• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Well, I'm from Asia myself.;)
If you are as obsessed with history as me, you should look at the track records of Asian players in Europe over the years.

You still have not answered the question. What is the evidence that can substantial your claim that Asian players lack mental strength other than your own personal belief?

If anything, Asian players like Kagawa and Son probably have to endure racist behavior like yours and doubters like you every single day while playing in Europe. This should show that they have the mental fortitude, resolution, and determination to do whatever it takes to succeed in Europe.

This is another Pochettino signing that I am not convinced or excited about. Surely, paying 22m for an Asian player is a pure marketing stunt than an attempt to improve the team. This will get us more fans in Asia but not sure it will lift the team.

Asian players have a very poor record in English Premier League. Regardless of their rich talents, Asian players are lacking in physical or mental strength to make a huge impact in the European leagues. They have done decently when they are part of a team with big stars like Park Ji Sung at ManU but have struggled when they are big stars in teams lacking quality.

We have done the same mistake we did with Soldado and Lamela, that is paying way too much than deserved. The huge transfer fee alone will be a big burden on Son, having to prove his worth. Son will be under huge pressure to perform because :
1) He is now the most expensive Asian player in history
2) He will be the most expensive current Spurs player (if Lamela leaves)

Anyway, good luck to Son. It is a big gamble by Pochettino and Levy. But hope he will lift the team.

fudging hell I don't know where to even start. What an absolute load of brick.

Let's do a find and replace on Asian for black and see if you're still comfortable saying it.

I'm excited about this signing.

We do need to shift a couple of squad players though. He's not an out an out striker. Only Harry Kane can fill that role!

Oh boy. Some people really have no awareness of how they come across with the things they say.... Embarrassing posts from Spurs7891 on so many levels - racial generalisations, masking correlation as causation, predicting the future, reading minds and being just utterly wrong and Illformed.

Absolutely cringed my way through reading it.

We have an ITK on this site who has told the admins about every incoming and outgoing transfer this summer, weeks in advance. Sadly, they do not want anyone to know who they are and don't want the rumours publicised in case it scuppers the deal. It a shame really.

We have an ITK on this site who has told the admins about every incoming and outgoing transfer this summer, weeks in advance. Sadly, they do not want anyone to know who they are and don't want the rumours publicised in case it scuppers the deal. It a shame really.

Thanks for sticking to the deal.

Well-known German football expert Raphael Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning how the signing of Son Heung-min is going to help Tottenham Hotspur off the pitch.

The South Korea international attacker joined Spurs from German club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday, subject to work permit and international clearance.

Son is a highly-rated player who can play as a winger or as a forward, and Honigstein has highlighted how important he could be for Tottenham commercially.

“i don’t think necessarily that he is the one player who will take Spurs to the next level, but what he does bring is huge commentarial value off the pitch," Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning.

“Leverkusen have 300 South Koreans at every single game, they have a South Korean shirt sponsor - I don’t think that is a coincidence - and the guy is a superstar in his home country and throughout Asia.

“They might not actually get their money’s worth so much on the pitch, but he will certainly bring in a lot of income for Spurs.”

Honigstein’s comments will be music to Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s ears, as he will know that there will be money coming in over the next few years.

Tottenham are a big club, but there is still room for them to expand and appeal to more football fans around the world.

Asia is a huge market for football, and over the years the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Real Madrid have found a huge following there.

Signing Son does not necessarily mean that Spurs will have loads of fans in South Korea overnight, but there will certainly be more interest in the North London outfit because of him.

I like him. His shooting is fantastic with both feet. I actually think he doesn't even think about which foot he uses.
He's equally good with both. Makes it hard for defenders, because it doesn't matter which way they force him to go.

Well-known German football expert Raphael Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning how the signing of Son Heung-min is going to help Tottenham Hotspur off the pitch.

The South Korea international attacker joined Spurs from German club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday, subject to work permit and international clearance.

Son is a highly-rated player who can play as a winger or as a forward, and Honigstein has highlighted how important he could be for Tottenham commercially.

“i don’t think necessarily that he is the one player who will take Spurs to the next level, but what he does bring is huge commentarial value off the pitch," Honigstein explained on the ESPN FC show on BT Sport 1 on Friday morning.

“Leverkusen have 300 South Koreans at every single game, they have a South Korean shirt sponsor - I don’t think that is a coincidence - and the guy is a superstar in his home country and throughout Asia.

“They might not actually get their money’s worth so much on the pitch, but he will certainly bring in a lot of income for Spurs.”

Honigstein’s comments will be music to Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy’s ears, as he will know that there will be money coming in over the next few years.

Tottenham are a big club, but there is still room for them to expand and appeal to more football fans around the world.

Asia is a huge market for football, and over the years the likes of Manchester United, Ar5ena1 and Real Madrid have found a huge following there.

Signing Son does not necessarily mean that Spurs will have loads of fans in South Korea overnight, but there will certainly be more interest in the North London outfit because of him.

Perhaps we're getting S.Korean stadium sponsors and this is part of the plan... probably not...

Asia is a huge market for football, and over the years the likes of Manchester United, Ar5ena1 and Real Madrid have found a huge following there.

Honigstein was on Second Captains Podcast on thursday talking about Son briefly

around 49 minutes in

"With Son they'd be quite happy to sell him. He wasnt really playing very well recently. 30 million euros is a lot of money for somebody who hasnt quite been the star they expected him to be. He's very commercially viable. There's about 300 South Koreans who turn up at every Leverkusen game. The Sponsor is Korean as well. They might not stick around if he's gone"

Last edited:

It's why we don't get pestered for donations like on other sites though. Scara is straight down the bookies with the info!

apologies if this has already been covered but i'm on the fence on this signing, the PL is a very physical league, Korean/Japanese players haven't really shone on these shores, a strike rate of 1 in 4 is acceptable but not that impressive considering the bundesliga is one of the highest scoring leagues in europe.

Back