• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

Are anywhere on those lists? CBA to go through them all

I've only skimmed through, but didn't see us. There are a lot of bricky athletic stadiums in there though, mainly included for their size and covering as many countries as possible.

I've been to five of the top six stadiums.

On Friday night I went to the Azteca stadium in Mexico City. They beat El Salvador in a Russia 2018 qualifier. 3-0

Free kick in the fifth minute top corner. They did a Mexican wave too :)

Are anywhere on those lists? CBA to go through them all

#3 Wembley
#9 Old Trafford
#11 Celtic Park
#20 Anfield
#30 Ibrox
#36 Emirates
#39 St James' Park
#46 Villa Park
#51 Hampden Park
#60 The Millenium Stadium
#69 Goodison Park
#72 Etihad
#88 Aviva Stadium
#90 Craven Cottage
#100 Stamford Bridge

To have brickholes like San Siro at 5th or Amsterdam Arena in the top 20 is a joke.

Click (BBC) had a segment this week about technolgy in the Levi's stadium. Mainly about visitors using apps to navigate the stadium and order half time snacks etc. I'd expect our new stadium to be quite cutting edge..

The Wembley pitch has some very strang characteristics, I have always thought the bounce of the ball was just wrong!

I think the the Milton option although not as "trendy" is a little more low key and would be my choice.

As a wheelchair user Wembley is outstanding, but that's about it.

Chelsea launches design contest for Herzog & de Meuron gates
23 February 2016 | By Elizabeth Hopkirk

Chelsea FC has launched an open design competition for a set of gates that would mark the entrance to the club’s Herzog & de Meuron-designed stadium.

The three-round contest will see a shortlist of six announced on April 15 and two finalists presented to the crowd at the last home match of the 2015/16 season. The winner will be chosen live in the stadium.

Chelsea commissioned Herzog & de Meuron and local practice Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands to design a 60,000-seat stadium on the exact footprint of the existing Stamford Bridge ground. The gothic-influenced brick design is currently going through planning.

It proposes expanding the historic Stamford bridge which carries Fulham Road over a railway line, linking the main road directly to the new east stand.

As part of this Hammersmith & Fulham council asked the club to create a landmark set of gates at the new approach to the stadium.

In a statement Chelsea said: “Respecting the heritage of the site, we are following the great London tradition of public design competitions for epic city structures, for example from Tower Bridge in 1876 to the Royal Parks competition for gates to Hyde Park today. So the gates for Stamford Bridge will be designed by public competition, open to everyone.”

The brief specifies robust, working gates which should be 15m wide and between 3 and 7m high. They do not have to be symmetrical but should be inspired by the history of the club, the site and the wider district, as well as by the design of the new stadium.

The closing date for stage one is March 24. Entries should be submitted here.

How about the Captain/Leader/Legend John Terry's face on one of the gates and Anton Ferdinand's on the other.

Here's my entry.
auschwitz-gates-P.jpeg

Last edited:
Back