• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

When I say 14-15, that means outfield players.

Chelsea have 11 players that start regularly in the league, the rest have only a handful of starts and only 6 of those others feature regularly as subs.

1 GK + decent backup (Lloris, Vorm)
2 RBs (Walker, Yedlin)
2 LBs (Rose, Davies)
3 CBs (Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier)
3 CMs (Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli)
4-5 AMs/FWs (Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele + A.N. Other)
2 STs (Kane + 1)

The remaining players in the first team squad should be moved on in the summer. The rest of the squad should be youngsters or others on low wages.

Your back 5 will be relatively settled, unless you have several games in quick succession. It's the 2 CMs and 3 AMs that will get rotated the most as they run the most, FBs and striker occasionally. Most important is to have some versatility, players that can cover more than one position.

I'm not sure Chelsea is the best point of comparison. Particularly the quality of their covering players has been questioned and Mourinho rotates a lot less this season than he did in his first spell at Chelsea (according to football weekly).

Depends a bit on our European status for me. If we're in the EL I quite like what you're presenting with some good youngsters supplementing. If we're in the CL I think we need a bit more proven quality competition for places/cover.

Oh, and one more player that can play both as a striker and a forward. Even Chelsea have 3 strikers...

When I say 14-15, that means outfield players.

Chelsea have 11 players that start regularly in the league, the rest have only a handful of starts and only 6 of those others feature regularly as subs.

1 GK + decent backup (Lloris, Vorm)
2 RBs (Walker, Yedlin)
2 LBs (Rose, Davies)
3 CBs (Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier)
3 CMs (Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli)
4-5 AMs/FWs (Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele + A.N. Other)
2 STs (Kane + 1)

The remaining players in the first team squad should be moved on in the summer. The rest of the squad should be youngsters or others on low wages.

Your back 5 will be relatively settled, unless you have several games in quick succession. It's the 2 CMs and 3 AMs that will get rotated the most as they run the most, FBs and striker occasionally. Most important is to have some versatility, players that can cover more than one position.
We have Holtby coming back (unless HSV have a buy-clause) and I would very much like to see him in our next season's line-up.

Throughout the summer people were naming their first choice starting 11 and not one person listed Son. Well earlier this week Son decided to forfeit playing for his country to focus on his Spurs career, well we all saw how that turned out. I love it when our players are making it harder for Poch to drop them. And now selection becomes even more interesting with the return of the "Beast Master"

Last edited:
We're leaving it too late to make any big name signings or I suspect we won't be making any...

So how do you see us lining up next season based on current players and those due back this week?

I'll go for;

--------------Lloris------------
Walker Vertonghen Dawson Davies
-------------Sandro------------
---------Dembele Holtby--------
-----Eriksen---------Lamela-----
------------Soldado-------------

What a difference a couple of years make

Despite Son's performance today, and the arrival of Janssen, Wanyama and Sissoko (and N'Koudou), our first 11 is still, for me: Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Kane.

Despite Son's performance today, and the arrival of Janssen, Wanyama and Sissoko (and N'Koudou), our first 11 is still, for me: Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Kane.

Mine too.

Welcome to the board BTW

Throughout the summer people were naming their first choice starting 11 and not one person listed Son. Well earlier this week Son decided to forfeit playing for his country to focus on his Spurs career, well we all saw how that turned out. I love it when our players are making it harder for Poch to drop them. And now selection becomes even more interesting with the return of the "Beast Master"

One person: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/the-squad.1219/page-31#post-843497

Ahhhh.... the good old days of the beloved old board....

Where new posters were properly welcomed...

I miss the old board

The Gillingham line up will be fascinating!

Rotated fbs that's easy. With Wimmer and CCV?

Winks with Carol or Wanyama (if Dembele displaces him)?

Who from Lamela, Sissoko, Nkoudu, Onomoha, Edwards, Carol for the front 3?

Janssen up front.

Exciting second team. Would they gel and get the result in your opinion?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Vorm

Tripps CCV Wimmer Davies

Dembele Winks/Carrol

Sissoko Onomah Nkodou

Jaansen​

No way should we play Dembele in the league cup, he is one player that should be reserved for ECL and EPL matches

On the other hand I wonder if Poch would consider starting Edwards

The Gillingham line up will be fascinating!

Rotated fbs that's easy. With Wimmer and CCV?

Winks with Carol or Wanyama (if Dembele displaces him)?

Who from Lamela, Sissoko, Nkoudu, Onomoha, Edwards, Carol for the front 3?

Janssen up front.

Exciting second team. Would they gel and get the result in your opinion?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I must confess I have never been keen on using the phrase "second team"

Back