• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Sporting Clube de Portugal v Tottenham Hotspur FC ****

And with it they've got the lowest overdose rate in Europe. Progressive country.
and a lot of happy people
Imagine if it was legalized over here, the quality would always be good, with safe areas to buy and consume, the Govt would make a bomb out of taxation, the hood rat gangs would be gone

I feel like Son will end up starting tonight. The postponement of last weekend's games means Conte will pick his strongest team, then Leicester, then international break... that's how I read into Conte's comments anyway.

edit: Just seen the lineups have been announced... oops!

I feel like Son will end up starting tonight. The postponement of last weekend's games means Conte will pick his strongest team, then Leicester, then international break... that's how I read into Conte's comments anyway.

edit: Just seen the lineups have been announced... oops!
He is

It may be that Conte feels dropping Son wont help either the player or the team in the long run, the sooner he scores a goal will boost everyone.

Imagine if it was legalized over here, the quality would always be good, with safe areas to buy and consume, the Govt would make a bomb out of taxation, the hood rat gangs would be gone

Might have lost the thread of the discussion a bit, but if you’re talking about guinea pigs sold for consumption then agree completely.

Seems really unfair. Son should be out IMO and I've stood by him up to now. I guess Conte reckons he can play him into form and he knows what makes these boys tick better than me.

Frightening lack of rotation though for a squad that was strengthened in the summer.

Hopefully it's to get us two quick wins in succession before the international break and then hopefully be all set for the NLD when football returns.

I certainly don't want to hear any moaning from the manager about lacking any options or about how tight our fixture schedule is if results don't go our way...

It may be that Conte feels dropping Son wont help either the player or the team in the long run, the sooner he scores a goal will boost everyone.
IMO, there is a risk that this ends up being more detrimental than beneficial if Son continues to misfire. I personally don't care if he scores/assists at this point, I still think he can have a good game if he just gets the basics right. The pressure will only increase but we all know he will score again so in Son's own mind, I hope he's relaxed and focused on the team performance (a bit like against OM).
If he continues to not play well though, I think it might affect his psyche even more negatively than if he were on the bench. I love Son but I love Spurs more.

Seems really unfair. Son should be out IMO and I've stood by him up to now. I guess Conte reckons he can play him into form and he knows what makes these boys tick better than me.

Frightening lack of rotation though for a squad that was strengthened in the summer.
I said this a while ago though, our attacking options haven’t been strengthened that much. We have Richarlison to come in, but beyond that? Massive drop in quality again.

The reason Son could be starting is that Conte wants to have a game changer on the bench if things aren’t going well. He can’t not start Richarlison, and obviously Kane starts which means it’s Son or Kulu and the way Son has been playing he is certainly not a game changer, in a good way anyway….

Eurgh, Son and Royal again!

Think it’s in Royal’s contract that he starts every single game.

Don’t get why Son is starting again, and I’ve defended him for years. Even for rotation reasons, it makes no sense for Son and Royal to have started every single game.

Interesting: when do you play a player underperforming constantly until he scores (especially when there are alternatives) and when do you simply drop them if they aren't even doing the basics of ball control etc?

In the past if there were alternatives, surely said player is dropped?

Would be interested in comparing past situations and also having a look from a team/squad management point of view (i.e. keeping squad happy and the meritocracy going)

I said this a while ago though, our attacking options haven’t been strengthened that much. We have Richarlison to come in, but beyond that? Massive drop in quality again.

The reason Son could be starting is that Conte wants to have a game changer on the bench if things aren’t going well. He can’t not start Richarlison, and obviously Kane starts which means it’s Son or Kulu and the way Son has been playing he is certainly not a game changer, in a good way anyway….

Hmm, that's a very fair and good point actually

and a lot of happy people

Germany are legalizing, biggest economy in Europe, I'm sure the rest of us will follow suit once we see the cash flowing in. :)

Back