• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Expectations

What Do You Expect From This Season?

• Total voters
Current odds:
-between 500/1 & 250/1 to be relegated.
-between 1/3 & 1/12 to get top six.
-between 5/2 & 9/5 to get top four.
-between 200/1 & 100/1 to win the league.

So more likely to win the league than get relegated;
Odds on to get top six;
Bookies expect us to get fifth.

Last edited:
For me it all depends on the january window. If avb gets the backing he needs to build on the team, CL should be possible.

But for me 5th-6th is what i expect with the current squad.

Results over the course of the season probably don't lie and by now the table is starting to take shape, bar one or two (i'm fairly sure West Brom will fall away and I think Liverpool will do some decent business in January and move up the table) it'll probably end up pretty much how it is now.

I think our results show that with a fairly close to full strength team out we can match the CL teams (beating Man U at old trafford), but that injuries mean our squad depth is a bit below them (defeats to Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea). Other than those defeats the only others are away against Saudi Sportswashing Machine (another tough game when they've got their full strength line-up out unlike their current injury-ravaged state) and the only real blemish on our record the home defeat to Wigan.

I would expect us to finish 5th. I think 6th/7th would be dissapointing but understandable if we continue to have the injury problems we have experienced and don't strengthen in January. Anything below 7th would be a bit-major failure depending on where we finish.

I still think it will between us and the Arse for 4th place, i would like us to have a good cup run as well.

I voted 5th.

I think that would be a good achievement. I think Everton have strengthened and look solid this year especially at home. I think Arsenal who have weakened there side in terms of losing RVP will be up there because they know what to do, you can never ever ever write them off. We have weakened ourselves with the loss of Modric, VDV and King and I think 5th would be reasonable in this transition. Next year though, I expect top 4.

I expect 5th but challenging for 4th. Sixth would be very disappointing, anything less a major setback.

Finishing behind City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal would hardly be a disgrace and staying close would be a good achievement given the different budgets and the changes we have undergone. I'm beginning to get hopeful that Chelsea will make it an open race for 3rd. I rate Rafa as a manager, but their lovely fans are going to make it more difficult for him

I'd be very pleased with top 6 and the FA Cup. Obviously champions League qualification is lucrative for the finances, but I also want to win a bit of silverware now and then. We're long overdue an FA cup win

Don't see a great deal of difference between us and Arsenal, but they still have a better mentality than us. After last season, I'm done proclaiming we will definitely finish above them.

Think it will be tight between us and Everton, but I can see us just finishing above them in 5th place. Don't see West Brom staying up there too much longer.

If we went out and got Moutinho and/or a top striker in the window i.e. Llorente or Huntelaar, I could see us getting top 4. But we all know how it works, we won't sign anyone in the first few weeks of the window, we will then make an outlandish bid for a big name on the last day, which ultimately will lead to nothing.

Last edited:
I think we have maybe a 33% chance of finishing in the top 4 currently, one or two top additions in January could see that rise to more like 66%. I don't think we'll see that though and we'll probably miss out to Arsenal by the odd point come May.

I think we have maybe a 33% chance of finishing in the top 4 currently, one or two top additions in January could see that rise to more like 66%. I don't think we'll see that though and we'll probably miss out to Arsenal by the odd point come May.

Arsenal and who?

I don't think Chelsea are going to get top four. The Russian is tinkling about and this rafa appointment will backfire.

From this position I think that we should be aiming for top four. I wouldn't be mutinous if we finished fifth but any lower would be a failure.

From this position I think that we should be aiming for top four. I wouldn't be mutinous if we finished fifth but any lower would be a failure.

To be fair we are capable of finishing in the top five, I still think AVB is the unknown quantity the players we have are definately good enough.

Top four would be great, but I'd be quite happy to be in the top six, anything below would be a disappointment. There's a January window coming up, and then there's the injuries on Kaboul, BAE and Parker.
We're in fifth position after playing, too often for my liking, very poor football. If we can hit full speed in between now and February, and/or do some shrewd signings then I fully believe top three is possible.
A decent cup run would be nice also.

But the quality of the squad took a backward step so I don't see how you can use last season as a yardstick.

I agree with you but we spent 60m pounds thats SIXTY million quid - so why do we keep using this as an excuse?

I am sure you will agree 60m is a brickload of cash

But the quality of the squad took a backward step so I don't see how you can use last season as a yardstick.

This is it. Its ridiculous how 2 bloody seasons of scraping into the top 4 (the only 2 seasons we've managed since the European Cup became the Champions League and was extended to make the top 4 actually mean something other than near-failure for those finishing 2nd-4th) has meant that this has become the absolute minimum in the eyes of some fans.

As a club, resources-wise, top four is a bonus and should be seen as such, not a requirement. After all, we're competing with Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and Arsenal. Clubs that have bigger resources. Even Liverpool have more resources. We have more resources than Everton, but they've built a decent team and while they've lost Arteta & Cahill recently, they have added firepower upfront and some pace in wide positions to make themselves more of a threat.

So really its pretty tough. We've got a good squad, but not as good as the squad we had when we finished top 4 the last two times. If you look at our forward line and full-backs especially (and probably our defence overall) we aren't top-4 material. We do have explosive pace and a very strong first-choice midfield. Its something to build on but Levy needs to back AVB in the market to bring in the players we need to push back up there.

Back