• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

St Hotspur Day (14 April)

Time flies since I was at Wembley enjoying that game before moving to the States the following year. Amazing (and disturbing) that it was the last time we won an FA Cup Semi-Final. Also, it must not be forgotten that Gazza's performance that day was even more amazing given that he was clearly not match fit. He had a hernia operation in the run-up to the game and had only returned briefly against Norwich a few days before. The free-kick gets all the plaudits, but I still love the interplay that led to our second goal which included a Gazza dummy that totally flummoxed the Arsenal defense.

Definitely my favourite day ever supporting Spurs - there was just a magical feel to the whole occasion.

A bit sad that nothing has eclipsed it since though, except probably the final a few weeks after
I know it's not quite the same but I loved our Carling Cup run in 2008. Victory against City, smashing Arsenal finally in the semis and then the wood gate winner against Chelsea in extra time. Berbatov, Keane, Steed, JJ and King not to mention the Zok. Thought it would herald the start of good times. Alas like 1991, another false dawn.

Look where their keeper is when he goes out of frame haha.

Upside down behind the touch line two yards passed his goalpost. And our forwards are already halfway back to gazza.

And the graceless bellend still could not give gazza proper credit.

Part of me wants to be big about this and simply say, 'Big Whoop'. We want to finish ahead of them for the same reason we want to finish ahead of all other clubs - because they're there.

But that's a very small part, of course. Trapped under one fingernail.

The bigger part of me - trapped in emotional development at around 14 years of age - wants to get out the shillelagh, the sandpaper and the road salt and give these fucqin' Tinsel Vincibles something to wince about. Repay them for their kindness and sympathy over the years.

Watching those replays of Gascoigne's great goal at Wembley and reading this reference from johnola reminded me of the great description Nayim had of Seaman when he scored that famous UEFA Cup goal in '85. He says he turned Seaman into "Kermit the Frog." As did Gascoigne. Never mind the fucqwits hosting the interview:

So when will we be mathematically assured of finishing above the scum? We're past jinxes now. We're moving on. We won't need a day to celebrate it, but it will bring a smile, after years looking up.

Last edited:
So when will we mathematically assured of finishing above the scum? We're past jinxes now. We're moving on. We won't need a day to celebrate it, but it will bring a smile, after years looking up.

If we win our next 3 we'll be guaranteed to finish above them. Two wins plus a draw in the NLD with our superior goal difference would leave us only needing two more points from the remaining four games even if they won all the rest of theirs, barring a ridiculous swing in their favour goals-wise.

One at a time, though ....

If we win our next 3 we'll be guaranteed to finish above them. Two wins plus a draw in the NLD with our superior goal difference would leave us only needing two more points from the remaining four games even if they won all the rest of theirs, barring a ridiculous swing in their favour goals-wise.

One at a time, though ....

We are a cautious lot these days aren't we.

Back