• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should Anelka be punished for his actions at West Ham?

mouville

Kevin Scott
Anelka made a gesture that the French politicians are stating as being racist. I've not seen this one before but apparently the gesture is a representation of the Nazi swastka. If this is true should the FA punish it with a permanent ban as it would certainly be the worse thing I've seen a player try and get away with?
Obviously he should be punished if it was racist but should the ban be permanent?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...riend-Dieudonne-causes-outrage-in-France.html

Last edited:
I've never seen this sign before but if it does stand for something anti-semitic then of course.

I was actually shocked when I saw that. That is probably one of the most offensive things to happen on a football pitch in England. And even worse, Anelka and his comedian friend are plain ignorant, I guess he doesn't know what the Nazis plans were for black people or muslims.

His friend is christian I think.

Just had a look, his friend is a member of the national front. I know a lot of European far right groups have moved onto the far more popular topic of Muslims recently but surely people like him appreciate these groups historical views on black people? How can he be close to such a group?

I was actually shocked when I saw that. That is probably one of the most offensive things to happen on a football pitch in England. And even worse, Anelka and his comedian friend are plain ignorant, I guess he doesn't know what the Nazis plans were for black people or muslims.

The Nazis and certain Muslims were as thick as thieves during WW2.

In fact, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Haj Amin al-Husseini) spent the war as a personal guest of Hitler in Berlin and he set-up a Muslim Waffen-SS phalanx in the Balkans.

This 13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division was responsible for atrocities committed against Serb and Jewish civilians.

The Nazis and certain Muslims were as thick as thieves during WW2.

In fact, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Haj Amin al-Husseini) spent the war as a personal guest of Hitler in Berlin and he set-up a Muslim Waffen-SS phalanx in the Balkans.

This 13th Waffen-SS Mountain Division was responsible for atrocities committed against Serb and Jewish civilians.

Hitler made deals with Stalin too, didn't mean he saw him (or the slavik "race" as equals. His eventual plan for black people/muslims wasn't far off than what he intended for Jews

And the Grand Mufti was just backing the wrong horse. He had seen how the Palestinians had been screwed over by the English and the French in favour of the Jews and thought the Germans were the better bet for an advantageous deal for his people.

As for this gesture I gather it is anti-Zionistic rather than anti-Jewish so maybe it is a political statement rather than anything racist.

And the Grand Mufti was just backing the wrong horse. He had seen how the Palestinians had been screwed over by the English and the French in favour of the Jews and thought the Germans were the better bet for an advantageous deal for his people.

As for this gesture I gather it is anti-Zionistic rather than anti-Jewish so maybe it is a political statement rather than anything racist.

Well firstly, the Arabs only decided to call themselves "Palestinians" in the mid-1960s, so you've got a bit of historical revisionism going on there.

And don't forget that Britain had already carved-off 78% of Palestine in the 1920s to create the Arab Homeland which is now called Jordan, in which no Jews were allowed to live.

As for the "quenelle" being anti-Zionist rather than anti-Semitic, are you really that naïve to think that there's a difference?

It's blatantly anti-semitic, it's a bloody reverse of the Nazi salute! how blind should a person be that he'll think thats "just a political statement" and not obviously racism.

It's racist. Even if it's just political he still deserves a lengthy ban.

Well firstly, the Arabs only decided to call themselves "Palestinians" in the mid-1960s, so you've got a bit of historical revisionism going on there.

And don't forget that Britain had already carved-off 78% of Palestine in the 1920s to create the Arab Homeland which is now called Jordan, in which no Jews were allowed to live.

As for the "quenelle" being anti-Zionist rather than anti-Semitic, are you really that naïve to think that there's a difference?

The first two statements are incredibly wrong and I don't know why you keep on spouting this hateful ******** on here even when you get called up on it over and over again.

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/01/shared-genetic-heritage-of-jews-and.html

The last statement is also incorrect. This sign, having done a bit more reading on it, is clearly anti-semitic and Anelka should be heavily heavily punished for it. But conflating anti-zionism and anti-semitism is a coward's way out of criticism.

The first two statements are incredibly wrong and I don't know why you keep on spouting this hateful ******** on here even when you get called up on it over and over again.

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/01/shared-genetic-heritage-of-jews-and.html

The last statement is also incorrect. This sign, having done a bit more reading on it, is clearly anti-semitic and Anelka should be heavily heavily punished for it. But conflating anti-zionism and anti-semitism is a coward's way out of criticism.

Really? you don't know why THFC6061 keeps spouting this rubbish? ok.

Is there much of a difference?

If someone said "I don't dislike the English, I just want them out of England" I have to say, I'd find it incredibly difficult to believe the first part of that, given the fact that they said the second.

Yes. Big time. a clear message needs to sent to racist sympathisers. Not acceptable.

I dont think he should be. I cannot imagine he meant what everyone is on their ****ing high horses about. I very much doubt he would be making a gesture in front of the tv public if he meant it in the way all you guys think.

Like I said before, who the **** decided that this would be an anti-semitic gesture?

Besides surely its about intention.

Back