• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Spurs v Liverpool OMT ***

Not sure it's "easy" to fix (get into practice/muscle memory)

We don't remember how to press as a unit, consistently

3 years of playing static football and waiting for the opposition to come to you
A half decent coach
Who wants to play a pressing game
Can work on it and fix it

I'd call it collective Individual errors. They occurred because we weren't at the races collectively! The front 3 pressed, but the rest of the team didn't follow it, making it tinkle easy for Liverpool to play through and bypass both the front 3 and the midfield. If the team played as a unit, none of the first 3 goals would happen.
That is the problem though, you can’t just suddenly start to play a pressing game (and is really hard to play with 3 CBs anyway). It takes a lot of coaching.

That is the problem though, you can’t just suddenly start to play a pressing game (and is really hard to play with 3 CBs anyway). It takes a lot of coaching.
It’s not hard if your Cbs are trained
Atlanta did it so well with 3 centre backs when Romero was there

Is this the worse season for us in PL for conceding last-minute goals?
Remember when it used to be US doing that??

Teams working out that we are scared of our defence much more than they are scared of our attack?

Is this the worse season for us in PL for conceding last-minute goals?
Remember when it used to be US doing that??

Teams working out that we are scared of our defence much more than they are scared of our attack?
What last minute ones have we conceded

pool - scored by a player who should have been sent off
Bournemouth - fair goal for them, just after richy missed a sitter
Southampton - the penalty that never was
Everton - screamer after some weka play from us
beyond that?
Have I missed any?
I know we have scored a lot of late goals
Winner against Bournemouth away comes to mind
Equaliser vs Chelsea away

What last minute ones have we conceded

pool - scored by a player who should have been sent off
Bournemouth - fair goal for them, just after richy missed a sitter
Southampton - the penalty that never was
Everton - screamer after some weka play from us
beyond that?
Have I missed any?
I know we have scored a lot of late goals
Winner against Bournemouth away comes to mind
Equaliser vs Chelsea away

Wolves, Leicester (sort of), Emirates Marketing Project, Eintract. Sporting, Fulham (sort of)...

We certainly used to score late goals ourselves, e.g. Leeds, Marseille

Watched the Scum-Chelsea game today. If there's a team where the players don't care (bar Kante) and aren't even playing for pride it's Chelsea. Contrast that to our performances against United and Pool. Yet people say Chelsea are winners and it's our players that have a poor mentality. Weird...

What free kick is that C Klopp supposed to have been angry about? The BBC keep saying the free kick that led to our equalizer but wasn’t that when Milner went straight through the back of Kane? How could Klopp possibly be tinkled about that and how are the press letting him get away with stuff like that without questioning him?

i really hope Mason sets the record straight in his next presser.

Just before we were given that free kick, we were given another for a foul by Salah on Davies. Davies was definitely pulling his shirt but then copped an elbow to his mouth that left him like this:

IMG_0029.jpeg

If it makes you feel better*
I watched the last 10 minutes of Brighton v United and Brighton were pelting the Utd goal until Shaw gave away a really stupid penalty in the last second, losing the game.

So it is not only *sexy* or *Moura-y* but also *Man Unitedy*

If it makes you feel better*
I watched the last 10 minutes of Brighton v United and Brighton were pelting the Utd goal until Shaw gave away a really stupid penalty in the last second, losing the game.

So it is not only *sexy* or *Moura-y* but also *Man Unitedy*

Unfortunately in the game after Liverpool got another dodgy decision

Unfortunately in the game after Liverpool got another dodgy decision
Add to that the dodgy goal that was allowed after a clear Trent handball a couple of weeks ago and we have quite a burgeoning portfolio of free points being tossed their way. Still, Klopp will continue to whine about refs having it in for them

I think it is worth reiterating that overall, we should view this game in a positive light. We can see clear mistakes leading to all goals. In Porro and Romero's cases these will be both coached out and helped by better defensive partners. As for their winner, one man responsible and he is going. Had he not been on the pitch, the ball bounces out of play (milo pointed that out). We should focus on how Porro and Romero both bounced back to have fine performances, and that we drew back to level.

Back