• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Still think he's overused by club and country

definitely plays too much international football, and yes, we don't rest him enough, its tricky with the current injury situation, but he played a lot last season when we had good options and he was neither fit nor in form

Just seen his interview post-game and he's blamed the loss on conceding from a set piece, rather than our forwards missing so many chances, don't like that from a captain either.. Take responsibility man.

definitely plays too much international football, and yes, we don't rest him enough, its tricky with the current injury situation, but he played a lot last season when we had good options and he was neither fit nor in form

It's only this season he plays 90 minutes every game, usually Kane was left on and he was taken off when we made an attacking sub.

Problem is he's always been quite a streaky player, goes through a few games of unreal form then disappears for a few games.

He was playing against a high line and it has to be said that it worked against us. The real shame was once Bentancur got injured and was replaced with PEH, we just weren't the same team. The commentators picked up on it right away on my feed, as PEH is too comfortable laying off a back pass than turning and passing forwards. He did have some good passes forward, but Bentancur was causing a lot of problems with his balls over their back line.

I think some people are turning on Son pretty quickly as he's having a really great season so far, but it is true that he goes through streaks at times. We know what we get with him, I just wish our support for him wasn't so streaky.

He was playing against a high line and it has to be said that it worked against us. The real shame was once Bentancur got injured and was replaced with PEH, we just weren't the same team. The commentators picked up on it right away on my feed, as PEH is too comfortable laying off a back pass than turning and passing forwards. He did have some good passes forward, but Bentancur was causing a lot of problems with his balls over their back line.

I think some people are turning on Son pretty quickly as he's having a really great season so far, but it is true that he goes through streaks at times. We know what we get with him, I just wish our support for him wasn't so streaky.
Son looked like he was not fully fit. His pressing and runs appeared, to me, to be less intense than before the international break. South Korea flog him when he okays for them.

I get he is Koreas captain, but he needs to take a step back if he's not fully fit

He needs to take ownership of his injuries, he didn't need to play against Singapore did he?

Rest up

I agree Jürgen is probably giving him too many minutes BUT are we forgetting the schedule at Spurs this season is hardly taxing.

Furthermore...He's started the 13 PL games but been subbed in 7 with an approx average saving of 20 min game time.

This, he's scored 3 times in last two internationals and he buried 3 offside goals

It's just unfortunate his onside chance 1:1 he didn't take.

Zero chance Villa take anything out of that game if Bentancur wasn't wiped out.

Son has always been a steaky player ( imo) when he is firing he is top class but he also can dissapear during some games. He is what he is and as he gets older it will probably show more.

Anyone who thinks Son has lost his pace should watch that first goal, Doku is quick, Son absolutely smoked him.

Goal & Assist, he's becoming a bit like Kane that it's expected ...

Think he now has 50 home goals, 50 away goals & 50 assists in the PL ..
I was thinking exactly that as I watched the highlights. One of Sonny's strengths has always been that his two-footedness enables him to be almost as quick with the ball as he is without it.

Anyone who thinks Son has lost his pace should watch that first goal, Doku is quick, Son absolutely smoked him.

Goal & Assist, he's becoming a bit like Kane that it's expected ...

Think he now has 50 home goals, 50 away goals & 50 assists in the PL ..

Wasn’t about pace imo, was about the way they were facing, he had no fudging clue what he was doing, 65m Euros for a player who doesn’t know how to play football and put it out of play.

Some harsh words (for Sonny). Seems very frustrated, understandably. Really hope his knock isn’t too bad.
Good on him. You can sense that he’s steaming. There is one point I slightly disagree with him and most of the analysis of us. For sure, we could score more and be more ruthless.

The bigger problem for me is at the back. We’re conceding more than 2 goals a game. You can’t rely on scoring 3 to win a game. In all 5 games recently, we’ve scored enough goals to win games and put ourselves in positions to win games and we’ve been, as Sonny said, too soft. Whether that’s all down to absentees remains to be seen but conceding like we are isn’t sustainable.

Back