• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Expectations

What Do You Expect From This Season?

• Total voters

ArcspacE

Banned
I keep reading different opinions on AVB, team selections, overall performances, squad analysis, etc.

What do people realistically expect from this season?

I think fifth would be more than acceptable, considering we have a new manager and system, and that we lost some of our best players last year AND had loads of key players injured so far this season.

That said, fourth would be fantastic!!!

I expect top 6 but think top 3 or 4 is not out of the question because the standard of the league is dropping. Literally if any team decides to put a strong run together they will have a very good chance of it.

CL is on but I think we need to do what we didnt do last January and that is strengthen.

Chelscum arent doing too well, nor are Arsenal, Liverscum may well improve and get results, Noocastle wont be up there and I doubt Everton will keep up their form. So we can easily finish top 3 or 4 but need to improve our performances and strengthen in January. The standard has definitely dropped and the two real certainties for top four are Manure and Man bricky. The rest will battle out for the other two I think

CL is on but I think we need to do what we didnt do last January and that is strengthen.

Chelscum arent doing too well, nor are Arsenal, Liverscum may well improve and get results, Noocastle wont be up there and I doubt Everton will keep up their form. So we can easily finish top 3 or 4 but need to improve our performances and strengthen in January. The standard has definitely dropped and the two real certainties for top four are Manure and Man bricky. The rest will battle out for the other two I think

Totally agree. The fact we are still in the mix is a massive bonus.

As mentioned last night if we could just get a recent return from the next 2 aways, say 3pts or maybe 4pts. After that we have a massive oppurtunity to put a run together
Swansea(h)
Stoke(h)
Villa(a)
Sunderland(a)
Reading(h)
QPR (a)

Obviously there are no easy games in the Prem, but that is not a bad run of games to have. We could be handily placed come mid-Jan. A couple of astute signings early Jan (I know..) could potentially set us up fro a shot at the Top 4.

Although sometimes are general play has not given the impression we should be sitting 5th, the thing is, right now we are.
Hopefully, DL will not make the mistake of some previous Jan windows and not impove the sqaud

It'll be interesting to see how people's expectations have changed since the similar thread at the beginning of the season which is now in classics.

It'll be interesting to see how people's expectations have changed since the similar thread at the beginning of the season which is now in classics.

I wouldnt think it would be all too dissimiliar however I think peoples expectations of other clubs may have changed. For example I thought Chelscum will be up there now whilst I wouldnt count them out the fact they are in dissarray definitely plays in our hands. Arsenal arent in disarray but are dropping a fair few points which is great. Noocastle havent kicked on from last season.

I havent seen the table and have barely taken any notice of it but read on here we are fifth which is good and hopefully if we are still there by the New Year then I really want us to push on. We have been here before though.

Before the season I believed 5th would be acceptable, but seing how Arsenal and Chelski have performed lately, I think it's only reasonable to raise our expectations. We've so far yet to reach the level of previous seasons, but as DHSF said with one or two major signings a top 4 is definately possible.

I expect a top 6 finish. Don't think we have the squad to finish in the top 4, nor have our performances this season been convincing.

Top 4, no question. We're currently sitting in 5th, having lost Modric, VdV and King before the season, Kaboul and Parker out injured, Adebayor and Assou-Ekotto playing sparingly due to injury and Modric's replacement, and probably our most important midfielder, out injured for a while now in Dembele. Huddlestone is still regaining his playing form and Dempsey and Gylfi are desperately trying to gel, both with their new teammates as well as the new playing style.

My word, the only way has to be up and the fact we're currently 5th, despite lackluster performances, halftime boos and all these injuries, just fills me with optimism. On top of that, we might actually spend in January so what's not to like. To dare is to do. :)

I think 5th place is a realistic expectation.We were lucky in alot of games this season and we are simply not the dominant force we used to be in the last 3 seasons.

I would be happy with 4th or even 5th as it is a transitional season but I really want a decent cup run it is in this clubs DNA and been too long since we hoisted the FA Cup

I wouldnt think it would be all too dissimiliar however I think peoples expectations of other clubs may have changed. For example I thought Chelscum will be up there now whilst I wouldnt count them out the fact they are in dissarray definitely plays in our hands. Arsenal arent in disarray but are dropping a fair few points which is great. Noocastle havent kicked on from last season.

I havent seen the table and have barely taken any notice of it but read on here we are fifth which is good and hopefully if we are still there by the New Year then I really want us to push on. We have been here before though.

I thought in the summer that Chelsea's signings were too similar, that they didn't address all of the weaknesses in their squad, that Drogba would be a big loss and that their habit of self destruction would strike again. I am delighted to have been proved right.

I was also luke warm on Arsenal's business.

Top 5 finish. Think i voted 5th or 6th in the poll before the season. With some key injuries and new people and tactics start to gel i can only see us improving. Maybe even some new signings in jan + injury comebacks we will rotate more. Our key players in dembele, sandro and lennon and bale have to stay fit and in form though.

back then i thought 3rd would be easy, i was expecting more from Sig and for Ade to be banging them in like last year

now i think we have a shout for top 4 but its gonna be a fight, the wheels came off chelsea as i thought they would but they've sorted it quicker than i'd hoped and got a proper manager in, arsenal have not fallen as far as i thought as Giroud is actually quite good

I don't expect anything, I just want us to push as far up the table as possible. Top four contenders and at least one solid cup run or trophy IMO. Aim big

Back