• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Do you think they'll be a decent home friendly after this tour?

They usually end with one or two at home I think. Gone are the days of travelling around playing teams like Stevenage, Walsall etc. These days it's all about the big overseas trips and competitions, which is great for me as I get to travel to Bangkok and Singapore to watch Spurs, but I wish it wasn't every year.

Can see why Spurs do it though. The Singapore match set me back £60 - for the cheapest seats! £120 for the "Spurs end"...for a fudging pre-season friendly. The promoters of these tours take the absolute tinkle. I'm the mug for paying it I guess.

They usually end with one or two at home I think. Gone are the days of travelling around playing teams like Stevenage, Walsall etc. These days it's all about the big overseas trips and competitions, which is great for me as I get to travel to Bangkok and Singapore to watch Spurs, but I wish it wasn't every year.

Can see why Spurs do it though. The Singapore match set me back £60 - for the cheapest seats! £120 for the "Spurs end"...for a fudging pre-season friendly. The promoters of these tours take the absolute tinkle. I'm the mug for paying it I guess.

Whats the general football offering like where you are? Food/drink/prices etc?

Whats the general football offering like where you are? Food/drink/prices etc?

I'm a season ticket holder at my local team, Cerezo Osaka. That was ¥72000 (~£420) for 19 league games and 3 cup games. Food options are vast; there are all sorts of food trucks around the ground selling things like fried chicken, fried noodles and all sorts of other things. Prices are around ¥700. Beer is available from the concourse area or there are also these girls walking around. Beer is sold right up until full-time, currently ¥750 for just smaller than a pint I guess?

The best thing of all, though, is "mochikomi" - bring your own food and drink into the ground. I brick you not, load up on ¥200 beers at the supermarket and you can enjoy them during the game. The only catch is that you have to put them in a cup on your way in, so you're limited to what you can carry / what you can stand getting warm (football is played Spring - Autumn). But it is super easy to get around, just put a couple of cans and an ice pack at the bottom of your bag, cover it with a jumper and the high school students doing bag checks at the gate just wave you in.

A J.League match is a great day out and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Japan.

I'm a season ticket holder at my local team, Cerezo Osaka. That was ¥72000 (~£420) for 19 league games and 3 cup games. Food options are vast; there are all sorts of food trucks around the ground selling things like fried chicken, fried noodles and all sorts of other things. Prices are around ¥700. Beer is available from the concourse area or there are also these girls walking around. Beer is sold right up until full-time, currently ¥750 for just smaller than a pint I guess?

The best thing of all, though, is "mochikomi" - bring your own food and drink into the ground. I brick you not, load up on ¥200 beers at the supermarket and you can enjoy them during the game. The only catch is that you have to put them in a cup on your way in, so you're limited to what you can carry / what you can stand getting warm (football is played Spring - Autumn). But it is super easy to get around, just put a couple of cans and an ice pack at the bottom of your bag, cover it with a jumper and the high school students doing bag checks at the gate just wave you in.

A J.League match is a great day out and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Japan.

Nice one, sounds like the Cricket haha.

Went to PSV once to watch them to against Hereclus or something, was just after we played them in the Cup few of us popped over on a Sunday for a laugh. We ended up getting a ticket with came with drink and food voucher and a shirt, I got a Farfan number. Was decent, was only about £100 or something. I think the whole drinking whilst watching the game culture abroad makes a difference in a good way

Back