• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sky Packages

They gave me fudge all when I threatened to cancel (like about ?ú12 off) the full HD package.

Cancelled, and a month later got the anticipated letter. Full HD packages for ?ú21.50 for 12 months, plus a ?ú50 credit.

Accepted, but have scheduled to cancel again in 11 months. Now Im just bittorrenting huge series's of quality american dramas to watch via the Apple TV, theres just no need for it.

Called them.
Free ESPN and half price Sky Sports for three months aslong as I agree to my basic TV package for another year (Which I would have done anyway).
Can't complain with that.

Nice tip Southstand1882. Cheers.

Tight F**kers!

I just rang up and said I wanted to cancel the Sports and Movies now the season is over etc... and the best they could offer was some 9 month deal to keep it all and save 11 quid!?!?! I told him my Mrs wanted me to cancel it all but the stubborn git wasn't having any of it!

...In the end I just cancelled the Sport & Movies.

Tight F**kers!

I just rang up and said I wanted to cancel the Sports and Movies now the season is over etc... and the best they could offer was some 9 month deal to keep it all and save 11 quid!?!?! I told him my Mrs wanted me to cancel it all but the stubborn git wasn't having any of it!

...In the end I just cancelled the Sport & Movies.

being pedantic but what has movies got to do with the end of the season?

On the overall subject though, Sky bills are getting way out of hand. When it first started up and it was about ?ú30 that was bad enough, i have the lot and ESPN and its around the ?ú70 mark. But I just cant give it up. I like having it all. I download some stuff, but I still like being able to flick around. Its like an addiction or something.

Im going to call tomorrow and cancel my ESPN but I want my sky sports for the F1!. I have been with them for years now and im sick of all these deals they give out to newbies, and the loyal customers get F all!!!

?ú75 a month for me for sports (no ESPN), movies, line rental and broadband. Stupidly expensive but I can't deal with not having sky sports and I watch a lot of movies as theres never anything else decent on.

On the overall subject though, Sky bills are getting way out of hand. When it first started up and it was about £30 that was bad enough, i have the lot and ESPN and its around the £70 mark. But I just cant give it up. I like having it all. I download some stuff, but I still like being able to flick around. Its like an addiction or something.

Im going to call tomorrow and cancel my ESPN but I want my sky sports for the F1!. I have been with them for years now and im sick of all these deals they give out to newbies, and the loyal customers get F all!!!

Agreed. And it seems completely random as to the treatment you get.

On the overall subject though, Sky bills are getting way out of hand. When it first started up and it was about ?ú30 that was bad enough, i have the lot and ESPN and its around the ?ú70 mark. But I just cant give it up. I like having it all. I download some stuff, but I still like being able to flick around. Its like an addiction or something.

It doesn't, I told him I couldn't afford everything as my overall bill was getting out of hand (phone, broadband and all the TV!) asked if there were any deals or if I could save much by getting rid of Sports or Movies and he asked me if I watched them... said yeah I watched the football but the season is over now and only really watch a few films but not enough to justify paying so much. Then he kept saying if I lost the movie channels then I wouldn't have access to the Anytime+ films etc. I felt like telling him that the films on Anytime are pony anyway.

To be honest with the Euros and Olympics on this summer I can live without the Sports channels, it MIGHT actually force me to do something more productive lol!!

Any films can be streamed nowadays too.

It would be nice if they went out of their way to reward loyal customers but in all honesty they probably don't have to? Maybe if the trend of streaming TV series, Films and Live football continues they may have to buckle and reduce subscription cost but I doubt it!

The opening line should be the wife has lost her job and we need to cut back a few areas until she gets another job, she's an executive PA in the city so hopefully won't be long, Is there a way we could cut the sports, movies and broadband.

A couple of things.. the bill is around ?ú111.00 each month. How are people only paying south of ?ú70

Having looked at this, what the hell is cloud wi-fi hotspots, don't think I was ever told about this.

Also that ?ú20 for the phone, anyone feel like they are paying for people to contact them.. as you can see most is done by mobile calling for us. Still cheaper than BT though, unless your a new customer.

Sky TV

?ú81.50

Billing Period
Charges
Discounts
Sky+ Subscription
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
Sky+ Subscription
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
ESPN
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
?ú9.00
Sky 3D
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
Extra Subscription
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
?ú10.25
Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies HD
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
?ú62.25
Sky TV total:
?ú81.50

Sky Broadband

?ú10.00

Billing Period
Charges
Discounts
WiFi Hotspots from The Cloud
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
Sky Broadband Unlimited
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
?ú10.00
Sky Broadband total:
?ú10.00

Sky Talk

?ú19.86

Billing Period
Charges
Discounts
Sky Talk Line Rental
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
?ú12.25
1571 - Voicemail
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
Caller Display
18/05/12 - 17/06/12
FREE
Sky Talk Unlimited
23/03/12 - 22/04/12
?ú5.00
Call Charges
Premium Rate Calls (1 call)
?ú1.53
National Calls (4 calls)
?ú0.38
Local Calls (27 calls)
?ú0.70
Sky Talk total:
?ú19.86

[h=5]Payment due on 18/05/12[/h]?ú111.36

Got mine for ?ú40 a month a couple of months ago including line rental.

Just got the basic TV package, unlimited broadband and unlimited calls at no extra cost.
Didn't bother the with HD package, you still get all the freeview channels in HD (bbcHD/ITVhd e.t.c.) seemed silly to pay ?ú10 per month just for Sky Atlantic HD and Sky1 HD.

Why does no one have virgin?

You get all HD included in the price?

I have everything except maybe stuff like sky atlantic but then again we have the Virgin Atlantic so fudge you all

Yep it works all the time. Last time I did it, last month - they gave me the movie channels free for a year, all I did was say I wanted to get rid of Sky Sports

Back