that they have had a succession of short-term managers. Imagine that sort of system in place with a long term, project manager such as Pochettino.

I still dont think its entirely viable.

Think about it, you partner up with a Belgium club (say) and what do you get?

Big boys football for your players, but at a sub standard. And the failings of a club, IE changes in management etc.

Im not sure that would be preferable to me than, for example, using Howe/Biesla/etc as people to entrust with our players.

The advantage being we can choose an appropriate level club for the player, and we know the manager is of the right type to work with the player in a way we prefer. And, after all that, they go into a more established set up - not a glorified youth team.

I was talking about his performance on the field.

Factor in he is a bad egg - who notorious clams dont even like - and its a different conversation altogether.

You dont just forget what a team mate says about another, in public, when its that harsh. Its for a reason.

I pay little heed to whatever Chalie Adams says. The spiteful little tosser.
I think it suits some of the Spurs tinted spectacle wearers amongst us to take this attitude with Shaqiri especially now he's with Liverpool and then uses CA's (of all people) words to underpin this. I though remain 50/50 and I think he could have done a job for us at the price and also taking into considering we are not fighting off the new player who wants to join us with a stick ATM.

I pay little heed to whatever Chalie Adams says. The spiteful little tosser.
I think it suits some of the Spurs tinted spectacle wearers amongst us to take this attitude with Shaqiri and then use CA's (of all people) words to underpin this. I though remain 50/50 and I think he could have done a job for us at the price and also taking into considering we are not fighting off the new player who wants to join us with a stick ATM.

CA hasnt, to my knowledge, made a point of picking out players before. It says a lot that he has here, regardless of what you think of him.

And you neglect to acknowledge this is but the last in a long line of worrying signs with regards to Shakiris attitude. As previously stated - how do you suppose he ended up at Stoke (and not better) in the first place.

Yes, technically, explicitly as a footballer only, he might have "done a job" for us. Whatever that means, I assume to be something from the bench.

I dont ever see him as a player with the desire to work hard like ours do, so thats about the best he would offer.

However, he would also have to integrate with the club, the players, the ethos we hold - and thats where the trouble really begins.

CA hasnt, to my knowledge, made a point of picking out players before. It says a lot that he has here, regardless of what you think of him.

And you neglect to acknowledge this is but the last in a long line of worrying signs with regards to Shakiris attitude. As previously stated - how do you suppose he ended up at Stoke (and not better) in the first place.

Yes, technically, explicitly as a footballer only, he might have "done a job" for us. Whatever that means, I assume to be something from the bench.

I dont ever see him as a player with the desire to work hard like ours do, so thats about the best he would offer.

However, he would also have to integrate with the club, the players, the ethos we hold - and thats where the trouble really begins.

What ethos do we have, I doubt we would have turned away jack the ripper as long as he put the ball in the back of the net.
We can be a bit holier than thou at times we must be a little careful or may start turning into the Liverpool of London;)

What ethos do we have, I doubt we would have turned away jack the ripper as long as he put the ball in the back of the net.
We can be a bit holier than thou at times we must be a little careful or may start turning into the Liverpool of London;)

I know you are smart enough to be more than aware of the mentality under which this team operates, so can only assume you are now on a wind up.

Happy fishing ;)

Partially correct :)
I hate pretentiousness in all its guises. So with this in mind, would you have been upset if Louse Suarez had signed for us back in the day?

Not wanting a player because he wouldnt represent the club well is not pretentious, at all.

Suarez from Ajax? Absolutely delighted to sign at the time, had no idea he was such a clam.
Suarez from Liverpool? No thanks.

Not wanting a player because he wouldnt represent the club well is not pretentious, at all.

Suarez from Ajax? Absolutely delighted to sign at the time, had no idea he was such a clam.
Suarez from Liverpool? No thanks.

I would have signed Suarez the runt from Liverpool......

Talented runts I can accept. The untalented ones can stay away

Grealish is fine with me!
But he has a far more checkered past/history than Shaqiri?

He got drunk and stupid as an 18 year old. He has since (apparently) grown up and knuckled down. Not sure where you are seeing a comparison to be honest.

What has Shaquri done in the past that is so bad

Just generally been a bellend, egotist and bad egg. Billy big gonad*s type who thinks he deserves to be playing above better players who work harder.

Not really a Poch player at all, I would say.

Back