• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Soldier beheaded' outside barracks in Woolwich

With respect I have referred to it many times including where I used the term 'propaganda' that you refer to & I do not intend to repost the name of it as I am not in the business of giving free publicity and thus assisting such a page to strengthen it's position in the internet search rankings. In addition I have made a comment about the site and that it didn't stand up to scruitiny and named an example - it didn't even have a response on the matter. Instead I received childish insults which is strange as I thought this was a forum for discussions, not to tell me that my opinion is wrong due to mis represented facts, and to imply racism, says the level of intellect that these sites attract to be honest.

You won't reply to my last post (again) but still see fit to insult my intellect and yet again state that I have cried racism.

If that was the case, I would have reported you. I did respond to your post and your comments in more than one post regarding the Facebook page.

I can't quite tell now if you are a WUM or having a very bad day? You are giving Hootnow the same incredibly strange responses you have given me. That is NOT me implying racism, before you push that line out again.

Well that is where we will always differ, I am prepared to discuss the facts, not minipulate them and to claim the moral high ground as it now appears you are trying to do - why say you haven't read anything and appear as a neutral when infact you already know the source. I don't need to post a source because the evidence is right in front of you when you look at the page. it states a 'myth' and then answers it's very own myth for starters. It is a very unbalanced presentation bordering on whipping up of hysteria.

You have said I am avoiding the issue, I actually responded to the posting of the site addres, where you have clearly read that post, so I do not know why you feel the need to come up with this kind of tripe.

Then you go on to assume that I am claiming the statistics are made up? I have not said that, so you are also mis quoting me in an attempt to try and prove a point, it's all a bit pathetic really and a recurring theme. By having facts there it proves absolutely nothing untill the site tries to put it's own spin on it, and low and behold suddenly there are seemingly irrefutable facts that people claim which only tell half the story.

As for the strengthening of the page rankings, are you saying that by posting it on here will not influence it at all? I think you are wrong, as it will still be a link being posted. Anyway that is irrelevant as I won't be posting it anyway.

Except you haven't discussed the facts at all, you've simply avoided the matter over and over again. I wouldn't accuse other people of claiming the moral high grounds when just a few posts back, you alluded to how a post indicated the 'level of intellect that these sites attract' and indeed in this very post, accuse me of posting tripe and being pathetic. Glad to see you're not taking the moral high road though.

What do you mean when I already know the source? The source isn't on this thread, the source for the claim about refugees is on that facebook page, in his first post. It has nothing to do with reading through this thread.

To be completely honest, I've become a little bit confused about what you are arguing for or about, with either me or the other poster. Perhaps this is me and my low intellect compared to your superior intellect, its hard for me down here on the immoral low road. So you'll have to take mercy on me and explain a few things.

You've discounted the whole page he sent you. I've done a search of the thread with the word propaganda and this are the 2 posts which come up from you:

I had a look and have never seen such a misleading and minipulative set of 'facts' on one page. No wonder people end up arguing if that is what is being used to validate their prerogative. Proves absolutely zip apart from the fact that you can disproportionately use statistics to make people feel better about doing something which is never something I would agree with obviously.

As soon as I saw the properganda about how many per cent of people go to the first country as refugees it summed your whole viewpoint up, assuming you support such drivel under the banner of 'keep calm Britain' which you clearly do as suggested by your eagerness to push the site address to me.

So now hopefully we'll get somewhere. So you don't like it because you can disproportionately use stats to make people feel better about doing something. You also consider the 'fact' and the stats behind it 'propaganda about how many % of people go to the 1st country as refugees'.

Let's dissect and try to find what you consider upsetting about this.

Is it the original claim? You don't think that people even claim that asylum seekers should go to the next safest country rather than come here?
Is it that you don't believe that 80% of the world's refugees are hosted in developing countries, rather than the UK and other MEDCs?
Is it that you think the stats are being misrepresented by this page?

By having facts there it proves absolutely nothing untill the site tries to put it's own spin on it, and low and behold suddenly there are seemingly irrefutable facts that people claim which only tell half the story

This is perhaps your quote which most confuses me. What is the site's own spin on the refugee numbers from the UN refugee agency? And why is the fact that 80% of refugees are in develping countries a 'seemingly irrefutable fact?'

And finally, its nonsense to claim that posting the link would significantly increase the likes of that page. As I've already said, there are approximately 500 active members on this board. How many do you think go on Randomisation? How many do you think started reading this thread? How many do you think are still reading this thread? How many of them give even the slightest brick about what you, Auroroman or I think or write? Suddenly, you'll find yourself most likely in single figures.

But what really baffles me is that I never told you to post the link to that facebook page. I asked you to tell me in your own words which of their 'facts' you considered propaganda or flat out wrong. Why you considered it and the original source wrong. And then your own source indicating why its wrong. Despite your claims that I don't accept facts, this surely shows the opposite. I have been presented with one side and one fact, from the UNHCR. I then asked you for your side and your fact and its source. Instead, you've given me a whole load of political talk which has left me confused as to exactly what we're now discussing.

You won't reply to my last post (again) but still see fit to insult my intellect and yet again state that I have cried racism.

If that was the case, I would have reported you. I did respond to your post and your comments in more than one post regarding the Facebook page.

I can't quite tell now if you are a WUM or having a very bad day? You are giving Hootnow the same incredibly strange responses you have given me. That is NOT me implying racism, before you push that line out again.

Its clear you have tried to take the moral high ground with your mis represented facts, and as a result you are the one who has tried to insult people's intellegence not me. You are the one mis quoting and bringing up childish insults yet you now question me as a WUM. Ok, true colours showing.

Its clear you have tried to take the moral high ground with your mis represented facts, and as a result you are the one who has tried to insult people's intellegence not me. You are the one mis quoting and bringing up childish insults yet you now question me as a WUM. Ok, true colours showing.

I'm genuinely concerned for your well-being. What misrepresented facts of mine are you talking about? Where have i misquoted you?? Tell me so i can see where I am going wrong?? Seriously man, are you ok?

Except you haven't discussed the facts at all, you've simply avoided the matter over and over again. I wouldn't accuse other people of claiming the moral high grounds when just a few posts back, you alluded to how a post indicated the 'level of intellect that these sites attract' and indeed in this very post, accuse me of posting tripe and being pathetic. Glad to see you're not taking the moral high road though.

Well maybe if my arguments were not dismissed as the views of someone who is worth of having the race card being thrown it would be different and people would be allowed to speak more freely without such insinuations. again you avoid your friend's comment, I use the term 'friend' because you are clearly overlooking his short comings in the discussion in favour of presenting an argument which you are merely trying to wind people up with your one sided views.

What do you mean when I already know the source? The source isn't on this thread, the source for the claim about refugees is on that facebook page, in his first post. It has nothing to do with reading through this thread.

I think you will find it is something to do with what was being discussed, at the time, the page was posted in response not by me so it must be a question you should ask your friend.

To be completely honest, I've become a little bit confused about what you are arguing for or about, with either me or the other poster. Perhaps this is me and my low intellect compared to your superior intellect, its hard for me down here on the immoral low road. So you'll have to take mercy on me and explain a few things.

Well I think the thrust of it was lost when your mate decided to descend it into petty squabbles and childish insults, which you are now trying to jump on the back of. You claim to be holier than thou yet your language is clearly being used in a way to try and ridicule, which has failed.

You've discounted the whole page he sent you

Oh right, thats news on me, yet another shoe horning so that you can claim the moral high ground. Which is strange because when referring to my claim your comment was;

You also consider the 'fact'

When you have decided which one it is, you are more than welcome to get back to me.

So now hopefully we'll get somewhere. So you don't like it because you can disproportionately use stats to make people feel better about doing something. You also consider the 'fact' and the stats behind it 'propaganda about how many % of people go to the 1st country as refugees'.

Let's dissect and try to find what you consider upsetting about this.

Is it the original claim? You don't think that people even claim that asylum seekers should go to the next safest country rather than come here?
Is it that you don't believe that 80% of the world's refugees are hosted in developing countries, rather than the UK and other MEDCs?
Is it that you think the stats are being misrepresented by this page?

By having facts there it proves absolutely nothing untill the site tries to put it's own spin on it, and low and behold suddenly there are seemingly irrefutable facts that people claim which only tell half the story

This is perhaps your quote which most confuses me. What is the site's own spin on the refugee numbers from the UN refugee agency? And why is the fact that 80% of refugees are in develping countries a 'seemingly irrefutable fact?'

Again, you are missing the point and this is just going off on a ridiculous tangent, it is not the context of when the link was posted, and my subsequent response. i think you have not read the thread yet felt the need to jump in.

And finally, its nonsense to claim that posting the link would significantly increase the likes of that page. As I've already said, there are approximately 500 active members on this board. How many do you think go on Randomisation? How many do you think started reading this thread? How many do you think are still reading this thread? How many of them give even the slightest brick about what you, Auroroman or I think or write? Suddenly, you'll find yourself most likely in single figures.

The site you are referring says the following;

When social media react to outrageous and offensive pieces, every tweet, every link and every petition is just free advertising and money straight in their pocket.

what do you think of that? there are elements of advertising that every site could benefit from nowadays, and it is in their interest to whip up a frenzy to create advocates of the site. I would love to know your view and what it is you are actually standing for too, seeing as you felt the need to jump in under the guise of being neutral, and keep the thread going on even longer and have yet presented no actual stance.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely concerned for your well-being. What misrepresented facts of mine are you talking about? Where have i misquoted you?? Tell me so i can see where I am going wrong?? Seriously man, are you ok?

I would respond to it but see no need to take the bait, it would only lead to another insult, and claims that I am the perpertrator again...what a great discussion, it was a pleasure.

I would respond to it but see no need to take the bait, it would only lead to another insult, and claims that I am the perpertrator again...what a great discussion, it was a pleasure.

For what it's worth, I am being genuine with my concern, even more so after what you have posted to Hootnow. There is no bait in my post for you to chew on. I think you have been very insulting towards me, but if you cannot see this, no dramas.

I think it's clear to both of us that there isn't anywhere to go with this, assuming by your last line that you do not wish to further engage with me (apologies if this is an incorrect insinuation).

I wish you all the best.

Well maybe if my arguments were not dismissed as the views of someone who is worth of having the race card being thrown it would be different and people would be allowed to speak more freely without such insinuations. again you avoid your friend's comment, I use the term 'friend' because you are clearly overlooking his short comings in the discussion in favour of presenting an argument which you are merely trying to wind people up with your one sided views.
I think you will find it is something to do with what was being discussed, at the time, the page was posted in response not by me so it must be a question you should ask your friend.
Well I think the thrust of it was lost when your mate decided to descend it into petty squabbles and childish insults, which you are now trying to jump on the back of. You claim to be holier than thou yet your language is clearly being used in a way to try and ridicule, which has failed.
Oh right, thats news on me, yet another shoe horning so that you can claim the moral high ground. Which is strange because when referring to my claim your comment was;
When you have decided which one it is, you are more than welcome to get back to me.
Again, you are missing the point and this is just going off on a ridiculous tangent, it is not the context of when the link was posted, and my subsequent response. i think you have not read the thread yet felt the need to jump in.
The site you are using in your post says the following;
what do you think of that? there are elements of advertising that every site could benefit from, and it is in their interest to whip up a frenzy to create advocates of the site. I would love to know your view and what it is you are actually standing for too, seeing as you though the need to jump in and keep the thread going on even longer and have yet presented no actual stance.

I don't have any 'friends' on this board, mostly because I am a grown man and not an 11 year old child on the playground. I would have appreciated it if you could have held a normal conversation with me without calling me pathetic or attacking 'my friend' but apparently I was asking for too much.

I think I'm going to bow out of this conversation now. I've been involved in a lot of discussions over the 10 years or so I've been on this site. Some of them with people far more intelligent than me, some of them with people far less. Some of the views have been inspiring. Some of them pretty sickening. In some of them, I've had my opinion changed by facts and logical argument and I hope at various points I've managed to do the same with others. I at least hope I've made some people think about their perspectives.

This however is by far the most surreal experience I've ever had on this board , topping any of SSG and her red gloves, Forza Keane, the various invasions Randomites have done over the years and the night when Makkag? I think posted a sex tape of himself on the site. I genuinely don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Your points jump from one illogical point to another from one sentence to the next I can't keep up. Maybe I'm having a stroke or don't have the intellect to follow your words, who knows. What I do know is that I can't.

This especially, just wow. Genuinely a

82530420.gif

moment reading that. I have no idea what's going on.

Two final points. You still haven't answered my question and I'd love someone else to explain it to me. :lol: Secondly, what are my views, both of that quote and in general in this whole surreal conversation?

I think that the page has 3, 269 likes and as such, is perhaps a couple of years away from worldwide fame.

In terms of my general views on this? I think the 2 guys that did this are disgusting and deserve everything the British justice system can throw at them. I think the EDL are macarons. I hope we can all control ourselves rather than allowing xenophobic revenge attacks on all sides to take hold.

As for my views on our strange exchange, I actually didn't really have a view. My first direct post to you was asking which facts you found misleading, as I suspected they were the refugee one. My view on that is that if any group knows their brick about refugee numbers, its probably the UN refugee agency and was wondering if you had some more recent or convincing evidence.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. If you wish to have the last word, please feel free, whether its finally answering my question, saying I think I'm morally superior or whatever you wish.

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday weekend.

sadly that probably happens weekly yet is only news today due to proximity

Very true.

Getting back on topic, I was really saddened to hear the family's press conference. And it confirmed my suspicion that they'd first heard about it and seen the video of their son dead on the floor on the news before the police managed to get to them.

Now I know that with all the technology we have now, we're never going to restrict stuff like this getting out into the general population but a little bit of foresight and respect for his family would have been nice I think.

Listen, this whole subject is very emotive and everyone comes at it from a different angle.

I don't think it's the best place to discuss such issues.

We come here as Spurs fans.

Spurs is my personal escape from reality.

I hope no-one has been offended by what anyone else has said.

Ok mate, as I have said, the context of the facts being always seems to cause the issue. In my opinion the intended use of the site was to try and overcome assumed stereo types that they feel Britain has. I can quote the facts from that site and say how it is misleading. But it would just lead to another page of insults from the other poster and no doubt lead to more wtf questions taking it off topic.

Like I said let me know if I have discounted the whole page or have questioned the facts and the way they have been presented.

Anyway. Have good evening.

Knowing how fast KD likes to jump on people regarding posts, im surprised he hasnt responded to this, maybe because its got him down in a nutshell and he has no comeback

I could ask you why you didn't respond to my post and had to wait for another poster to direct something at me before you jumped in again. It's ok though, some people are utterly hopeless at debating and need that extra bit of help. It's been your online character for donkeys years so it's not surprising.

I could ask you why you didn't respond to my post and had to wait for another poster to direct something at me before you jumped in again. It's ok though, some people are utterly hopeless at debating and need that extra bit of help. It's been your online character for donkeys years so it's not surprising.

Oh no it isnt !!!

Oh yes it is, Wilmott its not Panto time its May

Oh no it isnt !!!

Oh yes it is, Wilmott its not Panto time its May

yeh ok Pm me your insults and don't derail the thread. You have no clue what's happening, what the discussion is about or anything so don't spoil it for the ones that actually have a clue and want to debate.

yeh ok Pm me your insults and don't derail the thread. You have no clue what's happening, what the discussion is about or anything so don't spoil it for the ones that actually have a clue and want to debate.

What you tried to do as always and SuperHudd called you out on it in post #460

What you tried to do as always and SuperHudd called you out on it in post #460

you're not very smart are you:ross::ross:

I could have sworn he called me out on "undermining anyone that might show a teeny bit of resentment to the Islamic faith by jumping on anything that could be constructed in a way to make them look bad"...just had a look...yeh that's exactly what he did. It's amazing how you can make things up that easily :lol:

Now as i said, direct your "Malcolm x" and "wilmot" insults at me via pm and leave the discussion to the grown ups that actually know what the fudge is going on. The poo and guff thread is that way>>>>>>

Back