• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
One down then. Less than 36 hours to finalise the others. Foyth presumably should be simple. Poch said 'at least 3 more' last weekend - really hope he isn't disappointed. We're not much stronger after the Aurier/Foyth/Sanchez deals than we were in May

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

For Levy the transfer window opens in 24 hours.

nutmeg.jpg

Spin, spin, spin the wheel of justice!

I hope the Home Office will publish reasons why they made an exception for him.

What exceotion have they made?

He has a suspended sentence on him

Lionel Messi could play here and he has one too... others do too strangely

In fact I'd wager that there are plenty of folk with minor misdemeanours on their record happily working and contributing to society over here

Why do you think they made an exemption? I thought he had successfully appealed his conviction and therefore there are no grounds to refuse a work visa?

I am not sure anyone on here knows the outcome of his appeal or whether it has even been heard.

What exceotion have they made?

He has a suspended sentence on him

Lionel Messi could play here and he has one too... others do too strangely

In fact I'd wager that there are plenty of folk with minor misdemeanours on their record happily working and contributing to society over here

Messi has Spanish citizenship. Aurier is non EU.

Anyway it looks that what has happened is his appeal in french courts came through at the right moment

Previously he wouldn't have got in

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-part-9-grounds-for-refusal

"(d) has been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to a period of imprisonment of less than 12 months, unless a period of 5 years has passed since the end of the sentence."

Is it weird that I'm disappointed we're signing him? I didn't want Walker to leave, but had eventually got used to the idea of giving Trippier his opportunity and grooming Walker-Peters into the role. Now it feels like we're where we were before, with a long-serving Spurs player replaced by a dislikable and less proven equivalent after the season has started, and Walker-Peters further down the pecking order again.

Show me that I'm wrong to be disappointed!

Is it weird that I'm disappointed we're signing him? I didn't want Walker to leave, but had eventually got used to the idea of giving Trippier his opportunity and grooming Walker-Peters into the role. Now it feels like we're where we were before, with a long-serving Spurs player replaced by a dislikable and less proven equivalent after the season has started, and Walker-Peters further down the pecking order again.

Check him out on Youtube and think about how much we've lacked pace over the first three matches of the season and I'm sure you'll be convinced. If the reports are true, we sold a 28 year old for 50 mill, and got his 24 year old replacement for 23 mill. He's a bit of a hothead, of course, but hopefully Poch can teach him some realities of life. More likely, he'll play well for us a season or two, have a moan and get sold to Chelsea. :p

Check him out on Youtube and think about how much we've lacked pace over the first three matches of the season and I'm sure you'll be convinced. If the reports are true, we sold a 28 year old for 50 mill, and got his 24 year old replacement for 23 mill. He's a bit of a hothead, of course, but hopefully Poch can teach him some realities of life. More likely, he'll play well for us a season or two, have a moan and get sold to Chelsea. :p

Just to nitpick: Walker is 27 and Aurier turns 25 in December, but great deal for us nonetheless.

Trippier is no better than a back up. We'd be screwed with him first choice all season.

It was gutting to lose Walker, so this is damage limitation. Aurier feels like the best/most like-for-like replacement out there.

It's a year too early for KWP (that was obvious from the U20 WC). I think we'll sell Trippier next summer and promote KWP then

Sanchez and Aurier in for Wimmer and Walker at a small net profit is decent.

I guess I'm confused as to why Poch was happy to sell Walker. My understanding was that Poch felt like Trippier was good enough to take gametime away from Walker, and that Walker wasn't happy about that. But if we're buying Aurier, that suggests no-one thinks Tripper is good enough to be first-choice, so why not just reassure Walker that if he maintained his performance he'd always start ahead of Trippier?

I guess regardless of price and quality, I'm just disappointed to lose a long-serving English player and replace him with a guy who seems like a complete bell-end.

Oh well, hopefully he'll play brilliantly and I'll soon forget my misgivings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back