• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

This should have been a yellow for both players, Son for mildly giving it back to rudiger following the needless distasteful foul and then rudiger for his pathetic reaction which was designed to get Son sent off.

An interesting game from this rudiger chap, firstly trying to initiate a red card reaction from Kane by putting his head into his face, smashing Son on the floor in the hope of prompting a red card reaction, then feigning serious injury in a pathetic disgraceful way and then we have the yet to be proved alleged blatant racist abuse that he claims he was subjected to, making such claims in an extremely visible way to the whole World.

One to watch this guy, thats for sure.

This should have been a yellow for both players, Son for mildly giving it back to rudiger following the needless distasteful foul and then rudiger for his pathetic reaction which was designed to get Son sent off.

An interesting game from this rudiger chap, firstly trying to initiate a red card reaction from Kane by putting his head into his face, smashing Son on the floor in the hope of prompting a red card reaction, then feigning serious injury in a pathetic disgraceful way and then we have the yet to be proved alleged blatant racist abuse that he claims he was subjected to, making such claims in an extremely visible way to the whole World.

Think you're a bit harsh there. He did participate in a bit of brickhousery but we have lads who do that too (Jan, Dele and Lamela). Every club has them. I don't for a second think he made up the racism stuff. I've always felt there is a good chance he misconstrued something but I think it's underestimating the seriousness of the issue to think he'd make it up.

I also thought Rudiger was outstanding. The service was crap but he absolutely bossed Kane and didn't give him a kick.

He was also getting visibly riled by all the boos before claiming to hear something we've yet to see any evidence for whatsoever. I think he's one that could be very easily got at by the crowd next time.

When Dele and who ever it was that had a to do in the middle of the pitch in the first half, Rudiger pushes his head towards Kanes face and nothing was done.

Exactly! A total lack of consistency. Mourinho was spot spot on in his breakdown of the incident.

Not really any excuse for a player retaliating and then complaining they got a red.

Much better players get much worse and control themselves.

Third time Son has done it in a year.

Needs to grow up

My thoughts as well, i love Son as much as the next man but he kicked out and that is a sending off offense. Not nice seeing some of us trying to defend his actions, of course Rudiger over reacted but that does not in any way condone what Son did.

I’m not convinced about the impartiality of this ruling.

Was there an independent commission looking at this? Seems unlikely with such a quick turnaround. More likely the fa have just said no because it wouldnt be politically correct to overturn it in the face of the rudiger extravagant allegations against our Club.

Hope the Club is all over this and even take legal action if possible.

I’m not convinced about the impartiality of this ruling.

Was there an independent commission looking at this? Seems unlikely with such a quick turnaround. More likely the fa have just said no because it wouldnt be politically correct to overturn it in the face of the rudiger extravagant allegations against our Club.

Hope the Club is all over this and even take legal action if possible.

It wasn’t over turned because it’s a red card.

You can’t kick out at people.

Legal action? For what?

Now we have Lampard saying that Rudiger shouldn’t be questioned by anyone because of what “he dealt with” which no-one has been found to have done as of now?

It wasn’t over turned because it’s a red card.

You can’t kick out at people.

Legal action? For what?

In your opinion its a red card, many people agree with you whilst many people like me think its a yellow card and many others think red card with a one game ban.

Not many people think red card with a three game ban is proportionate, especially with rudigers dusgusting over reaction to the challenge.

Legal action is fair if as I suspect the fa didnt bother putting an independent commission together to rule on the incident.

Given how quickly they have ruled on it, it would seem to me that one of those 80 year old gimps at the fa just said ‘no it stands’ because they couldnt be bothered to rush a commission together before the brighton game and also because they are minded on being pc in light of the rudiger allegations and therefore dont want it overturned.

If my suspicions on the above are correct then the fa should face massive sanctions imo.

come on all, lets face facts. Rudiger did a sly hit on Son, he made it look like his arm was coming down naturally but he balled up a fist to make more of it. Son is known for not re-acting well now to being digged at. He kick was slight, hardly touched Rudiger. But the intention was there to kick out. In the modern game that is a Red.

I do agree though that Rudiger made the foul and should have got a yellow. Players though do not get yellows for over playing contact. It was contact. We have seen worse from players holding their faces when the contact was on their chest. We were playing bad. And son over re-acted. Son now needs to learn to not do this or more players will try it with him.

What I do think though is that the punishment of being sent off in that game. AND also getting a three match ban is over the top. Whilst it is violent conduct it was not throwing a punch or trying to break a leg. 1 game would suffice in this instant. The rules are just to stiff for the modern interpretation of violent conduct etc.

Surely if the VAR team had access to a video clip from this angle they would see from a couple of replays that this has got to be considered violent conduct as well? It's so obvious Rudiger puts extra force when hitton Son with his arm. Or is smashing your arm into an opponent ok in certain situations?

I can't argue with Son's red. It was stupid to get wound up. But this foul should be punished too. Which leaves three options:

1) VAR didn't have access to footage from this angle and didn't see it.

2) VAR saw it, and deemed it ok.

3) VAR had access to footage from this angle, but didn't watch it.

None of which reflects well on VAR. We really need some proper accountability from the VAR team. For every controversial situation, like this one - especially this one, since it actually WAS reviewed - they should make a writtwn statement about whether they reviewed a situation and why they came to the conclusion they did.

The only way, IMO, for VAR in it's current format to work, is for us fans to be able to go online, look up situations like this, and see exactly why the VAR team didn't react. By this, I also mean we need retrospective VAR to look into situations that are brought to light after the game. Someone should be forced to answer my initial question about why this situation wasn't reviewed.

Not really any excuse for a player retaliating and then complaining they got a red.

Much better players get much worse and control themselves.

Third time Son has done it in a year.

Needs to grow up
Needs to learn.
Rudiger did him. It was subtle.
Take it. Get up, give him a wry smile. Do him later; subtle.

Rudiger came out the winner of the dark arts here.

Now we have Lampard saying that Rudiger shouldn’t be questioned by anyone because of what “he dealt with” which no-one has been found to have done as of now?
Any impartial viewing if that incident would have led to a red card. Chelsea are working hard to conflate the two issues (and I suspect Rudiger did at the time) to try and avoid any retrospective action.

Surely if the VAR team had access to a video clip from this angle they would see from a couple of replays that this has got to be considered violent conduct as well? It's so obvious Rudiger puts extra force when hitton Son with his arm. Or is smashing your arm into an opponent ok in certain situations?

I can't argue with Son's red. It was stupid to get wound up. But this foul should be punished too. Which leaves three options:

1) VAR didn't have access to footage from this angle and didn't see it.

2) VAR saw it, and deemed it ok.

3) VAR had access to footage from this angle, but didn't watch it.

None of which reflects well on VAR. We really need some proper accountability from the VAR team. For every controversial situation, like this one - especially this one, since it actually WAS reviewed - they should make a writtwn statement about whether they reviewed a situation and why they came to the conclusion they did.

The only way, IMO, for VAR in it's current format to work, is for us fans to be able to go online, look up situations like this, and see exactly why the VAR team didn't react. By this, I also mean we need retrospective VAR to look into situations that are bought to light after the game. Someone should be forced to answer my initial question about why this situation wasn't reviewed.

That footage doesn’t really prove anything I’m afraid, you can’t tell 100 percent if he punches him as the arm goes in a natural movement.

VAr is for clear and obvious to be over turned which it’s not

In your opinion its a red card, many people agree with you whilst many people like me think its a yellow card and many others think red card with a one game ban.

Not many people think red card with a three game ban is proportionate, especially with rudigers dusgusting over reaction to the challenge.

Legal action is fair if as I suspect the fa didnt bother putting an independent commission together to rule on the incident.

Given how quickly they have ruled on it, it would seem to me that one of those 80 year old gimps at the fa just said ‘no it stands’ because they couldnt be bothered to rush a commission together before the brighton game and also because they are minded on being pc in light of the rudiger allegations and therefore dont want it overturned.

If my suspicions on the above are correct then the fa should face massive sanctions imo.

The Rules for a straight red card for violent conduct is three games and has been for years, it’s violent conduct - the laws the club signs up for at the start of the season.

They ruled on it so quickly as

1. It’s cut and dry red - even if you don’t agree there isn’t enough to turn around

2. It’s xmas they always speed it up.

Your clutching at straws, apart from Liverpool no one does victims better than us.

That footage doesn’t really prove anything I’m afraid, you can’t tell 100 percent if he punches him as the arm goes in a natural movement.

VAr is for clear and obvious to be over turned which it’s not

The Rules for a straight red card for violent conduct is three games and has been for years, it’s violent conduct - the laws the club signs up for at the start of the season.

They ruled on it so quickly as

1. It’s cut and dry red - even if you don’t agree there isn’t enough to turn around

2. It’s xmas they always speed it up.

Your clutching at straws, apart from Liverpool no one does victims better than us.

Indeed, I'm embarrassed by some fans (Scaramanga, SpurMeUp etc) claiming we are such hard done-by victims.

Their reading of referee incidents is so one-eyed as to make a Scouser blush red.

Back