• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

CfHG5FzWIAAumbu.jpg

Can't help but feel a little disappointed, if Leicester win, you have to feel that they're very close to winning it.

We perhaps haven't been as good against the better teams as we should have been. 2 points from Arsenal, 2 from Liverpool, 1 from Leicester, 3 from West Ham, 1 (so far) from Chelsea, 0 (so far) from Man Utd, 2 from Everton, though of course 6 from Emirates Marketing Project.

I know they're not necessarily stacked top to bottom as the top teams currently but they have some of the best players in the league.

Regardless, if we finish top 3, I'd see it as a very good season.

just looking at the teams below us. I'm surprised to find that they are all within shooting distance of us. It good that we play Man Utd next week. We have the chance their through our own actions to put them well out of the top 3 picture. With Emirates Marketing Project still having to play Arsenal, West Ham playing Arsenal etc, i understand that those below us will also take points off of each other. Nonetheless, the chasing pack are a little too close for any feelings of having crossed the line already.

Not winning the title wouldn't feel like a defeat to me; but not finishing in the top 3 and securing automatic passage to the CL certainly would after how we have played this season.

its the first 10 games that killed our title hopes for us.
too many draws.

I think it could be argued that it's just down to that one head to head game vs Leicester where they beat us.

A reverse result and the 6 point swing would have put us top currently.

We've only drawn 2 more than them so it's not like we lost an abundance of points that way.

Even if we don't win the league title, I want us to win as many games as possible, scare everyone especially le scum and at least finish second, we've just got to keep getting the results.

Will turn my stomach if they finish above us. Again.

effectively now 1pt behind us and a far easier run-in. Think we are looking at 3rd place at best. If City find some form now De Bruyne is back we could even drop to 4th

Looking like a bet on Leicester is going to be free money.
I wonder if the bookies will stop bets on them if they win today.

There you go, they score
effectively now 1pt behind us and a far easier run-in. Think we are looking at 3rd place at best. If City find some form now De Bruyne is back we could even drop to 4th
We would seriously have to go off the boil for Emirates Marketing Project to overtake us, I can't see that happening.

The way Leicester are getting results, they could still reach a total that is respectable for the title winners (say 80 points). My position has generally been that no side has shown the credentials of a champion and that the winner would be best of the runners-up.

There you go, they score

We would seriously have to go off the boil for Emirates Marketing Project to overtake us, I can't see that happening.

I have City down as finishing on 70pts so we still have a bit to do yet.

Time to change the title of this thread though. Even the most optimistic of fans must realise Leciester arent going to blow it. The day of the NLD was the day our big chance went.
Had we gone top that morning it could have put some pressure on them in the evening, but us drawing and them winning away that day was a telling blow. Just seems they are destined to win it

An optimist would hope until its no longer possible to win.
A realist would wait until its won.

Pick a side

An optimist would hope until its no longer possible to win.
A realist would wait until its won.

Pick a side

This pessimist says if it wasn't over when we blew it v Arsenal and they didn't at Watford, it is now, and its time to peek over the shoulder and concentrate on securing CL football

Back