• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Saturday is a. Big day for us with the teams were up against playing first

And as mentioned in a previous post, because of the toughness of their fixtures. Leciester,Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham all have toughish away days and of course we play at the same time as the Manc Derby.
Providing we win. the odds we gain points on at least one of them (as well as one of the Mancs) has to be pretty good.

Wenger coming out today saying Arsenal are worried over the Champions League place, he does this every year and it usually precedes a great run of form for them. Like the acknowledgement of failure now that all else has gone kicks them into gear, and now we see the 'mental strength'. Hopefully we keep up our own form in response.

So Liverpool has us (at home) on 2nd of April, Borussia (away) on 7th, Stoke (at home) on 10th and Borussia (at home) at 14th. They will rotate in both games in EPL, won't they?

It's not just about goals scored though it's about having that decisive player who could get a goal out of nothing and turn some of those draws into wins. That's what has cost us not the loss against Leicester in January. Leicester lost twice to Arsenal but are still 11 points ahead of them. But I don't want to start another conversation about strikers but rather to illustrate that the chance to win the title was always in our own hands. Leicester are just better at grinding out wins than us that's why they are where they are and are probably now favourites to win the title.
And that I agree with. But not getting an extra striker in the January window, I don't. It's the first few games of the season where we didn't turn draws into wins. Lately we're doing quite alright.

Okay, EL out of the way.

Games to play..for the first time this season we now have the least games left to play, alongside Leciester.
As of tonight.
Leicester and Tottenham 8
Arsenal 9
Emirates Marketing Project 11 minimum
West Ham 10 minimum
Man United 10 minimum
Liverpool 12 minimum

Has to be a big help to us now. Lets make it count
And we're worried about Liverpool, because? o_O

So Liverpool has us (at home) on 2nd of April, Borussia (away) on 7th, Stoke (at home) on 10th and Borussia (at home) at 14th. They will rotate in both games in EPL, won't they?

Think they'll be up for the Dortmund game, so hopefully have one eye on that during our match.

And we're worried about Liverpool, because? o_O

They have a really decent run-in compared to all the rest of the Top 7. Depending on how seriously they take the EL, they still have an outside chance of finishing 4th. With a strong finish (not saying it will happen, but it could), they could finish on 70pts, leaving them still an outside threat

Average table position of remaining opponents:

Leicester 11.25
Tottenham 10.25
Arsenal 12.88
Emirates Marketing Project 10.33
West Ham 9.44
Man Utd 10.11
Liverpool 11.3
Southampton 10.77
Stoke 10
Chelsea 9.22

do they have that, with some kind of weighting for hom/away?

By they, you really mean me ;). Looking at it again I still had Saudi Sportswashing Machine included for Leicester, they're only at 11.25.

Leicester 10.25/12.25
Tottenham 9.25/11.25
Arsenal 15.8/9.75
Emirates Marketing Project 7.25/12.8
West Ham 11.4/7.75
Man Utd 12.4/7.25
Liverpool 11.166/11.5
Southampton 11.5/10.2
Stoke 9.75/10.25
Chelsea 3/14.2

By they, you really mean me ;). Looking at it again I still had Saudi Sportswashing Machine included for Leicester, they're only at 11.25.

Leicester 10.25/12.25
Tottenham 9.25/11.25
Arsenal 15.8/9.75
Emirates Marketing Project 7.25/12.8
West Ham 11.4/7.75
Man Utd 12.4/7.25
Liverpool 11.166/11.5
Southampton 11.5/10.2
Stoke 9.75/10.25
Chelsea 3/14.2
Yeah, but you've got to do it on the current form table. :p

Wenger coming out today saying Arsenal are worried over the Champions League place, he does this every year and it usually precedes a great run of form for them. Like the acknowledgement of failure now that all else has gone kicks them into gear, and now we see the 'mental strength'. Hopefully we keep up our own form in response.

It seems to be easier to create a sense of adversity and take away the pressure of going for the title. So we should be fighting for a CL place. Just as Ranieri is talking about Leicester playing for Europe until the last few games. Likewise Poch should focus us on on making CL mathematically assured. Focus on and get across this line as quickly as possible rather than think about the title.

From those lists, Leicester look like faves. They didnt lose to those teams they have left earlier this season.
I heard somewhere that from the first games against their remaining opponents Leicester got 20 points while we got 10 from ours. Make of that what you will.

so we are to play Liverpool the weekend before their trip to Dortmund, could work in our favor if they have one eye on that

and potentially United's replay v West Ham is the Wednesday before our game with them

so we are to play Liverpool the weekend before their trip to Dortmund, could work in our favor if they have one eye on that

and potentially United's replay v West Ham is the Wednesday before our game with them

Highly unlikely unless it's an early kickoff. You're not allowed to televise games at the same time as CL games. Can't see the tv execs passing up this one.

Back