• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs spacegoat

Jenas definitely is the most obvious name. Yes he was frustrating because there looked like a real player in there somewhere which we didn't see often enough. However, if you looked at the flip side he rarely made a huge mistake to cost us a goal and he always played blinders against the scum in another player/time of age he would have been a legend

On the flip side was a player like Huddlestone who made some costly errors and always seemed to play poor against our rivals yet he was always well liked

As for this season I am sure it will be Rose as so many have already deemed him not good enough and their mind is made up so every little mistake will be magnified.

Also Soldado or Ade if they are missing chances. Some have mentioned Soldado but I actually think the stick he has received has been totally justified. We broke our transfer fee for him as a proven commodity and he was woeful for pretty much his whole first season. Fair or not he did not perform and deserved it.

Jenas definitely is the most obvious name. Yes he was frustrating because there looked like a real player in there somewhere which we didn't see often enough. However, if you looked at the flip side he rarely made a huge mistake to cost us a goal and he always played blinders against the scum in another player/time of age he would have been a legend

On the flip side was a player like Huddlestone who made some costly errors and always seemed to play poor against our rivals yet he was always well liked

As for this season I am sure it will be Rose as so many have already deemed him not good enough and their mind is made up so every little mistake will be magnified.

Also Soldado or Ade if they are missing chances. Some have mentioned Soldado but I actually think the stick he has received has been totally justified. We broke our transfer fee for him as a proven commodity and he was woeful for pretty much his whole first season. Fair or not he did not perform and deserved it.
Chadli is going to continue to get a hard time from many. I could see a second season turn against Bentaleb too. We often turn on young players when their progress is not linear and constant.

Chadli is going to continue to get a hard time from many. I could see a second season turn against Bentaleb too. We often turn on young players when their progress is not linear and constant.

Good call on Chadli saw a lot of that last season

If Rose wins the starting position. Which based on his pre-season form i think will happen, then it will be him.

We often turn on young players when their progress is not linear and constant.

So, could Davies be a possibility then? He arrived amid fanfare, yet he hasn't shown or proven anything here yet. He is/was supposed to be the answer to our prayers at LB. But what if he can't beat out Rose? (In Poch we trust). And we all know what many think/thought of Rose.

Last edited:
So could Davies be a possibility then? He arrived amid fanfare, yet he's done nothing for us yet. He is/was supposed to be the answer to our prayers at LB. But what if he can't beat out Rose? And we all know what many think/thought of Rose.
I think that it's often second season syndrome with us. Walker had a lot of detractors during his second season. Townsend is a possible.

I'm short of ideas. Can we still blame Sherwood?

Well, you could. But I'd like to think some have moved on from that absolute disaster of a 5-6 month caretaker stint, along with the disgraceful 6th place finish, which has surely set the club back centuries. So yeah, we're looking for a new spacegoat, we aint happy about it, and uneasy lies the crown. :)

Chris Hughton (clipboard Chris) with all the "what does he do" comments and that he was a useless coach. Maybe people didnt want to just blame Jol or we just got sick of firing managers but he got a lot of slack and has since proved he is at least a decent manager.

Parker - I think he had some immense games for us and was an important part of the team. Even when he was not at his best, he still gave 100% which to be fair is all you can demand as a fan.

Rose isn't a spacegoat, he is responsible for a large proportion of the goals conceded so the criticism is entirely justified.

Scott Parker - Used to get blamed alot, had a spell where he was justly spacegoated but on the whole I feel he did quite well for us.

Don't think Parker was ever a spacegoat; it's was just Scara and his groupies that had it in for him before he even signed, maybe because he was a threat to their beloved Sandro...

Back