• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should Anelka be punished for his actions at West Ham?

If that's the case, Anelka is either incredibly stupid to make a gesture in support of his friend, or he knew exactly what he was doing and supports the same 'cause'. Actually, either way, he is incredibly stupid and needs to be punished.

ANelka has never, in fairness, come over as much more than a dimly shining star.

Spoke like a true colonialist, you really were born in the wrong time scara :)

I'm not going to get into the BBC debate, each side thinks the BBC is prejudiced against them in this conflict and it is frankly hilarious. Your prejudice is against the Arabs and more importantly Muslims, who you have decided are the sole players in this conflict on the Palestinian side. And I mention the prejudice because this isn't the first time you have waded into this particular discussion, as intelligent as you are, making statements that contradict factual history.

History is written by the victors (or so I'm told) ;)

You are quite wrong in your assertions. Israel was set up as an INCLUSIVE state where all people of whatever colour, creed, ethneciticy, religion were welcome. Look at the Christian and Moslem Arabs that play a full part in Israeli society today. The Arab nations however were not happy with this and declared WAR. They lost. Why should the aggressors who lost a war be rewarded. That really would be the first time in history. Ethnic cleansing is just plain incorrect and needs to be challenged.

This is however not really an appropriate forum for such a discussion. It is a FOOTBALL forum.

:) whatever makes you feel happy pirate55. Forced removal of hundreds of thousands of people isn't cleansing if that makes you comfortable.

Whatever happens with Anelka, I hope that, by the end of the thread, you will have all solved this Israel/Palestine thing. It seems simple enough.

I'm not going to get into the BBC debate, each side thinks the BBC is prejudiced against them in this conflict and it is frankly hilarious. Your prejudice is against the Arabs and more importantly Muslims, who you have decided are the sole players in this conflict on the Palestinian side. And I mention the prejudice because this isn't the first time you have waded into this particular discussion, as intelligent as you are, making statements that contradict factual history.

I have heard BBC spokesmen (not accusing you of being such) often say that they are accused of bias by both sides and that's a pretty fair indicator of their true objectivity.
Which is also a hilarious and fallacy-ridden claim to make.
But very convenient and might even pass muster for the casual listener

Zionism is simply the movement for Jews to live in their own state and in their historic homeland.

It has nothing to do with left-wing or right-wing politics.

These days, it has become somewhat unfashionable for those in the West to be blatantly anti-Semitic, so they choose to cloak their hated under the guise of anti-Zionism.

A nice illustration, cheers.

As for the "quenelle" being anti-Zionist rather than anti-Semitic, are you really that naïve to think that there's a difference?

I think that many in the UK equate Zionism with the abhorrent, racist policies towards Palestinian farmers, living within Israel, which Jack Straw (former Home Secretary) wrote about in the Times earlier this week. A kind of ethnic cleansing which no civilised nation should be party to, and which makes many in the UK feel deeply uneasy. No idea what Anelka meant by the "quenelle" gesture, and if the suspicion is that it was a racially motivated gesture, he will doubtless be punished. I only know what I read about Israel, no more no less, but I have no reason to think that Jack Straw doesn't tell it like it is, as he is one of the few politicians respected by both left and right. If Anelka's idiocy focuses attention on how Israel treats the Arabs within its borders, then maybe it will do some good.

As for the "quenelle" being anti-Zionist rather than anti-Semitic, are you really that naïve to think that there's a difference?

I think that many in the UK equate Zionism with the abhorrent, racist policies towards Palestinian farmers, living within Israel, which Jack Straw (former Home Secretary) wrote about in the Times earlier this week. A kind of ethnic cleansing which no civilised nation should be party to, and which makes many in the UK feel deeply uneasy. No idea what Anelka meant by the "quenelle" gesture, and if the suspicion is that it was a racially motivated gesture, he will doubtless be punished. I only know what I read about Israel, no more no less, but I have no reason to think that Jack Straw doesn't tell it like it is, as he is one of the few politicians respected by both left and right. If Anelka's idiocy focuses attention on how Israel treats the Arabs within its borders, then maybe it will do some good.

I don't even know where to start on that. Rather than take the time to tell you why I disagree with each and every part of that, I'll just take the bit upon which you've based the legitimacy of your comments.

Jack Straw is not respected by the right, he's just a nice bloke who has incredibly naive, and ultimately wrong political opinions.

I don't even know where to start on that. Rather than take the time to tell you why I disagree with each and every part of that, I'll just take the bit upon which you've based the legitimacy of your comments.

Jack Straw is not respected by the right, he's just a nice bloke who has incredibly naive, and ultimately wrong political opinions.

Says who? Not trying to call you out, but he is a leading political figure in the UK, so surely he must have something about him??

Can we not just move this to random? it's the same people saying the same **** and it's not even football related anymore.

Says who? Not trying to call you out, but he is a leading political figure in the UK, so surely he must have something about him??

A leftie was trying to state how "the right" feel about a politician. As someone he'd consider part of "the right" I'm correcting him.

A leftie was trying to state how "the right" feel about a politician. As someone he'd consider part of "the right" I'm correcting him.

Sorry to disappoint, scaramanga, but "leftie" I am most certainly not. I could be wrong when I say that Jack Straw is widely respected as politician of genuine integrity, but I doubt it. He has at least been to Israel to see things for himself.
Agree that this thread is heading for random.

Sorry to disappoint, scaramanga, but "leftie" I am most certainly not. I could be wrong when I say that Jack Straw is widely respected as politician of genuine integrity, but I doubt it. He has at least been to Israel to see things for himself.
Agree that this thread is heading for random.

In which case, I apologise for the most heinous of insults.

I agree about his integrity - he's not in it for fame or power, he's in it for the good he thinks he can do.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a best, misguided in his political views.

Anyway, you're right - off to random.

You are quite wrong in your assertions. Israel was set up as an INCLUSIVE state where all people of whatever colour, creed, ethneciticy, religion were welcome. Look at the Christian and Moslem Arabs that play a full part in Israeli society today. The Arab nations however were not happy with this and declared WAR. They lost. Why should the aggressors who lost a war be rewarded. That really would be the first time in history. Ethnic cleansing is just plain incorrect and needs to be challenged.

This is however not really an appropriate forum for such a discussion. It is a FOOTBALL forum.

Eactly this, a Footballer makes a well known anti Jewish gesture and immediately we get Israel dragged into the argument. Nothing to do with the Middle east conflict and everything to do with Jew baiting. Annelka knew exactly what he was doing. A long ban is required.

The Quenelle is a strange one. It is used by Racists. But is its origin by its founder racist?

Remember that the union jack is used by racists.

Was Anelka being a jew hater? Doubt it. Probably more to make a political statement against elitism and maybe his stance on the Palestine conflict.

Stupid to do it really if his career mattered to him. Obviously doesn't though.

His friend is christian I think.

Just had a look, his friend is a member of the national front. I know a lot of European far right groups have moved onto the far more popular topic of Muslims recently but surely people like him appreciate these groups historical views on black people? How can he be close to such a group?

Well maybe the is no such thing as offence anymore. A poster on this site said he wanted to cut off the heads off one group of people in this country but no action was taken against him.

The is no group of people in this country i hate or in the world i absolutely ****ing despise many individuals but no groups. But on this site which is oh so PC and left leaning it is now acceptable to say you wish to cut off the heads off people. Make sure you have the ear or steff and milo and the other lefties and you can say what you want.

Anelka is black and a muslim nothing he says or does is racist i admire and adore him and wish i was like him i wish to lick his ball sack while he educates me on to become part of the mainstream because i have had enough of being an outsider, i extend this offer to you as well Hootnow please teach me and educate me so i know how to get on to Milo's and Steff's PC left wing side.

Quite like the jews myself but there food is crap a bit like the muslims, the curry lot are the religion i would follow if i was so ****ing stupid as to believe in Religion. I can not be banned for anything i said here because of the next statement. The tories are evil and i think poor people should get extra tax credits blah blah.

HEY. STOP. I didn't think of the repercussions of this. It was just to ask if Anelka should get a substantial ban. I see it is opening up areas which the question was not asking answers for. I've just watched a terrific game of Tottenham style football. This has turned into a divisive thread. MODS please consign this to the scrap heap.

BYZprSyCcAI7A3X.jpg:large

Is there a French poster around here to explain this whole thing?
It seems to be a bit overreacted by the media and the politicians.

Back