• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

Why does it count that they were good goals? It's a case of scoring them. Paulinho scored more last season than Sigurdsson has in either of his seasons.

Why does it count that they were good goals? It's a case of scoring them. Paulinho scored more last season than Sigurdsson has in either of his seasons.

Just for the record Im not one of those wanting Paulinho to leave, would like to see what he does under Poch. But personally, Ive noticed Sigurdson's contributions during a game more than I have Paulinho's and considering Siggy is out wide most of the time and Paulinho is meant to be right in the thick of the action in the middle of the pitch that doesn't seem great....

Not surprised if Siggy is one to be let go. He has done some really nice things, but I don't think he quite fits Poch's style (primarily a lack of athleticism) and his attacking impact hasn't been good enough to compensate, we have several other players in his positions and some youngsters that we can give game time to instead.

Not surprised if Siggy is one to be let go. He has done some really nice things, but I don't think he quite fits Poch's style (primarily a lack of athleticism) and his attacking impact hasn't been good enough to compensate, we have several other players in his positions and some youngsters that we can give game time to instead.

Yep. I was pretty disappointed with Siggys lack of body strength mostly. It was like knocking a child off the ball sometimes it was so easy.

Why are Palace and Swansea battling over Siggy, whilst Juve and Chelsea are bidding for Paulinho?
Sig is from Iceland, its not as sexy as Brazil

I agree with rossi, if he was born in Brazil, was called Sigurdinho he would be a 40 mill talent :)

Yep. I was pretty disappointed with Siggys lack of body strength mostly. It was like knocking a child off the ball sometimes it was so easy.

Lack of body strength, lack of pace, lack of stamina. Seems to work hard, but never seemed to have the engine to truly keep influencing a game throughout. Fairly skillful and can strike a ball beautifully, but not quite capable of making the most of that ability.

Sig is from Iceland, its not as sexy as Brazil

I agree with rossi, if he was born in Brazil, was called Sigurdinho he would be a 40 mill talent :)

Or rather he would have zero caps and play in some Easter European league or still in South America.

If half of the shots he took that were almost a goal went in, we'd be a lot warmer to Sigi. But the reality is, he didn't score many, and we have too many midfielders. He should be sold.

Paulinho got 6, Sig got 5.......not much of difference to brag about is it

Its a myth that Paulinho is a great scorer from midfield.....in his career he has never hit double figures in league games over a season. Even for Brazil he is worse than average. So his biggest strength is in fact not even something decent.

Lack of body strength, lack of pace, lack of stamina. Seems to work hard, but never seemed to have the engine to truly keep influencing a game throughout. Fairly skillful and can strike a ball beautifully, but not quite capable of making the most of that ability.

Or rather he would have zero caps and play in some Easter European league or still in South America.

Funily enough, Paulinho was playing in Lithuania and Poland for a good few years not that long ago, and not doing that well either

It would help if he was played in his natural position as opposed to out on the left

Funily enough, Paulinho was playing in Lithuania and Poland for a good few years not that long ago, and not doing that well either

At least partly because he wasn't a standout player in South America before that. I don't think Sig would have been either.

It would help if he was played in his natural position as opposed to out on the left

He's gotten quite a few games there and failed to impress. It's not like he's been played consistently out on the left or that it's unheard of for a player like that to start in a left sided position.

If he has to play in the number 10 position to succeed I think his days are even closer to numbered as we have a lot of competition for places there and he's yet to prove himself better than those players.

Back