• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

Lloris

Naughton/Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose

Lamela Mason Stambouli Townsend

Chadli
Kane

We are seriously lacking width at the moment so I would go back to a 442 or 4411 - Townsend looks infinitely more dangerous going down the left where he can flat track bully full backs and get a cross in, still not sure about the right hand side, but definitely NOT Townsend there... Lamela, on stats, should start there but again he always cuts in and we lose our forward momentum giving the defence a chance to turn around and position themselves. That's the problem with inverted wingers, as soon as the players stops advancing forwards and goes across the pitch the defence can organise. Go straight at them (for example Bojan) and people don't have time to think - because, let's be honest, if we had time to think someone would have come out from the back (Fazio) and closed or Mason would have taken him down with hindsight...

Chadli doesn't work back hard enough to be a winger but he obviously has an eye for goal set him up top with Kane with the two interchanging.

Mason has done nothing wrong and Stambouli should be given a chance ahead of Capoue, surely he can't be worse!!

Away and vs tougher opposition: 4-5-1 Lloris - Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies - Lennon Stambouli Eriksen Mason Rose - Kane
At home and vs weaker oppositon 4-4-2 Lloris - Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies - Lennon Stambouli Eriksen Rose/Chadli - Kane and Soldado.

Subs:
Like for like formation: 4-5-1 Chadli for Rose. Dembele for Mason.
Into a 4-4-2 Chadli for Rose, mason off. Soldado on.

I think it just amazing that our starting 11 yesterday was the youngest in the Premier League all season. Talk about giving youth a chance. Maybe these guys can develop together into something special

I think it just amazing that our starting 11 yesterday was the youngest in the Premier League all season. Talk about giving youth a chance. Maybe these guys can develop together into something special
Did I see you over on ArseMania poking the natives?

Right now, we have a lot of competition all over the squad. Vertonghen is looking like our first choice CB and Fazio and Dier seem to be in competition for the spot alongside him, with both of those guys able to play instead of him too. Walker likely has RB nailed down with Chiriches as nothing more than injury cover whilst Davies and Rose seem to both have hot and cold periods. In midfield two from Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli must play, with three from Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Lamela and Townsend playing behind Kane.

Really it's just cover for Kane that we really lack in that list. Speaking hypothetcially, all we need to add is 2-3 first team starters and we have a squad that will last for years.

Can you confirm if you meant our youngest 11 or the youngest 11 of the season. If it was the youngest 11 that truly is remarkable.

Starting to see some real competition for places actually.

Dier challenging Fazio for a place in the starting line-up.

Rose currently winning the duel with Davies, but an ongoing competition for sure.

Stambouli showing himself good enough to at least give us an option to Bentaleb/Mason.

Dembele stepping up in an attacking midfield role, probably close between him, Chadli and Lamela for the two spots not locked down by Eriksen and Kane in the front 4.

Starting to see some real competition for places actually.

Dier challenging Fazio for a place in the starting line-up.

Rose currently winning the duel with Davies, but an ongoing competition for sure.

Stambouli showing himself good enough to at least give us an option to Bentaleb/Mason.

Dembele stepping up in an attacking midfield role, probably close between him, Chadli and Lamela for the two spots not locked down by Eriksen and Kane in the front 4.

We're starting to see the core 14-15 players that can be rotated without disrupting anything. Having 22 first team quality players is really too much.

We're starting to see the core 14-15 players that can be rotated without disrupting anything. Having 22 first team quality players is really too much.

Not if you want to compete for the title and the CL and at least 1 domestic cup

Not if you want to compete for the title and the CL and at least 1 domestic cup

When I say 14-15, that means outfield players.

Chelsea have 11 players that start regularly in the league, the rest have only a handful of starts and only 6 of those others feature regularly as subs.

1 GK + decent backup (Lloris, Vorm)
2 RBs (Walker, Yedlin)
2 LBs (Rose, Davies)
3 CBs (Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier)
3 CMs (Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli)
4-5 AMs/FWs (Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele + A.N. Other)
2 STs (Kane + 1)

The remaining players in the first team squad should be moved on in the summer. The rest of the squad should be youngsters or others on low wages.

Your back 5 will be relatively settled, unless you have several games in quick succession. It's the 2 CMs and 3 AMs that will get rotated the most as they run the most, FBs and striker occasionally. Most important is to have some versatility, players that can cover more than one position.

When I say 14-15, that means outfield players.

Chelsea have 11 players that start regularly in the league, the rest have only a handful of starts and only 6 of those others feature regularly as subs.

1 GK + decent backup (Lloris, Vorm)
2 RBs (Walker, Yedlin)
2 LBs (Rose, Davies)
3 CBs (Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier)
3 CMs (Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli)
4-5 AMs/FWs (Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Dembele + A.N. Other)
2 STs (Kane + 1)

The remaining players in the first team squad should be moved on in the summer. The rest of the squad should be youngsters or others on low wages.

Your back 5 will be relatively settled, unless you have several games in quick succession. It's the 2 CMs and 3 AMs that will get rotated the most as they run the most, FBs and striker occasionally. Most important is to have some versatility, players that can cover more than one position.

I think that Paulinho has shown signs of improvement recently and is not too far away for being part of that group for the rest of this season

I think that Paulinho has shown signs of improvement recently and is not too far away for being part of that group for the rest of this season

Both Paulinho and Soldado will be there to make up the numbers this season, but they're too expensive to keep around as backups.

Back