• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

Go on give the team line up so we can marvel at how far we have come.

I. Walker
C. Calderwood
G. Mabbutt
R. Fox
A. Nielsen
D. Anderton
L. Ferdinand
S. Carr
D. Ginola
C. Wilson
A. Sinton

E. Baardsen
J. Edinburgh
S. Iversen
R. Allen
S. Clemence

We finished the season 8 points behind Coventry in 14th place having won only 11 games throughout the season.
If anyone wants to complain about the game last Sunday, get some perspective.

Last edited:
Probably yesterday. I was pretty disgusted after the stoke and wolves games with referees too this season but i was just shocked yesterday.

Good thing is i am going to the wigan game next tuesday so hopefully i'll forget about yesterday... a bit...

5-2 at Old Trafford - Another bad decision by Webb cost us the game after we were 2-0 up at half time. Watched it with United fans as well which made it even worse.

5-1 to City - Went to the game hoping for a win but expecting a draw, then watched possibly the worst performance from a Tottenham team I have ever seen.

Probably alot more that I can't think of but these two were so frustrating.

5-1 to City - Went to the game hoping for a win but expecting a draw, then watched possibly the worst performance from a Tottenham team I have ever seen.

1/2 a spurs team up against a club that had spent over ?ú1bn, also we had 4 big chances before they scored too

FA Cup semi '93.

We'd had a good two years of singing "3-1 we beat the Scum 3-1", and as we came out of the stadium, they had already started singing their new version with "1-0" - it was demoralising.

It was a brick match too, and i queued for 5 and half poxy hours for tickets for the privilege.

Meh.

Littlewoods Cup Semi-Final Reply v The Arse. 1-0 up with 7 minutes left and then 1-2 in the final minute and all the goons going mental in the Park Lane. 4-1 Everton semi was bad too but the worst was WHam lasagna-gate. Yesterday is definately up (or down) there though!

5-2 at Old Trafford - Another bad decision by Webb cost us the game after we were 2-0 up at half time. Watched it with United fans as well which made it even worse.

Probably alot more that I can't think of but these two were so frustrating.

I remember watching that game in the pub. Some idiotic scottish posh boy from clapham was slagging off spurs no end. I'm not a violent man but I can see why people retort to physical arguments in football.

The first time I was ever upset about spurs was our semi final vs everton. I think I was seven then and unconsolable. Ditto the semi final against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Great list, I think you've summed it up rather well chaps

The bloody referees have had a MASSIVE hand in a lot of these defeats

If only the ref had/hadn't given that penalty... if only it was/wasn't offside...

Then again... if only Campbell hadn't inexplicably handballed against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

But if the refs don't conspire against us, the bloody pitch does

I didn't even remember that we lost 2-0 to Portsmouth in the FA Cup semi, I thought it was 1-0

"Tottenham Hotspur dominated and Peter Crouch, in particular, will be incredulous that he did not score. The striker, of course, used to be on the books at Fratton Park. There are many ties between these clubs and it often looked as if the sides would never disentangle themselves.

It took the referee to keep them apart even after Portsmouth had gone into the lead. Within moments of the goal, Alan Wiley wrongly disallowed an equaliser by Crouch from a Gareth Bale cross when he supposed there had been by a foul by Niko Kranjcar on David James. A curse was probably essential to deny Harry Redknapp's side. Even the opener depended on the random conduct of a pitch at Wembley that is already notorious.

Nine minutes into extra time, a Marc Wilson set-piece came off the head of Kevin-Prince Boateng and would have been attended to had Michael Dawson not lost his footing. The centre-half fell and Fr?®d?®ric Piquionne pounced, shooting beyond Heurelho Gomes. A wretched day for Redknapp's team concluded when Portsmouth scored again three minutes from the end. Wilson Palacios brought down Aruna Dindane and Boateng, one of a several former Tottenham players, converted the penalty."

Reading through this thread is making more depressed than I was last night. So many bad memories coming back.
Got about an hour of sleep last night, honestly. Am I taking it too much to heart, or were any of of you the same?

Based on that torment, yesterday was up there with Spurs 3 City 4. Losing 7-0 at Anfield, then being relegated later that season, in 1977.
Lasagnegate.

United 5-3 strangely didnt hear as much as City 4-3. Pompey 2-0 I never really felt we were going to win that even driving down, dont know why just did.

It could be because it is still raw but yesterday is in my top 3 bricklist. I was a believer but that defeat has ended any title hopes we had. And the manner of defeat is a bitter pill to swallow.
I'll be disgusted if that shower of tossers wins the league.

Its the fact 3 mins before the goal we were so close to securing a possible season-changing win. 2pts off top spot, the belief the team would have gained.
We will never ever know what a win could have done for the Club, then to have even a creditable point ripped away when it could, and really should, have been avoided. I think thats what really hurt

Tottenham 1-3 Liverpool 4/11/1990
Couple of months after Italia 90, Gazza and Lineker in the team, started the season 10 games unbeaten, match live on ITV, just couldn't understand the concept of us losing...I was 9 years old.

Its the fact 3 mins before the goal we were so close to securing a possible season-changing win. 2pts off top spot, the belief the team would have gained.
We will never ever know what a win could have done for the Club, then to have even a creditable point ripped away when it could, and really should, have been avoided. I think thats what really hurt

I've waited 30 years for us to win the league. Whilst it was unlikely to happen this year, if Defoe had not stopped running and had tapped that in, I would have started to really believe in us.

Ah well, maybe in 2042 we will have another chance to win the league

Being relegated to the old second division; worst feeling ever, and then selling Pat Jennings to the scum!

As for yesterday, I always knew that any game that that BHB Webb was involved in was bound to end in controversy?

i cried when we lost to coventry in 87. i was only a kid.

however nothing comes close to losing that cup final to a pub team like blackburn. mark hughes played in midfield aged about 42 ffs. felt sick for days afterwards.

Sunday is definately amongst the worst.

Vs man utd 3-5. I was playing a match with my own team so i missed the first half, some of my teammates says spurs lead 3-0 and i didnt believe it. Came home and then swoooosh 45 mins later, fudging hell! I just knew it when they scored the first.

Vs man utd 0-0 the Mendes incident. I think i started crying because of the injustice.

Vs city 3-4. Madness

Vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine 7-1. This one was really bad. Back then the coverage in Norway was way more limited than now, but this one was broadcasted live. Looked forward to it for weeks only to be smashed. I was in my early teens back then and my heart was broken.

Lasagne-gate is by far and away the worst for me.

Same for me. Along with scummers winning the league at The Lane.

To be honest, Sunday was devastating due to the turn of events in the last 15 minutes but in the bigger scheme we can still recover from that loss and finish in a great position.

Yesterdays result hit me pretty hard and one of the worst feelings I've had after a match.

It got me thinking what were your worst moments supporting Spurs? Came up with these - any more????

Saturday 29th September 2001 - Spurs 3 - 5 Man U

3 up at half time, Dean Richards Debut Goal, all going wonderfully..... and then half time came!

Wednesday 4th February 2004 - Spurs 3 - 4 Emirates Marketing Project

3 up at half time (sounds familiar)! Emirates Marketing Project down to 10 men..... we all know what happend next!

SUnday 7th May 2006 - West Ham 2 - 1 Spurs

Champions League football beckoned at the expense of Arsenal..... then comes Lasagne Gate!

Any more games that have left you sick beyond belief???

Those are definitely the most sickening results that stick in my mind too, nothing worse than snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Back