• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Successful campaign

Its not all doom and gloom but we've just been pipped at the winning post yet again. With the right signings we really could challenge for the title next season, provided bale stays. N

Yes it was a succesfgyl campaign. 2 defeats since early December is aweson and also reversing our trend for coneding late gials and instead scoring lots more late gaols says al lot about AVB giving us that never-say-die attitude.

I do worry that the missed CL opportunity again might make acheiving this points tally again almost possible though, sadly.

72 points is 72 points.

If we'd have lost today, we'd probably be saying that Marriner is a bell-end that cost us a CL spot where as actually we're just saying Marriner is a bell-end. Truth is, we didn't get 72 points just because of the win today, it was the win at Old Trafford, the draw at Chelsea, the point at home to Norwich. I don't really think you can play the if-we-had-done-this-we-would-have-done-that game because there are too many variables. Example - if Bale's free kick was either side of Cech we would have won at Chelsea... but then it doesn't follow we would have still won at Stoke as our mindset would have been difference.

Yes, if we hadn't got tonked 5-2 at Arsenal we'd have more points and they would have less, but any points would have made a difference. They are all valuable and would have given us a swing. I'd say there were home points that should not have been dropped but every team has shockers each season, and I would also say we scrambled a few points back that we didn't "deserve". But that's that, you take the whole lot together.

I feel much, much more chilled about it this year; in fact, I'm partly relieved this is all over and there's no heartache like 2006 or last year. Yeah, last year was just a sickener, THAT was unjust.... too many decisions against us, too many things that are just down to the randomness or luck of the game that didn't fall in our favour. But this year I can accept we got pipped to 4th by a team that got really well organised by their manager and went on an unbelievable run of form.

So many positives from this season. My personal favourite was the North London derby at WHL, which I've gone into detail elsewhere but moving forward I guess the big plusses are:

* Superb young manager, who is getting better and better with us
* Wins against City, United and Arsenal in a huge 72-point
* Excellent foundations of a young squad
* Best chairman in the league by a mile
* Bale's going nowhere. But if he did, we've lost Carrick, then Berbatov, then Modric. And yet here we are, again, right up there as one of the top sides in the country.

If you've been a Spurs fan for more than five years, you will know that this is one of our better "transitional seasons"...
The future is bright indeed, enjoy the summer guys and look forward to next season :)

COYS

72 points is 72 points.

If we'd have lost today, we'd probably be saying that Marriner is a bell-end that cost us a CL spot where as actually we're just saying Marriner is a bell-end. Truth is, we didn't get 72 points just because of the win today, it was the win at Old Trafford, the draw at Chelsea, the point at home to Norwich. I don't really think you can play the if-we-had-done-this-we-would-have-done-that game because there are too many variables. Example - if Bale's free kick was either side of Cech we would have won at Chelsea... but then it doesn't follow we would have still won at Stoke as our mindset would have been difference.

Yes, if we hadn't got tonked 5-2 at Arsenal we'd have more points and they would have less, but any points would have made a difference. They are all valuable and would have given us a swing. I'd say there were home points that should not have been dropped but every team has shockers each season, and I would also say we scrambled a few points back that we didn't "deserve". But that's that, you take the whole lot together.

I feel much, much more chilled about it this year; in fact, I'm partly relieved this is all over and there's no heartache like 2006 or last year. Yeah, last year was just a sickener, THAT was unjust.... too many decisions against us, too many things that are just down to the randomness or luck of the game that didn't fall in our favour. But this year I can accept we got pipped to 4th by a team that got really well organised by their manager and went on an unbelievable run of form.

So many positives from this season. My personal favourite was the North London derby at WHL, which I've gone into detail elsewhere but moving forward I guess the big plusses are:

* Bale's going nowhere. But if he did, we've lost Carrick, then Berbatov, then Modric. And yet here we are, again, right up there as one of the top sides in the country.

If you've been a Spurs fan for more than five years, you will know that this is one of our better "transitional seasons"...
The future is bright indeed, enjoy the summer guys and look forward to next season :)

COYS

=D>

Absolutely spot on. When I read that, I'm thinking, yes, you're right - keep Bale and get the right people in, and we'll be battling for the Premier League trophy soon enough, surely. That's the first time I've said that.

72 points is 72 points.

COYS

Top post...

So, I went to my barber's on Thursday. First time since the end of the season. He's a good bloke, 50s though I've only known him for about the last ten years. I get great banter with him when I see him. He's a Pompey fan but, despite their own dire predicament he always manages to draw a line writing them off and goad me on all things Spurs. He's very sneaky about this, I've sussed him out, but it took me a while. Basically, he'll say "so where do you think you'll finish this season?", then when I've replied he'll basically say "nah, I reckon you will struggle to finish [insert two levels below my answer]". Most of last year I was saying fifth ["nah, Everton are strong this season, you don't have their desire"] or for the latter part, fourth ["nah, you always bottle it, Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal"]. In fact, one year when we were in sixth and climbing I just said "I think we are going to struggle to stay up". He didn't know what to do with that one.

Anyway, on the way there I started to think of how I could deflect the focus from the promise of my previous visit ["we're going to win at Stamford Bridge for the first time in decades, and Arsenal won't get more than a point at Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyway"]. I'd even thought about cutting my losses and pretending I was worried we would collapse without Bale and let him go on about how Real Madrid are such a big club Spurs couldn't compete yadda yadda. I thought of an analogy which maybe could allow me to have a bit of a dig at him at the same time. As I walked in, he was his regular chipper self. I sat in the chair, he put the cloak on me, "usual mate?", and then.... he stops.... looks at me in the mirror and goes "I've been looking forward to this!".

I try to get in there early but he's not letting me.
"Where did you say you were going to finish?"
"Well, we finished fifth but...."
"No no no, where did you SAY you were going to finish?"
"Fourth but...."
"No no no, and where did you finish?"
"Fifth but..."
"Hold on hold on, who finished above you?"
"Well, that would mean four other teams, but..."
"Hold on: Who was directly above you?"
"Arsenal."
"Thank you."

That grin. Even in a mirror, I got the full, smug force of it. So, with a bleat, I begun to my response. I wanted to put it in perspective a bit for him. I wanted him to understand while I was crushed about finishing outside the top 4, behind those goons AGAIN, by a whisker and on the last moment of the season.... I was also genuinely pleased with the massive points haul - which would have been enough to see us pushing for second in years gone by - and the superb transitional season it has been overall. Yes, I was severely disappointed, but I really was pleased we had just been up there.

"Damien: you ever remember a time when you were going out with a really gorgeous girl? Like, so good looking you think that she is out of your league. And then she dumps you. I mean, at the time you are devastated, really like gutted, but then you look back and also think that you were just happy to have had the opportunity and to get to the stage that you did. I mean, you know and average guy like you with a real looker like that" - [he was nodding at this stage] - "it was brilliant while it lasted, and you're just pleased to have had the chance. But it still hurts."

Damien looks at me and I swear there is a glisten in his eyes. "Thirty years ago that's been buried and you just bring it up like that. It was all behind me, all in the past, and just like that. Thirty years. You bastard."

The back of the head is a bit wonky, my sideburns don't match and I think he's nicked one of my ear lobes. But he's not going to screw with my Spurs in future I'll tell you that much.

Last edited:
Back