• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

De Ligt and Martial have always seem likely and would feel quite Spurs-like and represent good signings.

The biggest concern I have is over the quality of a Dembele replacement given its such a key position for us and we don't have massive depth there, particularly with Winks seemingly not fit yet

yeah the Alderwiereld/Martial/Deligt roundabout seems to make sense but it really does seem quite likely Zaha will join, or at least we are in for him, surely Martial is off in that case?

yeah the Alderwiereld/Martial/Deligt roundabout seems to make sense but it really does seem quite likely Zaha will join, or at least we are in for him, surely Martial is off in that case?

Yep - could just be that we realise both the Martial and Zaha transfers would have their own challenges and could easily fall over, and therefore we're hedging our position by being in for both of them, but would only sign one. I find it hard to see that we'd sign both given we have Dele, Eriksen, Son, Moura and Lamela. Hopefully we'll get Martial

Would be interesting to see whether we ever went 4-3-3 if we got Martial: Son, Kane and Martial up top and some combination of Dier, Eriksen, Dele and Dembele's replacement in midfield

Yep - could just be that we realise both the Martial and Zaha transfers would have their own challenges and could easily fall over, and therefore we're hedging our position by being in for both of them, but would only sign one. I find it hard to see that we'd sign both given we have Dele, Eriksen, Son, Moura and Lamela. Hopefully we'll get Martial

Would be interesting to see whether we ever went 4-3-3 if we got Martial: Son, Kane and Martial up top and some combination of Dier, Eriksen, Dele and Dembele's replacement in midfield

i have wondered for some time whether a switch to 433 or some variation of it might suit us, our links to WFs would strengthen that - Lamela and Moura for the right hand side with Son and Martial/Zaha for the left

Crystal Palace will only accept £70m for zaha, therefore he is not joining.

Seeing a lot of people in different threads clinging to hope that other clubs are only pretending with regards their stance on players.

Let's be clear on this; they are not pretending, the market has gone crazy and we will not be paying crazy money.

That will not change because someone does an instagram post or it makes sense because player x is American and we've got the NFL deal.

Don't mean to be a killjoy but can you all join the real world please.

We are likely going to sign no one who will seriously improve us.

Crystal Palace will only accept £70m for zaha, therefore he is not joining.

Seeing a lot of people in different threads clinging to hope that other clubs are only pretending with regards their stance on players.

Let's be clear on this; they are not pretending, the market has gone crazy and we will not be paying crazy money.

That will not change because someone does an instagram post or it makes sense because player x is American and we've got the NFL deal.

Don't mean to be a killjoy but can you all join the real world please.

We are likely going to sign no one who will seriously improve us.
Cheers for the update Levy

I think there's always been a danger Chelsea would do a Martial-Willian swap, which would trump our Martial-Alder one.

Zaha just feels like the back-up plan. Although it's not a great one as our bigger need is to have a CF/WF (like Martial) to cover Kane, rather than a pure WF (like Zaha) which we already have lots of better ones of

Yerry Mina is a player I think would be an excellent replacement for Toby. Fast on the ground and dominant in the air, in both boxes and already has an established partnership with Sanchez

Yerry Mina is a player I think would be an excellent replacement for Toby. Fast on the ground and dominant in the air, in both boxes and already has an established partnership with Sanchez

Is he definitely available? I’ve read similarly but Barca have Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti who are presumably ahead of him in the pecking order then it’s Mina or Vermaelen. It doesn’t feel obvious to me that Mina would be leaving

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is he definitely available? I’ve read similarly but Barca have Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti who are presumably ahead of him in the pecking order then it’s Mina or Vermaelen. It doesn’t feel obvious to me that Mina would be leaving

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

They are happy to let him go as you can only have 3 non European players in Spain and they have just signed Malcom

Ha, we wish.
Would be great.
They can have Featherweight Foyth as a swap.

NB1. Mina scores in every match, due to THE LOVE TRAIN. I was very disappointed Pockytockytino didn't employ THE LOVE TRAIN against Roma.

NB2. He got 5 in 34, better than Zaha and Martial put together.

NB3. In Spanish the Y is a J so they think he is called Jerry, but you and I both know it is Yerry. My Spanish colleague eats Jogurt and trains in Yudo.

Dembele Out > Ndombele In?

Looks as near as like for like as we could possibly get. Clearly very raw, but an exciting prospect from the little Ive seen.

De Ligt and Martial have always seem likely and would feel quite Spurs-like and represent good signings.

The biggest concern I have is over the quality of a Dembele replacement given its such a key position for us and we don't have massive depth there, particularly with Winks seemingly not fit yet

O, not that worried, look how well we did last year with bloody Sissoko getting 40+ games because Dembele took half the season off (and Winks, and Wanyama...).

While I would much rather not be weakened, I think we have proven we are well able to cope.

I see Martial/Zaha as either/or. Dont imagine we actually want both.

Not read any of this section of the forum. One comment. Our name doesn't appear at all on the BBC Gossip Column. I'm glad (and quite proud actually - it's how we do business)

I think we will bring in two or three players, but I'm guessing none of them or maximum one of them are players we have been "linked" with. They'll probably be players we've never been linked with. That's my guess

I think we will bring in two or three players, but I'm guessing none of them or maximum one of them are players we have been "linked" with. They'll probably be players we've never been linked with. That's my guess
Is that your kid in your avatar? Cute.
(I hope it is yours ;))

Well, on my screen I still have a Russian girl.(as an avatar. Better be specific on this forum) Tried to change it, and that would be my kid in a Spurs shirt.
When I changed my avatar for the world cup it didn't work on all devices at first, but eventually it changed everywhere.

Congrats by the way.

Back