• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

True, its tough to take but if you step back from it there is some logic to it and its not as bad as it all seems
I am not getting too stressed about it all (not a season ticket holder), I understand the logic, I don't like the decision though and I think it will damage the club in the longer term unless we really do push on winning things the atmosphere will be toxic.

I am not getting too stressed about it all (not a season ticket holder), I understand the logic, I don't like the decision though and I think it will damage the club in the longer term unless we really do push on winning things the atmosphere will be toxic.

Ala West Ham

Ala West Ham
IMO - they are slightly different as loads of their tickets are cheap as chips they are tinkled off as they got a brick stadium and still have owners who act like two bob when they were told they would start acting like a propper club - the scum down the road are the entitled ones.

I have looked at alot of online social media feedback and it all looks bad. But is it all that bad? I have not been able to afford a season ticket for years so the £800 being paid by some now was above my old price of £625, so the game has always been about those that can afford it. The working class part has been gone since the 80s over to the 90s.

The thing is after a 5 year price freeze is the increases that bad? 5% a year on average in some cases, thats not bad at all I don't think.

I’ve said this loads online and no one is picking up on it....
How much more have we spent to accommodate NFL?
How much are they paying towards those costs?
Are the football fans subsiding American football being played at a football stadium?

I’d hazard a guess and say the extra pitch, entrance an changing rooms alone equate to around £80m. That’s £80m to be recovered somewhere and our NFL deal doesn’t cover that

i'm sure the NFL tickets will be be cat a prices or beyond so i wouldn't worry too much.I think without the NFL the stadium doesn't get built or would cost the club even more.No way does Levy have the extra nfl bits and it costs even more the point was to make it cheaper for the club.The season tickets will sell out maybe some fans will feel alienated but usually happens with this sort of thing.I'm in phase 6 so either way the cheaper tickets will have gone in fact the 25000 best seats will have been gone by then.I will then have a choice to buy a season ticket or go back to being a member.If can't get a ticket i like i won't buy for the sake of it in fact i would say most of the non renewals will come from phases 5-8.

i'm sure the NFL tickets will be be cat a prices or beyond so i wouldn't worry too much.I think without the NFL the stadium doesn't get built or would cost the club even more.No way does Levy have the extra nfl bits and it costs even more the point was to make it cheaper for the club.The season tickets will sell out maybe some fans will feel alienated but usually happens with this sort of thing.I'm in phase 6 so either way the cheaper tickets will have gone in fact the 25000 best seats will have been gone by then.I will then have a choice to buy a season ticket or go back to being a member.If can't get a ticket i like i won't buy for the sake of it in fact i would say most of the non renewals will come from phases 5-8.
The NFL stuff has not made it cheaper. The special pitches alone would have bumped the cost up a hell of a lot
We have extra changing rooms and a special entrance so that’s additional cost that never would have been needed

The NFL stuff has not made it cheaper. The special pitches alone would have bumped the cost up a hell of a lot
We have extra changing rooms and a special entrance so that’s additional cost that never would have been needed
Exstra enterance and changing rooms add very little, if anything, to the cost of the build. Those areas would just be used for something else. It's not like it would not be anything there!
The only extra cost is the retractable pitch. That is a significant additional investment, but having just a normal pitch would not give us significant lower ticket prices. If you believe that, you are kidding yourself.

In addition, the artificial surface will be used other types of events (i.e. concerts) at the stadium. That probably saves a couple of quid on grass maintenance and should mean that more events can be staged there than would be the case if it was grass only.

The NFL facilities will pay for itself many times over I imagine. Danny boy would not have gone this way unless there was significant payback for the club.

Quoted from @Jordinho a few pages back,
- As such 27,500 seats are priced at £1,125 or less in the new stadium - of which 23,000 are priced £995 or less - more seats than the total number of season ticket holders we had at White Hart Lane.

Have they removed lower priced options which were available at the old Lane?

I think it also has to do with exposure to the American market including concert venues etc

There’s the kicker

We have built a stadium to appeal to other markets

All for that and why wouldn’t you

But that should be reflected in the prices for the people keeping the place sustainable and Operable

As I said... the premium for the pitch, and other NFL things which could have been used for additional revenue too is being paid for by the guaranteed income of the football fans

How much do the goons generate on a match day? Having the sliding pitch creates many more ‘match days’ with all the catering as well as entrance revenue for concerts and NFL. NFL ticket prices will be a lot higher too! A stadium used every fortnight during the season only is a waste. The clever thing about the NFL is they paid upfront covering the build costs I suspect and guaranteed a certain amount of revenue.

It should bring in many more millions per year long term, if so it will prove to be an astute move, helping us surpass pool, the scum and others eventually.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

THE MEMBER'S "JOURNEY" (With some poetic licence. But you get me drift.)

Pre Jol: Pay extra, join the ST waiting list. Position 10,0000 but loyalty points and Bronze Membership mean you can travel to Grimsby et al .......

images

Post Jol: We've won something, things will only get better and you're moving up. Position 7,500 and loyalty points mean you're pretty much guaranteed an away ticket.......

images

Redknapp: Champions League, we're on our way and you're getting there. Position 2,000 and loyalty points mean you can take your pick on away games......

upload_2018-3-20_0-7-53.jpeg

Sherwood: I know it's brick but you're almost there. Position 1,000, you can have a seat in the West Stand @ £mega, right behind Daniel (20 rows back actually but wahatever). Oh and we're taking away half your loyaty points... because that's fair.......

upload_2018-3-20_0-12-30.jpeg

Potch: Now we're talking! You're at 350 on the waiting list and you can definitely have a seat at the front of the West Stand but sorry mate away tickets are out of the question, cos they only go to ST holders with 500 loyalty points and you fail big time on both counts.........

upload_2018-3-20_0-15-48.jpeg

Potch 2: Hey, guess what! If you want a ST in the NWHL you've been waiting for you'll have to get a ST at Wembley. Otherwise you'll still be at 300 on the ST waiting list but 40,000 new ST holders will have moved in front of you. Also when you purchase said ST you'll lose any loyalty points. But let's be fair they were worth fvck all anyway, cos you ain't ever going to another away match now :)

upload_2018-3-20_0-21-4.jpeg

NWHL: Congratulations you can now have a ST at NWHL! Michelin star dining, craft beer and airport, sorry sky lounge or whatever. Your Wembley equivalent ticket @£700? Oh yeh. That'll be £1,200 :-?

images

I think there’s a lot of people in that situation. Phase 5-8 is full of people that paid £750-£800 for a Wembley adult ticket (or £250-£300 for a junior).

These same people are now going to be asked for £1200 for adult and possibly the same for a junior if all concessions areas are full.

No doubt we will be dipping into the waiting list which is also full of adult/junior combos. The same waiting list that was full of people that didn’t want a Wembley ticket for whatever reason which enabled it to reach those around 45000/50000 on the waiting list .....are we now to believe that these same people will step in and pay the £1200ish?

I’ve said this loads online and no one is picking up on it....
How much more have we spent to accommodate NFL?
How much are they paying towards those costs?
Are the football fans subsiding American football being played at a football stadium?

I’d hazard a guess and say the extra pitch, entrance an changing rooms alone equate to around £80m. That’s £80m to be recovered somewhere and our NFL deal doesn’t cover that

Mate, it's Levy we are talking about, there is absolutely no way Spurs is subsidizing the NFL, it is the other way around.

As has been said by others in the thread

- We have had a price freeze for several years now, while our product and the players we have got better
- Spurs fans have demanded that we don't move, the biggest additional cost to the stadium is likely the logistics effort to make it happen in just over a season
- And look through this board .. pay Toby what he wants, pay Kane what he wants, etc .. but keep my ticket prices what they were at WHL ????

Two things I get out of these conversations

- Yes, unfortunately some fans will get priced out, that will remain so as long as there is enough demand to sustain the higher prices
- English people have a very weird view of the only "real fans" are ones without money? so because people can afford an expensive ticket = brick atmosphere?

Mate, it's Levy we are talking about, there is absolutely no way Spurs is subsidizing the NFL, it is the other way around.

As has been said by others in the thread

- We have had a price freeze for several years now, while our product and the players we have got better
- Spurs fans have demanded that we don't move, the biggest additional cost to the stadium is likely the logistics effort to make it happen in just over a season
- And look through this board .. pay Toby what he wants, pay Kane what he wants, etc .. but keep my ticket prices what they were at WHL ????

Two things I get out of these conversations

- Yes, unfortunately some fans will get priced out, that will remain so as long as there is enough demand to sustain the higher prices
- English people have a very weird view of the only "real fans" are ones without money? so because people can afford an expensive ticket = brick atmosphere?

Well I’m guessing by the last part of your post your not from the UK and don’t come to the ground too often ? So when you do you make the most of it

Grounds here where they have brought in higher cost tickets and more corporate have had a big decline in the atmosphere and that’s a fact. But it’s not just new stands and grounds. Goodison is an old ground and the atmosphere can be awful

I think it’s partly a new fan base, partly football tourism and a biggy... random times of games having an affect on pee match rituals for certain fans

There’s the kicker

We have built a stadium to appeal to other markets

All for that and why wouldn’t you

But that should be reflected in the prices for the people keeping the place sustainable and Operable

As I said... the premium for the pitch, and other NFL things which could have been used for additional revenue too is being paid for by the guaranteed income of the football fans

I think that it is unrealistic to expect us to build a new stadium and not have to increase ticket prices to cover it. It seemed obvious to me that this would happen.

I think that it is unrealistic to expect us to build a new stadium and not have to increase ticket prices to cover it. It seemed obvious to me that this would happen.

Haven’t heard anyone say that they didn’t expect increases. I did. I expected the prices to go up

Equivalent £700 to be about £850 not £995

I also thought they would have a lot less price points

Back