• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shooting in Denver

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Apparently some sicko went into a movie theatre during a showing of the new Batman film and started shooting people. At least 10 dead and many more injured.

Standard.

Compare and contrast gun crime in teh UK and the US.......we all know the reasons why these attacks are frequent......nothing will be done.

Absolutely sickening what must be going on in these peoples heads. Saw on twitter FBI were raising the state of emergency and that they are searching a parked car for explosives? Terrorism?

but the right to bear arms is sacred to many Americans (well, enough for it not to be politically large enoguh to effect change) as it is in the constitution - never mind the fact that the reason it was put into the constitution is no longer relevant to modern US life (with the exception of a very small minority of crazy paraniods of course!)

but the right to bear arms is sacred to many Americans (well, enough for it not to be politically large enoguh to effect change) as it is in the constitution - never mind the fact that the reason it was put into the constitution is no longer relevant to modern US life (with the exception of a very small minority of crazy paraniods of course!)

As Robin Williams said, the Right to Bear Arms and the Right to Arm Bears

I would never want the UK to legalise guns in the UK for civilians, but in America is can see the argument for keeping them. The fact is that now they have so many guns, you'll never get rid of them. Every criminal will have a gun regardless of any change of the law, which makes me think if I were in the US I'd like to have one too. I'm not sure I agree with the concept of guns for self defence, but knowing every criminal has one would make me want to carry one too.

Also, lets be clear that these kind of shootings happen everywhere. Norway has some of the strictest gun laws in the world and even worse shootings happened there last year

I would never want the UK to legalise guns in the UK for civilians, but in America is can see the argument for keeping them. The fact is that now they have so many guns, you'll never get rid of them. Every criminal will have a gun regardless of any change of the law, which makes me think if I were in the US I'd like to have one too. I'm not sure I agree with the concept of guns for self defence, but knowing every criminal has one would make me want to carry one too.

Also, lets be clear that these kind of shootings happen everywhere. Norway has some of the strictest gun laws in the world and even worse shootings happened there last year

the first paragraph - is a very good point. im going to think about that, a lot.
the slight problem with that theory though is that criminals don't have the guns due to freedom of the law - they will obtain them by illegal means anyway to avoid being tracked down.

looking at it from a social angle - how can it be justifiable in any way for 14 more people/fellow Americans to have died as a result the US people's need to "defend themselves"

the second - very true. but the frequency of not criminals/terrorists (grey area between terrorist and crazy person i grant) that do such things to innocent people (ie at schools, malls etc) does seem to be very high in the US. maybe its a reporting thing - but Europe does get very news coverage of Europe and N.America (and lets no kid ourselves - neither Europe nor the US care that much about anything outside of these geographical areas due to mass cultural differences), so i think that is a fairly reliable assumption. (although it would be interesting to see a per capita comparison).

US law and, more importantly, US attitude makes it far easier for someone to go off the rails and commit mass murder as a result - and that is down to the availability of guns,

the first paragraph - is a very good point. im going to think about that, a lot.
the slight problem with that theory though is that criminals don't have the guns due to freedom of the law - they will obtain them by illegal means anyway to avoid being tracked down.

looking at it from a social angle - how can it be justifiable in any way for 14 more people/fellow Americans to have died as a result the US people's need to "defend themselves"

the second - very true. but the frequency of not criminals/terrorists (grey area between terrorist and crazy person i grant) that do such things to innocent people (ie at schools, malls etc) does seem to be very high in the US. maybe its a reporting thing - but Europe does get very news coverage of Europe and N.America (and lets no kid ourselves - neither Europe nor the US care that much about anything outside of these geographical areas due to mass cultural differences), so i think that is a fairly reliable assumption. (although it would be interesting to see a per capita comparison).

US law and, more importantly, US attitude makes it far easier for someone to go off the rails and commit mass murder as a result - and that is down to the availability of guns,

As an impulse act, yes, but when someone is that fudged up they will find a way.

It's one thing owning a handgun for home defense, but selling assault rifles over the counter...

Back