• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

The worst ones for me are the FA Cup semi final defeats, as you're so close to glory and have it taken away from you. The Everton one was worst for me as I hadn't been a Spurs fan that long at the time so it was my first ever really big Spurs let down. The way we'd got back into the cup after being banned, Teddy and Jurgen up front, I thought we were nailed on to win it. Then not only do we lose to Everton, we get spanked 4-1 :(

The Saudi Sportswashing Machine semi in 1999 tinkled me off hugely too. In the second half one of their players (I think it was Dabizas???) handballs in the box and we get no penalty, then Saudi Sportswashing Machine get given a penalty for us handballing in the box in extra time. I was livid about that, denied the chance to do a cup double (although I'm sure Man Utd would have done us in the final, but you never know!!).

Youre kidding me! The team were already on holiday for that match, in fact I had written it off.
Them being on holiday made it all the worse. It was their last game before the summer FFS and they couldn't be bothered to hold on to a two goal lead against a side that had already been relegated. The majority of the players being on ?ú40k odd a week. Absolutely horrible game to be at.

Seeing Burnley reminds me how close we were to what possibly could have been the worst night of the lot. I think had we lost 3-0 in that 2nd leg at Turf Moor a few seasons ago, that evening would have been high of peoples list.
We got out of jail that night.

Was that Alnwicks last app for Spurs by the way??

I was there that night...horrible. It was about 2 degrees, raining and possibly one of the worst performances I have seen live. 2 mins to go and looking like we'll go out on away goals...Defoe and Pav somehow pull it out of their arse. It was a complete joke and almost embarrassing to go through.

Game ended at about 11pm, got back to Walthamstow at 'kin 5am.

Why the fudge do away goals count after extra in the League Cup? I was thankful for it that night.

2001/02 worthington cup final against Blackburn. Went to Cardiff and had to work in the City the next day, welcomed by a picture of the Blackburn winning team from the Sun stuck to my work PC.

City 4-3. Cried in my bedroom, dad came up and shouted what was wrong with me and I was on the floor and kicked the door back in his face which hit him and he wholloped me one...

Lasagnegate. Watched in a pub full of west ham fans and arsenal fans as they split the pub up and showed both games. Left to a whole pub saying who are ya as I started on loads of blokes, ran out. And had to wait and go back in and get my ex who was still in the pub.

2-2 arsenal when they won the league. Kept finding it hilarious seeing the gooners celebrating when it finished 2-2. Got home to find out they'd won the league ...

I don't think this comes anywhere close to Lasagnagate. In fact after an hour I was pretty much over the defeat. When you've seen so many average Spurs teams during the Prem era, you really have to sit back and enjoy watching a team like this. But like anyone else, we can't expect everything to go our way.

Lasagne-gate for me... just the whole dark seedy underbelly of the day that STILL to this day has never been fully explained... (and will probably never be)

Mendes goal at OT hurt like hell too... similar to last Sunday... the unlikely nature of the win, snatched away by sheer ineptitude of ANOTHER fudging referee who probably can't wait to stop off on the M6 services to 'pick up his package' ...unfair doesn't do it justice...

If football DOES work like that, then we've got one hell of a roundabout to look forward to after numerous fudging swings straight in our faces...

...and if it doesn't really work like that, then football's been broken for a long time...

Them being on holiday made it all the worse. It was their last game before the summer FFS and they couldn't be bothered to hold on to a two goal lead against a side that had already been relegated. The majority of the players being on ?ú40k odd a week. Absolutely horrible game to be at.

We were still playing for third that day, given Arsenal's perennial post February collapse (table). We needed Fulham to beat Arsenal at the Emirates, but they were 3-0 down at half time. I'd say the lads heard this and, coupled with one last Premiership hurrah for their fans by Burnley, it led to the next 45 minutes of brick.

Can't really compliain too much given what they did days earlier, but then again I wasn't there!

Unluckiest Season?

So we can all cast our minds back to injustices received over the years, like Lasagna-gate or Mendes' greatest goal that never was. But I'm starting to think that this must be some of the worst luck I have seen Spurs ride over the years.

I don't for a second think there is anything more sinister at work than lady luck ramming a stiff one up us. But so far we have seen three good Adebayour goals disallowed, at least three good penalty claims ignored and a couple of sendings off missed.

Worse is that they seem to be coming in important games and we have lost at least 6 points because of them, maybe more. Can anyone think of a more unlucky season?

I'd say lasagne-gate tops the list for me... just due to what was at stake, and how UNLIKELY an occurrence it was... offside/onside goals get missed all the time, but I can't for the life of me remember a precedent for an entire squad to go down with food poisoning at EXACTLY the same time, on the eve of arguably the biggest game in the clubs' modern era (post '92, when football was invented by Sky!) ...and i'm not sure if it's happened since... funny that!

Bad luck or more to it??? Damn right I won't let it slide...

Yep, in recent times has to be the dodgy food episode. As 1882 says; how likely was that? Has it happened before or since?

Hard to beat the lasagne situation. You can even add in Henry fouling Stalteri on the sideline before they equalised against us at Highbury. Or Gerrard's brick backpass straight to Henry again when Liverpool played them, drawing 1-1 with seven minutes to play. Or Gallas' 94th minute screamer to beat us at Stamford Bridge. Urgh.

The season after wasn't much better. Didn't we keep on conceding 30+ yard strikes from almost every team? I think it started on the first day of the season away at Bolton when reknowned goalscorer Ivan Campo fizzed one in from 35 yards and then it just went on and on.

The season after wasn't much better. Didn't we keep on conceding 30+ yard strikes from almost every team? I think it started on the first day of the season away at Bolton when reknowned goalscorer Ivan Campo fizzed one in from 35 yards and then it just went on and on.

As soon as I started reading that I was going to say Campo, that was an absolute thunderbolt of a goal into the left corner. The difference, I think, is that you can make your own luck. Leaking goals in the dying moments and letting in 30yd screamers is down to the team. But this season we seem to be getting an unprecedented number of bad decisions against us that are completely out of the teams control. And it always seems to be in games that we are struggling in.

Mind you, we seem to be struggling all the time at the moment. I'm still waiting for that 3-0+ scoreline!

Don't know if unlucky is the right word. We've been poisoned, Foyked, Webbed, Probed, Atkuntsoned, Clatted and what not.

Imagine if all these "unlucky" events had been turned around this season. All our good goals had stood, a fudgeload of red cards handed out to those who constantly kicks Bale to the ground, some of our cards been overlooked, awarded a few unlikely penalties, given 2-3 goals that never even were close to being over the line... Hell, we'd be cruising!

My selective memory of course only remembers the bad episodes, mainly because they are often very obvious and also ends with us losing valuable points. Can anyone remember some "lucky" episodes this season? Surely there must be some things that has won us points? I can only remember the Cahill sending off against Bolton, which was harsh, but we were 1-0 up and probably would have stuffed them anyways. Anything else?

But this season we seem to be getting an unprecedented number of bad decisions against us that are completely out of the teams control.
That's true!

Don't know if unlucky is the right word. We've been poisoned, Foyked, Webbed, Probed, Atkuntsoned, Clatted and what not.

Imagine if all these "unlucky" events had been turned around this season. All our good goals had stood, a fudgeload of red cards handed out to those who constantly kicks Bale to the ground, some of our cards been overlooked, awarded a few unlikely penalties, given 2-3 goals that never even were close to being over the line... Hell, we'd be cruising!

My selective memory of course only remembers the bad episodes, mainly because they are often very obvious and also ends with us losing valuable points. Can anyone remember some "lucky" episodes this season? Surely there must be some things that has won us points? I can only remember the Cahill sending off against Bolton, which was harsh, but we were 1-0 up and probably would have stuffed them anyways. Anything else?

I can only remember a few tenuous ones; van der Vaart not getting pulled up for handball vs Arsenal (and then stupidly heading to the fans to celebrate despite already being booked); Walker handling on the ground in a late goalmouth scramble at Craven Cottage; that PAOK defender getting sent off for the ball hitting him on the arm on the goaline seemed a bit harsh too, don't think any of our players even appealed for it! But that was even in the Europa League, and who really gives a fudge about that.

All pretty borderline as being "lucky", and nothing in comparision to what happened to us at Stoke and against Wolves recently.

We had some wretched luck under Hoddle. Tarrico being sent of at Old Trafford for a foul which was a good 4ft outside their penalty area, Ziege's injury problems, Penalty not given in the Blackburn final, the Acimovic miss against Fulham (?), Gerard's goal from a long ball at the Lane after we had pummelled them for the entire game. I was just resigning myself to having to settle for a draw, when bosh, they won it. Ugh, Glenn's last season had some real horror shows.

The difference this season is that it is REFEREES and LINESMEN causing us damage....given the money in the game, they should have to sign up for being audited for life. The likes of Abramovich MUST consider bribing the officials as one route to aid success: it happens in many countries, do we honestly think that English football is immune from corruption?

wait until we beat man utd with the decidinig goal scored by a player who should have been sent off, was in an offside position, the move started from a free kick we shouldnt have had and the ball doesnt even cross the line....

that is justice

Back