• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Considering we are now playing in the big boys league but without the big boy finances to support that, I wonder whether we should take a look at the Chelsea model of partnering a small club in Belgium or Holland, signing lots of talented youngsters and loanin them out to the partner club. Might be better value there when compared to paying £30 million for a player like Jack Grealish?

I think it speaks volumes when someone so despicable doesnt rate his attitude either! And I cant stand Adam.

And, to a degree, it does back up those saying his attitude isnt right. When team mates publicly say brick about someone, thats a pretty big deal. Most dont say anything.

This season Shakiri will, absolutely, score a few screamers. And, on a couple of occasions, look the real deal. Other than that he will be a passenger and end up as super-sub, IMO.

I genuinely do not feel we have missed out in the slightest.

As I've said before forget the what CA says. We all thought it anyway, Charlie has never forgiven him for nicking the last chocolate digestive in the canteen or something along those lines.

This > "This season (a random signing) will, absolutely, score a few screamers. And, on a couple of occasions, look the real deal. Other than that he will be a passenger and end up as super-sub, IMO".

I would take this guy/super sub as an attacking 'experienced' squad filler for £14m. We have enough games coming up and Sons off for a month or so ALSO Harry is in need of as much rest as possible?

Considering we are now playing in the big boys league but without the big boy finances to support that, I wonder whether we should take a look at the Chelsea model of partnering a small club in Belgium or Holland, signing lots of talented youngsters and loanin them out to the partner club. Might be better value there when compared to paying £30 million for a player like Jack Grealish?

I think this will happen sooner than later.
Grealish IMHO is worth a punt.

As I've said before forget the what CA says. We all thought it anyway, Charlie has never forgiven him for nicking the last chocolate digestive in the canteen or something along those lines.

This > "This season (a random signing) will, absolutely, score a few screamers. And, on a couple of occasions, look the real deal. Other than that he will be a passenger and end up as super-sub, IMO".

I would take this guy/super sub as an attacking 'experienced' squad filler for £14m. We have enough games coming up and Sons off for a month or so ALSO Harry is in need of as much rest as possible?
I think a player’s attitude is very important and I wouldn’t want a player as lazy as Shaquiri anywhere near our first team

Thought similar myself - difference being they seldom use the players they farm out whereas we would presumably be much more open to bringing them back and using them in the first team

Cough... Ajax

I was talking about his performance on the field.

Factor in he is a bad egg - who notorious clams dont even like - and its a different conversation altogether.

You dont just forget what a team mate says about another, in public, when its that harsh. Its for a reason.

Its one of those, good in theory kind of things, isnt it?

I dont know if it really works. Doesnt seem to have done Chelsea much good.

Though Im all up for having a network of managers we know work on similar grounds to Poch and using them.

Saw people say immediately about Leeds when Biesla went in there. Perhaps a good place to send a couple of players this season?

Possibly, dont know enough of either to really judge.

However, assume he is - what would do Skipp more good? A few appearances this season with us, or a full season in Lyons midfield?

Don't replace Dembele, and let Skipp fight it out with Winks and Onomah would be the way to do it.

The whole loan system is completely corrupt. No one should be able to loan out players over 21 YO. If they don't make your 25, sell them.

Don't replace Dembele, and let Skipp fight it out with Winks and Onomah would be the way to do it.

The whole loan system is completely corrupt. No one should be able to loan out players over 21 YO. If they don't make your 25, sell them.

In doing so, none actually get regular games to develop. Meaning should any develop significantly (unlikely) they will be an absolute freak of nature.

And this is the point. Youve seen the squad the last few years, "let Skipp fight it out with Winks and Onomah" simply doesnt happen.

I see no need to loan out Skipp. I would keep him and integrate him the way Liverpool did with Gerrard from a young age. The boy is going to be a star. Future Skipper of HMS Hotspur

Its one of those, good in theory kind of things, isnt it?

I dont know if it really works. Doesnt seem to have done Chelsea much good.

Though Im all up for having a network of managers we know work on similar grounds to Poch and using them.

Saw people say immediately about Leeds when Biesla went in there. Perhaps a good place to send a couple of players this season?
I think it could’ve done Chelsea a lot of good, the problem has just been that they have had a succession of short-term managers. Imagine that sort of system in place with a long term, project manager such as Pochettino.

If we did this then I think we would finish 6th at best. Dembele is still vastly superior to those 3 players.

Back