• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I just love the look of our squad, right now and simply could not understand why people were losing their s-h-i-t about our lack of depth.
I had to laugh as Walker caught up with Lamela and raced past him. Reminded me of Forest Gump! Run Forest! RUN!

I thought that was a superb assist

Defending is a lost art as we expect full backs to be wingers and centre backs to be Hoddle now.. It can only lead to prettier football and certainly more goals, but it isn't the "best" football as demonstrated by lesser teams winning the league like Leicester and Atletico (there still a great side) and its what Juve have a base to dominate their league

I still remember the utter pain of watch the 'one nil to the Arsenal' and those painful years of watching Liverpool away from home in europe for me that was like watching the death of football.

I prefer todays slightly flakier defending.........

Also the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker - no contact at all leads to penalty means the death of tackling. Think the change in the rules to no contact has the most to do with the decline in defending.

I still remember the utter pain of watch the 'one nil to the Arsenal' and those painful years of watching Liverpool away from home in europe for me that was like watching the death of football.

I prefer todays slightly flakier defending.........

Its a fine line between being boring and being solid.

We play a very solid system but we do concede goals. I wouldn't be confident on us holding out for 1 nils constantly like they did but I would certainly be confident of us scoring more than the opposition can score against us

Also the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker - no contact at all leads to penalty means the death of tackling. Think the change in the rules to no contact has the most to do with the decline in defending.

The 'no contact' game will be the day people stop watching IMHO. We need contact and when it 'is' a foul the ref's eyesight must be good enough to pick it up!
If I had been Cahill I would have gone ballistic (and probably got sent off) but I'd still be ticking today......

The 'no contact' game will be the day people stop watching IMHO. We need contact and when it 'is' a foul the ref's eyesight must be good enough to pick it up!
If I had been Cahill I would have gone ballistic (and probably got sent off) but I'd still be ticking today......

I've been watching some superb tackling from the 1990s recently. One in the 1995 6th round match where Colin Calderwood cuts Mark Walters in half, but because he got 'something of the ball', nothing was given. Much better times.

I've been watching some superb tackling from the 1990s recently. One in the 1995 6th round match where Colin Calderwood cuts Mark Walters in half, but because he got 'something of the ball', nothing was given. Much better times.

Jan Vertonghen is a superb tackler within the current rules (and interpretation of said rules).

I much prefer that to the "try to get someone injured times". I think the different interpretation is directly responsible for me enjoying many more years of players like Pirlo at a club and international level. Back in the "cut someone in half and it's fine" days Pirlo would have gotten clattered so much and so brutally he probably would have had to retire at the same age as Marco van Basten.

Deservedly MotM today. Okay so it was 'only' Sunderland but I'm struggling to remember the last time I watched a Tottenham wide player so often turn the oppo inside out and then top it off by creating so many chances. Just a shame his shooting accuracy was not quite there. His corners first half were very decent but then turned a bit Eriksen-like after the break.

Without support on the wing, Son beat his man an almost every opportunity.

I know we only signed 3 outfield players, but we have a lot of players settling in still. So happy we kept Son, he has a very decent shot on him, which we need! He's one of the more clinical finishers in the side.

Maybe he just isn't settling in the UK, but hopefully with some more decent display's his mindset will improve and he will find things easier outside of football.

I thought he was good today, very suprised with his set-piece delivery. I did not know that he had that in him.

It was said his foot condition would effect him for 9-12 months. I think we need to see fit Son before deciding on him.

You and I have disagreed on many things, but not with Son. Like you I have always felt he would prove himself once fully recovered from his injury from season.

No, Plantar Fasciitis only lasts 6-9 months. He should be clear of it now.

Looks like he is now

It was said his foot condition would effect him for 9-12 months. I think we need to see fit Son before deciding on him.

Looking good

And when he has an injury and takes a year to settle, you'd flog him next season and try the next moneyball name?

Or we could have patience and see the fruits when players settle and receiving a full induction to our system, like with Lamela

ain't that the truth

The Son ain't gonna shine anymore
The Min ain't gonna rise in the sky

The son was out today

If Son told Poch that then he will be the one with the problem. So far I have not seen enough from him to suggest that he deserves a starting place. He certainly has scored some vital goals and adds pace and energy when he plays, but he is not starting material as of now.

How about now?

Son is a star.

If he has fully recovered from his injury, he will be a big player for us this season. He is a big personality and well liked in the dressing room. We need more characters like this to help our young team. Son came up with some key goals and assists last year. He is better by far than many of the alternatives mooted.

He has awesome pace and skill and I was surprised that so many people were ready to give up on him after a season hit by injuries

I think Son deserves to start against Watford on Saturday

giphy.gif

Back