• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

After 30+ years of support there's been a few.

Spurs 3 - Utd 5
Spurs 3 - City 4

The one that actually made me cry though was the 87 FA Cup Final against Coventry. We were up for a treble that year and got nothing. I was devastated.

I don't think we were ever realistically in with a shout of the League, but losing to a last minute goal against the scum in the semi of the League Cup fudging hurt as well.

I'm fifty, so too many to count really. Maybe the semi of the FA Cup when ****ball inexplicibly decided to try to catch the ball in the penalty area. Was that the jurgen semi? I seem to think so.

no that was the Amokachi semi v Everton when we got hammered 4-1. Bloody hell we're always getting humiliated!

League Cup Semi-Final Replay, second leg v. Goons, 1987.

I was young and delicate. Unlike today, when I'm old and delicate.

I think last weekend's debacle has been tempered by the fact my wife gave birth 5 weeks early. Maybe the little'un 'knew' I'd need something to keep me happy so came along early.

87 cup final probably ..... also the cup semi loss to Arsenal when Anderton should have had a pen and Adams scored their winner...... not helped by the fact I'd been spat on by a 6 year old scum supporter.

The City 4-3 actually is a great shout.

Saturday should be up there. The City 3-2 this season should be up there. The Arsenal 5-2 this season should be up there. But this season has seen everything so bizzarely run against us that it hasn't really felt real. I haven't been able to get too down about it because I just couldn't believe it was all happening. How the margins were so fine that if just one little thing went in our favour instead of the myriad of crap that went against us, it would have been one of our best seasons in years.

But the City 4-3 was just...wow. Unbelievable. I was so down at the final whistle. And although I couldn't believe it was happening it wasn't as if the team promised so much and ultimately got unlucky or failed to deliver, we were a poor side but went in 3-0 up against a hilariously dysfunctional Emirates Marketing Project side and just didn't have the stomach for the second half. I had genuine anger towards Spurs that night when usually I could be philosophical or laugh it all off.

Also, the Stoke 2-1 this season. Not so much anger towards Spurs but towards how we lost that game. It really makes you wonder what the point of it all is when that happens. How seemingly one man can just take the result away from the deserving team on a whim like that. I'm sure he probably didn't mean to, but it was just unbelievable. We were very unlucky this season, probably the most unlucky team in the league. Bolton also got some bad luck, so I feel sorry for them as a lot of things went against them. But with us, after a season that promised so much, after the utter buzz of watching Spurs in the first half of the season, and because of the fact we were title challenging and doing it 'our way' as opposed to being bankrolled by sugar daddies, I guess I have been down for a long while now that it's hard to pinpoint where it all went wrong. We promised so much. We had the talent to do it. But it was one piece of crap after another ever since the Emirates Marketing Project 3-2 that got thrown in our faces, and it never evened itself out.

That myth is absolute gonad*s. Unless Chelsea's luck evened itself out from the semi-final that they lost. Maybe one of these years we will get it all our way. Maybe all our luck was given to us in the form of kind FA Cup draws this season but even that got snatched away from us with a ghost goal. One fudging thing after another this season. We literally could not catch a break. Therefore I feel majorly down about it all.

The 94/95 Semi is still the worst for me, and always will be I think, just because I was at an age where it really did seem the most important thing in the World.

These days I pretty much expect to get jaffed on by Spurs/football, so I'm never surprised and it doesn't get to me like it used to.

this is quite embarrassing - finding out we'd sold Neil Ruddock - was my favorite player at the time (mainly because he was on the front of the Spurs annual at the time) cried my eyes out lol same when Klinsmann left the first time

edit : actually the whole Judas debacle - never felt so brick about anything

defeats ive become accustomed to tbh - did we lose 4-0 to Chelsea 3 times in a couple of weeks or something ? that was pretty hard to swallow

Last edited:
The Arsenal game a few years back when Fabregas scored straight from the kick off after they'd just scored previously. fudging embarrassing.

And this seasons mind the gap flimflam is just as bad.

Spurs have a right way of making its fans look like mugs.

Far far too many but Everton semi final 95, city 3-4 are close seconds behind joint favourites lasagnegate and Chelsea munich.

Also I've never written lasagnegate before but it's on my predictive text. fudging must be gooners designed the iPad!

the angriest i've been was that game at old trafford when gomes made a brilliant save at the feet of giggs only for the ref to point to the spot

the mendes goal and the nano handball also deserve honourable mentions

the angriest i've been was that game at old trafford when gomes made a brilliant save at the feet of giggs only for the ref to point to the spot
You obviously haven't raged as hard or lost as many hours of sleep as I have, or you'd remember it was Michael fudging Carrick.

Might sound like wanting too much but remember leaving highbury for last time ever everyone happy cos all we had to do was beat Bolton and west ham but I was genuinely gutted we didn't hold on and win that game.

Blackburn final I rarely rarely take things for granted but everyone was just so positive we'd win that final and quite frankly players let us down

Bolton at home the day news came through bill nick had passed away walked out disgusted that te players couldn't put on a decent performance
That day.

3-1 up at Chelsea and bottled it in cup.

Seville again dunno why was convinced our name was on that trophy gutted for weeks

And of course that everton semi Truely depressing day

Back