• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs teams comparison.

I saw a lot more of Eriksen hence my opinion - Madder's goal return is marginally better across their careers per game. Good debate!

Yeah we obviously seen a lot more of Eriksen in a Spurs shirt, but if the question is relating to that then the team picks itself really - seen a lot of Maddison elsewhere and was one of the reasons i was so keen on us signing him, been the best attacking midfielder (not named DeBruyne) in the league these past few seasons and is going to step up further at Tottenham if the opening 10 games or so are anything to go by - he's the complete package.

For Redknapp I would go

Friedel
Corluka Dawson King Ekotto
Lennon Modric Parker Bale
VDV
Ade

Kaboul never really fulfilled his promise (only played 1/3 of the number of games as Daws), while Walker only started coming through during Redknapp's last season and didn't become world-class till Poch's era.
You're right, I actually meant to put Corluka in there. No idea why I wrote Walker. 😅

If we're talking about the "best" versions of themselves:

---------- Kane ----------
Son --- Eriksen --- Bale
--- Dembele -- Modric ---
Rose - King - Vert - Walker
---------- Lloris ----------

This would've arguably been the best XI ever fielded on a football pitch, and Kane would bag 200 goals a season. I have omitted Lennon for his inability to work effectively with Walker (or rather vice versa).

If we're talking about the "best" versions of themselves:

---------- Kane ----------
Son --- Eriksen --- Bale
--- Dembele -- Modric ---
Rose - King - Vert - Walker
---------- Lloris ----------

This would've arguably been the best XI ever fielded on a football pitch, and Kane would bag 200 goals a season. I have omitted Lennon for his inability to work effectively with Walker (or rather vice versa).
Best XI ever fielded? Hell bloody no. I've seen better real teams than this. Barca 09-11 in particular. Milan 94 and Brazil 02 all spring to mind.

Dembele really does have his fanboys, great player but brick end product, Bentancur is a better player (*ducks* at the inevitable abuse incoming)

Kane, Son, Bale, Modric, Walker, Lloris pick themselves every time

Rose for a period was great fit for Poch, in an Ange side I'd be tempted to put someone else, as I said for me, Bentancur over Dembele next to Modric.

Maddison vs. Eriksen is an interesting one, Maddison has more bite than Eriksen, again like Rose, this comes down to the manager choice, for Ange I think Maddison is a better fit.

On page 1 multiple posters had him in their Arry team.

That's just in reference to what the most often used XI was as a starting point for the comparison, no?

Edit : Although Dawson must have been around that time as well - so should it should be King & Dawson tbf

Dembele really does have his fanboys, great player but brick end product, Bentancur is a better player (*ducks* at the inevitable abuse incoming)

Rose for a period was great fit for Poch, in an Ange side I'd be tempted to put someone else, as I said for me, Bentancur over Dembele next to Modric.

Maddison vs. Eriksen is an interesting one, Maddison has more bite than Eriksen, again like Rose, this comes down to the manager choice, for Ange I think Maddison is a better fit.

I think this makes you the number one Bentancur fanboy!

Nothing to be ashamed of. But for me Dembele is already on the team sheet even before you get to Modric or Bale. He was consistently brilliant over a long time in the best spell for the club in 50 years.

Last edited:
Maybe. I would have Dawson over Kaboul personally.
I think it might just be the case of timelines getting mixed up and/or players forgotten?

Who were Redknapp’s CB’s, King, Dawson, Woodgate, Bassong, Kaboul, Gallas?

Don’t think Redknapp ever got a fit Woodgate though? Dawson at the end of his career with us so past his best. Bassong, nah. Kaboul sometimes promising…. But I’d probably say Gallas was Redknapp’s next best CB after King?

I think it might just be the case of timelines getting mixed up and/or players forgotten?

Don’t think Redknapp ever got a fit Woodgate though? Dawson at the end of his career with us so past his best. Bassong, nah. Kaboul sometimes promising…. But I’d probably say Gallas was Redknapp’s next best CB after King?

Can’t disagree with that. On talent alone it would have to be Woodgate and King but on performances I’d agree Gallas and King.

2011-2012 was Redknapp's best season and best team and Kaboul was the starting CB over Dawson. 33 starts Vs 7. Dawson may well have been injured that year (I don't quite remember) but the fact remains, the best Harry season had Kaboul at CB not Dawson.

Edit. Re your question I didn't rate Gallas (clown) or Dawson and Woodgate rarely played. I don't think you can really argue against Kaboul's merits in his second spell here under Harry.

2011-2012 was Redknapp's best season and best team and Kaboul was the starting CB over Dawson. 33 starts Vs 7. Dawson may well have been injured that year (I don't quite remember) but the fact remains, the best Harry season had Kaboul at CB not Dawson.

Edit. Re your question I didn't rate Gallas (clown) or Dawson and Woodgate rarely played. I don't think you can really argue against Kaboul's merits in his second spell here under Harry.
Like I say in the post you quoted, Dawson was past his best under Harry.

Re Kaboul, he showed promise, I thought he was alright. Re Gallas though, I remember not wanting us to sign him but being pleasantly surprised how good he was for us.

I think this makes you the number one Bentancur fanboy!

Nothing to be ashamed of. But for me Dembele is already on the team sheet even before you get to Modric or Bale. He was consistently brilliant over a long time in the best spell for the club in 50 years.

Maybe .. I just think people massively underestimate Bentancur. He was the only midfielder that could make a 2 man midfield work in the PL (Conte's dinosaur brick).

But if you think he's on the teamsheet before Modric ... you might have your own fan club there

I may have misunderstood, I picked an all-time best XI regardless of period and manager - and at their best. There are a lot of midfielders I would pick ahead of 2019 Eriksen. Interesting nonetheless, but I simply cannot agree about Bentancur vs Dembele (at least not yet).

Best XI ever fielded? Hell bloody no. I've seen better real teams than this. Barca 09-11 in particular. Milan 94 and Brazil 02 all spring to mind.
Barca 2010 - may agree. Milan 1994 - may agree (due to endless hours of CM Italia 94-95). Brazil 2002 - do not agree. Hell bloody no as in MUCH better? Do not agree.

Maybe .. I just think people massively underestimate Bentancur. He was the only midfielder that could make a 2 man midfield work in the PL (Conte's dinosaur brick).

But if you think he's on the teamsheet before Modric ... you might have your own fan club there

Yeah maybe. Because he provided the best performance in a Spurs shirt I have ever seen - at Wembley when he dominated Arsenal.

Modric left under a cloud so I would consider picking Bentancur ahead of him quite honestly.

Back