• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

St Woolwich Wanderers Day

I hope that isn't a thing that catches on. It's good to finish above them but celebrating it shows a lack of ambition and class.
I think you are being too precious. Banter between fans is part of the fun of football. They celebrated St totteringham’s day even when they were successful and good luck to them. Of course it is no substitute for winning trophies but why not laud finishing above them when they did so to us for so long.

I think you are being too precious. Banter between fans is part of the fun of football. They celebrated St totteringham’s day even when they were successful and good luck to them. Of course it is no substitute for winning trophies but why not laud finishing above them when they did so to us for so long.

I've got no problem with banter but I think having a day like this is smalltime. Arsenal didn't give a toss about it when they were winning the league, it only became a thing when they stopped winning things. I think that we should stop looking at the clubs behind us and focus on finishing above those in front.

I've got no problem with banter but I think having a day like this is smalltime. Arsenal didn't give a toss about it when they were winning the league, it only became a thing when they stopped winning things. I think that we should stop looking at the clubs behind us and focus on finishing above those in front.

Could not agree more, I only care about spurs no other teams.

*I hope Brighton stay up but i dont really care that much.

Killjoy.

Arsenal fans cared about it plenty even when they were successful. It’s a bit of fun and nothing else. Don’t see the problem at all.

The best fun is ignoring them. It is wonderful and winds them up even more...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was kind of proud last year, that we didn't have a name for this day. They'll be well aware of the occasion but their tiny little brains will be baffled by the fact we aren't rubbing it in. Let them stew on it.

Arsenal fans cared about it plenty even when they were successful. It’s a bit of fun and nothing else. Don’t see the problem at all.

How many references to it can you find from before their last league title?

I'm not going to go back mate and look through Arse mania or the like. I am taking it from mates I knew who were gooners and who revelled in our misfortune for years. Which tbh I felt was part and parcel of being a fan. Each to their own I guess but I see nothing wrong in our fans giving them a bit of their own medicine. Of course it will feel better when we win trophies.

A gooner at a customer where I was briefly seconded in spring 2002 - so I'm clear on the date - sent me an email about it, which was the first time I'd encountered it. That, of course, predates their unbeaten season.

A gooner at a customer where I was briefly seconded in spring 2002 - so I'm clear on the date - sent me an email about it, which was the first time I'd encountered it. That, of course, predates their unbeaten season.

I believe that you are right and it started on an Arsenal blog around that time. It took off several years later though when they started celebrating winning the top 4 cup each year.

I read about it in a copy of FHM, of all places, years ago - this was before it exploded in their general fans consciousness tbf and would tie in with Ships 2002 date

Back