• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Ramos is undroppable. In a competition between Toby and Varane I'm not sure who would win out...

Not sure Real will spend big money (or Bale) on Alderweireld considering their options for that position already. Might look for a younger player that could replace Ramos in time. Alderweireld doesn't seem like an obvious fit. Will have to replace Bale and Ronaldo in the next couple of seasons as well as Modric, that will be the priority and most likely ridiculously expensive.
Agree, and thats my point. If Real do want Toby it would be as a first team player not as some back up.....

So? Plenty of players just dont do it at one club for various reasons. He is one of the best CBs in Europe, hence why a lot of Europes' top clubs will be in for him if available. If Real Madrid want him, its not unforseeable he'd be viewed as a first team player. I dont see as Varane as being a better player than him,just younger....

Or in certain leagues. Maybe he's just a northern European defender not suited to the slower pace/deeper lines/less contact/more black arts of southern European football?

Why?
He is a number 10 and a creator??
He is very much in the Eriksen-sen-sen mould
You ever seen him play?
It's obvious why he's a Dele replacement. We bottled it against Juve in the CL, we bottled it against Wet Spam in the Carababababao Cup, we bottled the league he last two years and Poch hasn't won a trophy. Ergo, Dele, and all our best players, are leaving. Maddison is being bought for the manager who will replace Poch when he goes to Madrid because Madrid will obviously want to hire a manager who has coached teams that bottle it and can't win a trophy.

It's obvious why he's a Dele replacement. We bottled it against Juve in the CL, we bottled it against Wet Spam in the Carababababao Cup, we bottled the league he last two years and Poch hasn't won a trophy. Ergo, Dele, and all our best players, are leaving. Maddison is being bought for the manager who will replace Poch when he goes to Madrid because Madrid will obviously want to hire a manager who has coached teams that bottle it and can't win a trophy.

Egg Sack Lee as the chinaman said

It feels to me like we’re progression planning if we buy a player like him and that’s brilliant IMO

Why?
He is a number 10 and a creator??
He is very much in the Eriksen-sen-sen mould
You ever seen him play?

We're already overloaded with AMs, the numbers don't work unless we're going to lose about 3. Maddison is too established now to come in as a 6th choice. Alli also plays in the #10 position, even though he's not a #10 in style.

We're already overloaded with AMs, the numbers don't work unless we're going to lose about 3. Maddison is too established now to come in as a 6th choice. Alli also plays in the #10 position, even though he's not a #10 in style.

We are doing an Arsenal, get stadium, charge prices above the rate, buy more AMs

He is 100% a number 10
He plays just like eriksen
And I think we will let Sissoko go and possibly lamella too this summer although I doubt that
Edwards doesn’t look like he is progressing and the area of weakest cover is eriksen

We would then have eriksen, Ali, son, moura, lamela and Maddison
That’s a decent combination

Ideally bring in Sessegnon as a flying wing back who an also play there and we have some real variety

Ramos is undroppable. In a competition between Toby and Varane I'm not sure who would win out...

Not sure Real will spend big money (or Bale) on Alderweireld considering their options for that position already. Might look for a younger player that could replace Ramos in time. Alderweireld doesn't seem like an obvious fit. Will have to replace Bale and Ronaldo in the next couple of seasons as well as Modric, that will be the priority and most likely ridiculously expensive.

If he isn't among Mourinho's top targets I'll be extremely surprised. I could see Real low-balling us, knowing we won't want to sell domestically. We could end up over a barrel there, with the only route to the sort of money Levy wants for him being up the M6.

Aaaaabsolutely love James Maddison, and he would be perfect to have with us to learn from Eriksen. Not sure when he gets into the team though, it needs Son, Eriksen, Dele, Lamela and Moura all to not be fit and firing. I think JM is good enough that he should be playing fairly regularly in the Prem. A move to an Everton not managed by Allardyce or Leceister might be best for him as good progression.

I also get the sense Chelsea could be a good move for him. Pedro’s getting older, doubts about Hazard sticking around, Chelsea moving towards a model of signing players with resale value. I’m not saying JM is as good as Hazard etc but that’s a move that wouldn’t entirely surprise me.

Norwich is my local team though. Above all I’d quite like it if they got back up!

Aaaaabsolutely love James Maddison, and he would be perfect to have with us to learn from Eriksen. Not sure when he gets into the team though, it needs Son, Eriksen, Dele, Lamela and Moura all to not be fit and firing. I think JM is good enough that he should be playing fairly regularly in the Prem. A move to an Everton not managed by Allardyce or Leceister might be best for him as good progression.

I also get the sense Chelsea could be a good move for him. Pedro’s getting older, doubts about Hazard sticking around, Chelsea moving towards a model of signing players with resale value. I’m not saying JM is as good as Hazard etc but that’s a move that wouldn’t entirely surprise me.

Norwich is my local team though. Above all I’d quite like it if they got back up!
I think Maddison plays a different position to Hazard and Pedro. I see both of those players as ones who cut in from a side position. Maddison is a player who I see as somebody who will play through the centre. I don't see him as a player who plays quite as high up the pitch as Alli, I see him as a play-maker in the Eriksen mould.

Back