• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

For me, this season absolutely trumps all that has gone before, lasagnagate, Emirates Marketing Project in the cup, Everton in the cup, Manure, the whole kit and kaboodle, this whole season has been an absolute humiliation bakkake fudge fest what with the raping at the emirates, the raping in the final, losing the huge gap we had, and the creme brule in the CL final.

My only crumb of comfort is that we have had all of this happen in one season, so surely that is it all out the way, the odds should now be on our side, I tell my self this everytime we are on the end of a fudge over

Last edited:
This is one for the really old fans like me.
Benfica 1962 European cup semi final. Were beaten 3-1 out there, and I believe we had 2 goals ruled out.
Went 1-0 down at home, Greaves goal ruled out, then battered them for the rest of the match. Could only win 2-1 in the end. Heart breaking.
But it prepared me for the many ups and downs to come!
Went on to win the FA Cup later that season, and win the European Cup Winners Cup the following year, so recovery was quick

My dad tells me it was the biggest case of brown envelopes

How did I not add le arse winning the league at the lane in 04 actually felt sick

Oh yea, how many clubs can seriously say they have had all of this happen to them, not to mention the Manure over the line incident denying us the first win in GHod knows how long up there

Last edited:
Relegation, and then two defeats in 1978. 0-7 at Liverpool, and 0-5 at home to the other lot just before Christmas. Yeah, ho fudgen ho Santa.

Mind you, Saturday night has to be right up there, because of the likely implications in direct cash terms; in terms of keeping who we've got (Bale, Modric) and in terms of attracting new talent.
You can picture 'appy geezer 'Arry giving it "Come an' play for us at the Lane sunshine. Luvverly here it is. You don't need that Champions league stuff. Europa League on Thursday nights it is for us, but I won't even pick yer for it, coz I don't like that Europa league much. Naaah".

How did I not add le arse winning the league at the lane in 04 actually felt sick

That didn't bother me at all.

Arsenal had, to all intents and purposes, already comfortably won the league before that game.

They were a brilliant team and overwhelming favourites. By contrast, we were in a desperate relegation fight, having endured a dreadful start to the season under Glenn and then having been lumbered with Pleat as caretaker for the remainder of the season.

We were still deep in danger at that late stage of the season, so when Arsenal went 2-0 up, things looked very bleak for us indeed. But, somehow, we turned it around and scored a dramatic, late equalizer from the penalty spot.

I paid no attention to their title celebrations. I was just thrilled that we had avoided yet another defeat in the derby (especially since the equalizer came so late in the game) and, in so doing, had crept that little bit further away from danger.

It was a good day, all told.

I started consciously supporting just after relegation; I remember it, but I was very young and as such insulated from the pain, which was then blown away by the early 80s...

Goon semi in 93 was very very very hard.
Then Everton one.

Was absolutely devastated by Lasagnagate.

The 5-2 this season because it was so utterly avoidable.

Saturday's events.

I've been very down...but to be fair, I have felt the portent of doom since the 5-2...inexplicable events...just bewildering...

p.s. Fulop's display against the goons made me laugh!!!!!! like watching basil fawlty...

Coventry 3 - 2 Spurs
87 cup final.

The flock of 13 to 14 year olds awaiting my arrival at school Monday morning was frightening.
That was humiliation on another level.

We were a better team back then, finished the season 3rd. And lost to the equivalent of Wigan!

watching that CL final and just knowing that somehow chelsea would win was the most painful for me as a football fan.

The 3-4 against Emirates Marketing Project for me too. I never understand why the 3-5 against Man Utd is mentioned in the same breath as this. It was memorable, for sure, but they were arguably the best team in Europe. Emirates Marketing Project were fella midtable fodder and down to 10 men. It was a shambles. Playing Ledley King in midfield when we had maybe one decent defender. Jesus H Christ. Pleaty was crap.

that was just typical spurs. led all 3 games and the gooners were in front for about 30 seconds over the 5 hours. unfortunately it was the last 30 seconds. i swear there was a groan when we won the toss to be home in the replay

So many bad moments but 1987 still sticks in my mind. On for the treble, we come 3rd in the league and then lose to the scum in the league cup semi after battering West ham 5-0 in the quarters (clive allen 9 minute hattrick, funny what you remember!) and so the FA cup was the last chance. When the final whistle blew, I left the room, went upstairs, locked my door and led on my bed and sobbed for hours. I was 13 and that was the first real pain from football.

still feeling pretty low myself but nothing really compares to devastation i felt after we lost that cup final to a crap blackburn side that had mark hughes who was about 40 at the time in midfield. can't forget les ferdinand who's supposed to be coaching our strikers missing about 4 sitters. couldn't shake that one off for weeks afterwards.

honourable mention goes to losing to coventry. i cried after that one. :cry:

Jesus, do you have all year...... ;-)

In November 66, at my first ever Spurs game aged just 5.

We lost to the hammers.

I had the chance to get out there and then, and never come back.

46 years later...................I'm moderating a bloody forum with you lot on it. fudge my life.

In November 66, at my first ever Spurs game aged just 5.

46 years later...................I'm moderating a bloody forum with you lot on it. fudge my life.

:eek:

Dunno why, but I'd always had you down for early 20's!!

Back