• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Im bailing out of phase 1 so i can get a ticket in phase 2 with a mate. The guys i know in phase 1 are taking up seats in a position im not keen on so im hoping there will be some good spots left over on Wednesday.

Does anyone know if i need to do something in particular during phase 1 in order to wait until phase 2? Was only a last minute decision yesterday to change plan and up until then someone else was going to book the ST for me so im a little niave to the process - can i just wait until phase 2, log in and then buy mine and my mates seats together? He's alreasy part of my network on the spurs site- so presumably im good to go?

Assume the latter is right
Just wait until 2 and buy together

I am a single seat season ticket holder on Phase 2. 4 friends are on phase 3. I now have to wait for phase 3 as I want to sit with them. Do I risk getting a seat I don't want to sit with friends? or just get the seat I really want on my own.

Shame I couldn't be the lead person and buy all seats in my phase. I understand why they have done it this way though.

I am a single seat season ticket holder on Phase 2. 4 friends are on phase 3. I now have to wait for phase 3 as I want to sit with them. Do I risk getting a seat I don't want to sit with friends? or just get the seat I really want on my own.

Shame I couldn't be the lead person and buy all seats in my phase. I understand why they have done it this way though.

If you have some in phase 2 and phase 3 and want to buy together you have to wait until the last phase you cant go early

There must be loads of groups who aren't in the same phase, and will wait for the lowest phase of the group. If this is the case there may not be 5000 odd tickets sold per phase, it could get cumulatively larger with each phase.
Probably best to just make sure you're first in the queue, and that you've got your first, second and third prefered seating positions agreed so you're not calling around to say what about these?

Today will be a bit like the first set of exit poll predictions coming in after an election....we will get an indication of where the demand is going to be.
I expect that most Phase 1 are going to be the old Park Lane and East lower who will have had season tickets for 11 years + and been to significant cup matches and away games in order to be at front of queue with loyalty points. Therefore I suspect we'll see that lots of seats in New South Stand will be taken in this phase; by the end of Phase 3 (hopefully) the centre of East and West Stands will be more populated too. If by end of phase 3 East and West are sparsely taken then it may be an indication that the North and South (concession areas) are going to be a scramble by phase 6 onwards.

Looking at the stadium map you are right about phase one. The central portions of the lower south are going fast (about half of block 207) and the east lower is selling nearer the ends (lower prices). The lower parts of the upper south in block 211 seem popular.

The £1995 seats seem to be selling well, with the front third/half already gone.

There must be loads of groups who aren't in the same phase, and will wait for the lowest phase of the group. If this is the case there may not be 5000 odd tickets sold per phase, it could get cumulatively larger with each phase.
Probably best to just make sure you're first in the queue, and that you've got your first, second and third prefered seating positions agreed so you're not calling around to say what about these?
Yeh we're spread across phase 1, 2 and 3

Looking at the stadium map you are right about phase one. The central portions of the lower south are going fast (about half of block 207) and the east lower is selling nearer the ends (lower prices). The lower parts of the upper south in block 211 seem popular.

The £1995 seats seem to be selling well, with the front third/half already gone.
Any chance you (or someone else) can post screenshots maybe at the end of each day?

I have looked at alot of online social media feedback and it all looks bad. But is it all that bad? I have not been able to afford a season ticket for years so the £800 being paid by some now was above my old price of £625, so the game has always been about those that can afford it. The working class part has been gone since the 80s over to the 90s.

The thing is after a 5 year price freeze is the increases that bad? 5% a year on average in some cases, thats not bad at all I don't think.

I have looked at alot of online social media feedback and it all looks bad. But is it all that bad? I have not been able to afford a season ticket for years so the £800 being paid by some now was above my old price of £625, so the game has always been about those that can afford it. The working class part has been gone since the 80s over to the 90s.

The thing is after a 5 year price freeze is the increases that bad? 5% a year on average in some cases, thats not bad at all I don't think.
in most cases a price freeze is not then followed by a massive increase to make up for the price freeze - unless the reasons for the freeze are no longer valid?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eeze-season-ticket-prices-for-201617-campaign

In a statement on their official website, Spurs said: "The club recognises the need to keep football affordable and facilitate a fantastic atmosphere in the ground. We also want to acknowledge the unstinting support we receive in all competitions.

"We have been consciously pricing cup matches to reward great support and will continue to do so. In addition, family tickets have been a key feature of the packages we have offered in order to attract fans of all ages and to enable young fans to enjoy watching the team live at the Lane.

"We should like to thank fans for their tremendous support."

in most cases a price freeze is not then followed by a massive increase to make up for the price freeze - unless the reasons for the freeze are no longer valid?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eeze-season-ticket-prices-for-201617-campaign

In a statement on their official website, Spurs said: "The club recognises the need to keep football affordable and facilitate a fantastic atmosphere in the ground. We also want to acknowledge the unstinting support we receive in all competitions.

"We have been consciously pricing cup matches to reward great support and will continue to do so. In addition, family tickets have been a key feature of the packages we have offered in order to attract fans of all ages and to enable young fans to enjoy watching the team live at the Lane.

"We should like to thank fans for their tremendous support."

Whats affordable to some is not to offers, always been the case, I was priced out the game a long time ago, I hold no grudges.

I know its a hard thing to accept and an easy thing to say but thats where I am with it.

The games gone from one stage in terms of wages for players and transfer fees, the costs to go was always going to increase. You can't moan about Toby needing double his money wages then moan when it costs you twice as much to attend.

Whats affordable to some is not to offers, always been the case, I was priced out the game a long time ago, I hold no grudges.

I know its a hard thing to accept and an easy thing to say but thats where I am with it.

The games gone from one stage in terms of wages for players and transfer fees, the costs to go was always going to increase. You can't moan about Toby needing double his money wages then moan when it costs you twice as much to attend.
Perhaps but Tottenham last year came out with the above statement, they have since decided to significantly up the price. For me a solid conclusion is the above is no longer a priority.

"You can't moan about Toby needing double his money wages then moan when it costs you twice as much to attend" This is a slippery slope as logically we can moan about losing players / not signing the top player. Outside of the internet land most of my spurs supporting mates understand we will lose our top players but don't really don't agree with the price rise, are they allowed to moan?

Perhaps but Tottenham last year came out with the above statement, they have since decided to significantly up the price. For me a solid conclusion is the above is no longer a priority.

"You can't moan about Toby needing double his money wages then moan when it costs you twice as much to attend" This is a slippery slope as logically we can moan about losing players / not signing the top player. Outside of the internet land most of my spurs supporting mates understand we will lose our top players but don't really don't agree with the price rise, are they allowed to moan?

But the logic of saying "pay him what he wants" comes at a price thought no? For some its more than a moan, its an expectation.

Its not a nice thing to suffer an increase but when everything else in the footballing world and outside is seeing increased costs including players wages and fees you have to half expect it for ticket price too, especially when moving to a new stadium.

But the logic of saying "pay him what he wants" comes at a price thought no? For some its more than a moan, its an expectation.

Its not a nice thing to suffer an increase but when everything else in the footballing world and outside is seeing increased costs including players wages and fees you have to half expect it for ticket price too, especially when moving to a new stadium.

Not arguing against your point* but stating that the club who has reconised that "the need to keep football affordable and facilitate a fantastic atmosphere in the ground." has now decided this is now not a priority, they acknowledged a year ago what is affordable so "Whats affordable to some is not to others" had been taken into account at this time. I am not arguing whether this is a good thing or a bad thing but it certainly seems to be a conscious decision.

* I will now argue against your point...there is a large school of thought that as well as the good TV times that a large part of the appeal of the Premier League to Foreign markets is the atmosphere / passion at the games. We have a growing revenue stream from this area and as such by changing the demographic of the fans will have a long term detrimental effect to our revenue streams. In a competitive market place there may be a shift to Spain (best players) / Germany (more atmosphere ?) / Italy (more competitive?) as we lose one of our key differentiation to the other major leagues.

No other clubs have had such a large increase costs to the fans with many reducing or freezing costs in recent years. We would have been increasing revenues by the increased capacity and hospitality take, along with the naming rights I think a lot of people thought this would be covering the cost to the stadium build with perhaps a modest increase in prices.

No other clubs have had such a large increase costs to the fans with many reducing or freezing costs in recent years. We would have been increasing revenues by the increased capacity and hospitality take, along with the naming rights I think a lot of people thought this would be covering the cost to the stadium build with perhaps a modest increase in prices.

Depends what that equates to in terms of pure revenue. A 10 year naming deal will bring in maybe what 200m and thats a one shot deal where as regular match day revenue will help but 800m is alot of money to pay off

Depends what that equates to in terms of pure revenue. A 10 year naming deal will bring in maybe what 200m and thats a one shot deal where as regular match day revenue will help but 800m is alot of money to pay off
They were wrong but that's what he expectation was hence they didn't expect the fee increase.

Back