• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I know I'll need a long, hot shower after rooting for them this afternoon, but come on, you Chavs.

The results definitely went in our favour this weekend. Still don't think I've seen one game United have played this season when they truly deserved to pick up 3 points. The pressure will really be on them to turn it around now and the Glazers must surely be considering LVG's replacement right now. And to think I was hugely disappointed that we brought in Poch as I really wanted LVG.

The results definitely went in our favour this weekend. Still don't think I've seen one game United have played this season when they truly deserved to pick up 3 points. The pressure will really be on them to turn it around now and the Glazers must surely be considering LVG's replacement right now. And to think I was hugely disappointed that we brought in Poch as I really wanted LVG.
I have to shamefacedly say i would have taken LVG, De Boer or Koeman, in that order, before Poch at the time.

The amazing thing is that despite how awful they look every single game, they're only 5 points behind us. In terms of performances, it feels like we should be about 15 ahead of them

I have to shamefacedly say i would have taken LVG, De Boer or Koeman, in that order, before Poch at the time.

I always wanted Pochettino but...I was a bit impatient last season when our performances were woeful & we were losing games that we shouldn't lose. I said that I expected him to get sacked. Well, I'm so happy that Levy didn't have his itchy trigger finger and that I've been eating a season ticket of humble pie.

Whilst we would obviously have still lost, I doubt we'd have got murdered had the ref not decided that jumping was illegal.

And had Lennon been fit to start. Plus when we had the home leg, the referee seemed to be allergic to awarding a penalty and Gomes blundered again.

If results keep going our way like this weekend, bar Leicester and Liverpool (I suppose) we possibly might start dreaming, but we simply have to win the next 2 league games.
For me those 2 along with Swansea,Bournemouth,WBA at Home and Villa Away are 6matches we must take maximum points from to be in with a shout. Failure to do so in any of those means picking points up in other matches where historically we dont tend to do so well like City,Liverpol and Chelsea and even United at home to an extent

I just meant we'll get murdered the first time we face one of the big 3. Like when we drew Madrid last time, and like happens to all the English sides in the competition.

Have you actual seen us this season or are you just going all in concentrating on the Cups?
From 22 league games we've only conceded more than 1 goal in 3 games. 2-2 stoke, 2-2 swansea, 1-2 Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
We are not going to get murdered by anyone.

And playing against big sides trying to play football suits the way we playing under Poch. We'll press them and counter attack.

Let's not entertain this title challenge until we are 3 points clear at the top on the last day of the season and winning 5-0 in stoppage time please.

That sounded like me at The Reebok a few years back. We had that run where we had never won a league match there. Then finally and ironically on our last visit there we were 4-1 up, but even at that score with 10 minutes I couldnt enjoy the moment until we were in stoppage time.
Same this season with this Chelsea situation, yes I know its 14pts with 15 to go, but I wont count my chickens unless it is 15 with 5 to go. It comes with the territory I suppose, but I must admit it this last week, and this weekend in particular, I am starting to get a little bit excited...is that wrong?

Exciting, isn't it! Not that I think we will win it, but it's really possible now - not only because we're only a few points of first, but because we deserve to be where we are as well, based on how we've played all season. It's not just a fluke or good fortune that sees us where we are, it's well deserved.

This spring can be the most exciting for Spurs fans in years.

And had Lennon been fit to start. Plus when we had the home leg, the referee seemed to be allergic to awarding a penalty and Gomes blundered again.

Couldnt get a ticket for that home leg at first, but after the defeat in the 1st leg a lot of tickets strangely became available. I snapped up 2 right off, firstly..Real Madrid at the Lane???/ No brainer not to be there, but secondly, with that team we had I truly believed we had a chance of turning it around. An early goal and who knows.
And as you rightly say, how we didnt get one early doors, twice Bale got fouled in the box IIRC. Obviously once we had the Gomes mistake the dream was over and I just enjoyed the fact Tottenham Hotspur had played Real Madrid in the QF of the Champions League.

Definitely. It was such a weird experience talking about how Real Madrid were seemingly there for the taking. Partly, we were straying from reality in thinking that we could turn it around, but we definitely had players that could really pose a threat to Real Madrid's defence. Had we scored early on, who knows what could have happened.

Back then I think we had a more exciting attack, with Bale, Modric & Van Der Vaart. Now we have some attacking threat, but seems more a consequence of our defensive strength and solid team work than our attacking play. I think we have a stronger team than back then, think we could actually turn heads in the CL too, when we qualify.

Couldnt get a ticket for that home leg at first, but after the defeat in the 1st leg a lot of tickets strangely became available. I snapped up 2 right off, firstly..Real Madrid at the Lane???/ No brainer not to be there, but secondly, with that team we had I truly believed we had a chance of turning it around. An early goal and who knows.
And as you rightly say, how we didnt get one early doors, twice Bale got fouled in the box IIRC. Obviously once we had the Gomes mistake the dream was over and I just enjoyed the fact Tottenham Hotspur had played Real Madrid in the QF of the Champions League.

My uncle decided that he'd give me his ticket for what he'd brought it for. Had absoloutley no regrets about going and never really expected us to turn it around (although there is always hope!)

One of my favourite memories as a Spurs fan is of me as a drunk 17 year old kid chanting "Barcelona!" at about a hundred Real fans outside a takeaway and receiving a barrage of boos back in my direction :p

That sounded like me at The Reebok a few years back. We had that run where we had never won a league match there. Then finally and ironically on our last visit there we were 4-1 up, but even at that score with 10 minutes I couldnt enjoy the moment until we were in stoppage time.
Same this season with this Chelsea situation, yes I know its 14pts with 15 to go, but I wont count my chickens unless it is 15 with 5 to go. It comes with the territory I suppose, but I must admit it this last week, and this weekend in particular, I am starting to get a little bit excited...is that wrong?

You know it is!

I was in Colombia when the Real draw was made - i had said to myself if i could get return flights for under £500 id have gone to the away leg, they were close to a grand and i ended up watching the game in Bogota surrounded by Madrid fans :mad: :p

Back