• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should Anelka be punished for his actions at West Ham?

Hello mods. I asked this to be buried as I thought it was causing frictioon amongst our own supporters. However with the last post it seems it is more widespread than just Anelka. If it is anti semetic and these chancers are doing it as well, then I would suggest it is kept as a current thread until it is resolved. Burying it serves no purpose.

There is a national outcry when we chant the Yid song and yet this appears to be being quietly swept under the carpet.

Last edited:
How many more are into this anti semetic behaviour? They need to be identified and calle to account for their actions.

The Quenelle is a strange one. It is used by Racists. But is its origin by its founder racist?

Remember that the union jack is used by racists.

Was Anelka being a jew hater? Doubt it. Probably more to make a political statement against elitism and maybe his stance on the Palestine conflict.

Stupid to do it really if his career mattered to him. Obviously doesn't though.

Good point with the Union Jack. Swastikas also have been used a lot through time, but in this current day and age it is only assumed to have one meaning.

We aren't sure of Anelkas motivation.

Regardless, it is stupidity for Anelka to use it given the assumption that it is making a racist statement. So what's the difference with "us" using the y-word then?

Hello mods. I asked this to be buried as I thought it was causing frictioon amongst our own supporters. However with the last post it seems it is more widespread than just Anelka. If it is anti semetic and these chancers are doing it as well, then I would suggest it is kept as a current thread until it is resolved. Burying it serves no purpose.

There is a national outcry when we chant the Yid song and yet this appears to be being quietly swept under the carpet.

I do wonder whether there is a double-meaning with this gesture if other French players are using it publicly. It could perhaps mean something less sinister. Still, as I said earlier, stupid of Anelka to use it in a celebration. Footballers really have to remember that political statements on the pitch will never have a happy ending.

West Bromwich Albion sponsors Zoopla have withdrawn their support to the club over Nicolas Anelka's anti-Semitic gesture.

They will no longer sponsor the club's shirts after the end of the current season.

Zoopla was unhappy at the continuing presence of Anelka in the team while his actions were investigated by the Football Association.

It was also claimed that Zoopla had requested Anelka play in an unbranded shirt during the Baggies' Premier League game against Everton on Monday night.

The club itself, the Football Association and those who are usually very vocal in matters of racism should all hang their heads in shame over their collective inaction.

Think that Zoopla themselves are taking the easy way out. Deal is actually up at the end of the season; they should be terminating the deal with immediate effect.

Disagree with them attempting to affect team selection, sponsors should have no role in this.

Is there a police investigation going on? If so this explains club and FA reluctance to get involved.

Despite my earlier post saying "we don't know his motivation" I've since read up on this French comedian and he sounds a nasty piece of work. Anelka is, at best, supporting him but I don't understand how you can publically support someone who is criticised for anti-Semitic behaviour without being seen to sympathise with their beliefs.

As with John Terry, Lee Bowyer and our very own Jonathon Woodgate I question the point of the Kick It Out Campaign.

What has the Society of Racist Lawyers had to say about this?

A deafening silence.

Nicolas Anelka: FA charges West Brom striker over gesture

The Football Association has charged West Brom striker Nicolas Anelka for making a "quenelle" gesture.

Anelka made the sign, described as an inverted Nazi salute, after scoring against West Ham in the Premier League on 28 December.

West Brom sponsor Zoopla will end their sponsorship of the club at the end of the season because of Anelka's gesture.

The 34-year-old, who started Monday's draw with Everton, has until 18:00 GMT on 23 January to respond to the charge.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25823368

Think that Zoopla themselves are taking the easy way out. Deal is actually up at the end of the season; they should be terminating the deal with immediate effect.

Disagree with them attempting to affect team selection, sponsors should have no role in this.

Is there a police investigation going on? If so this explains club and FA reluctance to get involved.

Despite my earlier post saying "we don't know his motivation" I've since read up on this French comedian and he sounds a nasty piece of work. Anelka is, at best, supporting him but I don't understand how you can publically support someone who is criticised for anti-Semitic behaviour without being seen to sympathise with their beliefs.

As with John Terry, Lee Bowyer and our very own Jonathon Woodgate I question the point of the Kick It Out Campaign.

I think Zoopla are taking the easy way out too..

I suppose due to his Arsenal roots you should hate Anelka but for some reason I don't. From what I hear he is actually a really nice and well educated guy, as for a racist or Jew hater?? I am also lead to believe it could not be further from the truth.

I think its a political statement at the wrong time and wrong place, he will get punished and I think it should be left at that

Zoopla get a lot of publicity by appearing to take the moral high ground. I have found out more about them in the last 24 hours than before, despite seeing their name on WBA's shirts for however long.

Anelka is likely to get a 5+ game ban for this. Whoops.

West Brom sack Anelka for 'gross misconduct'

West Brom are sacking Nicolas Anelka for gross misconduct after the striker announced he was quitting the club.

Anelka wrote on social media he was leaving with "immediate effect" after failing to reconcile his differences with Albion over the 'quenelle' sign.

Albion said his failure to apologise and accept a large fine, coupled with his outburst on Twitter and Facebook amounted to gross misconduct.

The club have given him 14 days' notice of the termination of his contract.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26587077

I wouldn't want this anti-Semitic piece of garbage anywhere near Spurs.

=D>

I wouldn't want this anti-Semitic piece of garbage anywhere near Spurs.[/QUOTE]

Back