• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi pro league

He's right, you do have to respect Saudi culture when you are there.
In the same way when we travel we have to respect local culture. A gay friend of mine said they wouldn't visit a country I want to visit because of their approach towards homosexuality.
I go to explore the country culturally, and part of that is accepting they have views and laws I find abhorrent, understanding where that comes from (yes it's usually a centuries old set of Harry Potter novels) and engage in conversation.
So yes Jordan, you do have to respect the local culture. But you don't have to turn a blinded (by the financial glow) eye - instead you can engage with parts of the community whose values you believe in.
Hopefully he does, and in a sensible way.
He can still use his huge social presence to talk positively about LGBT rights. He can still wear rainbow laces. These are choice.

Let's see which choices he makes.......I suspect black lace manufacturers won't be worried

I'd respect anyone who said the money was too good to turn down, who of us would reject the chance to quadruple their wages.

You and i might. But he'd get absolutely slaughtered in the media. Even though their news outlets are partly owned by oil money.

You and i might. But he'd get absolutely slaughtered in the media. Even though their news outlets are partly owned by oil money.

Yeah its amusing to see people who's most creative work is their expense sheets being critical of someone wanting more gravy on their plate.

I'd respect anyone who said the money was too good to turn down, who of us would reject the chance to quadruple their wages.
This! But lying and trying to convince others that the money didn't matter, only makes it worse! fudging hypocrite! He's got absolutely zero credibility left. Worse is, that utter macaron Southgate keeps picking him! He shouldn't be anywhere near the national team on morals alone, and even further away on abilty level!

Last edited:
This! But lying and trying to convince others that the money didn't matter, only makes it worse! fudging hypocrite! He's got absolutely zero credibility left. Worse is, that utter macaron Southgate keeps picking him! He shouldn't be anywhere near the national team on morals alone, and even further away in an abilty level!

I agree he's a hypocrite but we all faces moral mazes to live an ethical life, do we know where our pension funds are invested, how labour forces are treated in the companies in the products we buy or their stance on civil liberties?

I agree he's a hypocrite but we all faces moral mazes to live an ethical life, do we know where our pension funds are invested, how labour forces are treated in the companies in the products we buy or their stance on civil liberties?

Of course, but there is a gulf (no pun intended) between not knowing which cow your milk comes from and the squaring of circles that JH is currently aiming for. Talking about it being somehow inclusive to respect exclusive beliefs...that's just laughable TBH.

Reading deeper it's now coming over like he is saying that any questionable decision taken was because Klopp didn't show enough love for him.

I mean just admit it's for the coin, I might not agree with the choice, but at least its closer to the truth

There's no logical path out of this for him.

He's made a decision that makes him look like an ass.

Yep, its probably (can only be) money, so the only way to square it, is to admit that. Of course that not palatable for him.

He's tip toeing around this but trying to have his cake and eat it. For some reason you needed the cash (you played 12 fudging years for Liverpool...how much do you need), so as we see endlessly in life, cash trumps everything. Morals, judgement, beliefs and honesty.

Simon Jordan called this brilliantly yesterday. Firstly, of course he went for the money. And most of us might well do the same in his shoes. Just don't treat us like fools by saying it's anything else.

On the LGBTQ+ issue, Simon Jordan said some of these lads, like Henderson, are happy to support a cause until that support then comes with a consequence. And they aren't happy to suffer the consequence for their beliefs which calls into question how strong their beliefs are to start with. And Simon Jordan is right. For me, Henderson is the ultimate virtue signaller and he's gone down hugely in my estimation after this interview.

Simon Jordan called this brilliantly yesterday. Firstly, of course he went for the money. And most of us might well do the same in his shoes. Just don't treat us like fools by saying it's anything else.

On the LGBTQ+ issue, Simon Jordan said some of these lads, like Henderson, are happy to support a cause until that support then comes with a consequence. And they aren't happy to suffer the consequence for their beliefs which calls into question how strong their beliefs are to start with. And Simon Jordan is right. For me, Henderson is the ultimate virtue signaller and he's gone down hugely in my estimation after this interview.

I think the mark of someone is when faced with those decisions for sure.

Absolutely bang on !!

tickle my balls with a feather. Footballers are not generally the brightest light bulb in the box and Henderson is proof of that. He would have been better off keeping his big mouth shut.

Think most of us have said the same.

Back