• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

apologies if this has already been covered but i'm on the fence on this signing, the PL is a very physical league, Korean/Japanese players haven't really shone on these shores, a strike rate of 1 in 4 is acceptable but not that impressive considering the bundesliga is one of the highest scoring leagues in europe.

Germany has probably the closest league to PL re physicality and pace.

No one really knows what this guy will do for us, but the Korean/Asian/foreigner comments are just reaching ...

So how to people feel this will play out in terms of our three behind Kane?

LW: Chadli or Pritchard
Central: Eriksen or Mason
RW: Son or Njie

Then sell Lennon, Lamela and perhaps Townsend

Obviously some flexibility in that as well.

So how to people feel this will play out in terms of our three behind Kane?

LW: Chadli or Pritchard
Central: Eriksen or Mason
RW: Son or Njie

Then sell Lennon, Lamela and perhaps Townsend

Obviously some flexibility in that as well.

I think with Dembele's injury we will see them sooner than would otherwise have happened. We do need the pace of NJie or Son though.

Dembele is a player without a position. I dont see where he fits in to our formation

I think that is fair and probably the conundrum that Poch is thinking. What he does offer is strength, and the ability to retain the ball. It's very hard to get the ball off him and as a result he sometimes has two of the opposition on him. He's a recycler of possession. I think his current position is the right place for the time being but there was one point today where I wanted to see him shoot and instead he passed to a player in a worse position. I would like for him to commit his opposite number more, but that is something that I want to see all our players doing. If our opposition are going to play with numbers behind the ball, you have to drag one of them out and take them out of the game with your pass, rather than back off and try and pass through your opposite number.

It's raining again.
A crack in the clouds reveals blue skies.
I've been feeling so low(low),
But now everything is on my side,
The Son and the Kane.
Walk with me in White Hart Lane.

I think that is fair and probably the conundrum that Poch is thinking. What he does offer is strength, and the ability to retain the ball. It's very hard to get the ball off him and as a result he sometimes has two of the opposition on him.
It's often pretty difficult for his teammates to get the ball from him too.

Dembele is a player without a position. I dont see where he fits in to our formation
For me Dembeles role in ANY position is to draw players to himself and to open up spaces . I see that happen all the time.

When he does pass, the smarter players would play into the space he just created, not sideways or backwards. I would love playing alongside Dembele.

As a coach I'd instruct two players to support him left and right to wait for the break. Unfortunately I don't see our players asked to nor do players take the initiative to. but I'd bet a hazard, silva, and willian, how just love to bamboozle players in midfield as a start of an attack.

another signing where Poch is not pictured welcoming the player to the club

Poch is only pictured with young players signing new contracts

very odd

Do you really think it means anything? They are just promo shots and I am sure that whether Poch is in the picture or not depends on his other commitments.

i think its club policy, very deliberate. Ive no idea why, but it happens with every transfer and im just saying its odd because at most other clubs it not like this

i think its club policy, very deliberate. Ive no idea why, but it happens with every transfer and im just saying its odd because at most other clubs it not like this

But he's there for every new contract being signed and it's not like his signature is needed.

Honigstein was on Second Captains Podcast on thursday talking about Son briefly

around 49 minutes in

"With Son they'd be quite happy to sell him. He wasnt really playing very well recently. 30 million euros is a lot of money for somebody who hasnt quite been the star they expected him to be. He's very commercially viable. There's about 300 South Koreans who turn up at every Leverkusen game. The Sponsor is Korean as well. They might not stick around if he's gone"

This does not sound to promising at all and after reading the article above this feels a bit like a player brought for commercial reasons.

I pray that's not the case and shows different but I'm worried about Kane leading the line on his own all season

This does not sound to promising at all and after reading the article above this feels a bit like a player brought for commercial reasons.

I pray that's not the case and shows different but I'm worried about Kane leading the line on his own all season

He's scored ten goals or more in the last four seasons

Back