• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S4

Is it true that the software on the S3 can be upgraded for all the new stuff as well, is anything specific solely to the S4?

I think this year the Galaxy series has done what iPhone do most yrs and stuck with same or similar design but just upgraded the camera/processor/RAM, so yeah a software upgrade on the S3 will probably feel similar to owning the new S4 imo.

I'm personally gonna wait for the Note 3 as I still own a Note and prefer the stylus (mainly for my drawings) and also with the Note series coming out late in the year there tends to be more tweeks on that years S.

Be interesting to see what iPhone come back with now as the Android competition has gotten alot better with HTC One and Xperia Z. Both those 2 phones and the S4 all going for large screens too so wonder if Apple will... Although they do boast the iPhone5 was made that size to fit "perfectly" in your hand. So any change in dimension for the 5S or 6 will no longer be "perfect" lol

i preferred the size of the iphone 4/4s personally, my hands are normal size i'd say but i have to stretch to reach the top right icon with my thumb, I hope they don't make it any bigger

I ended up getting the htc one the other week, early days but so far it's been an absolutely fantastic phone so far. I actually went into the shop to change my contract to a phoneless, cheaper option, and keep my sim free nexus 4 for a while but ended up playing with the various phones in store and getting the one instead, as the price difference was minimal.

I really didn't like touch wiz on the s4, it felt too much like the s3 and the screen was far too saturated. Xperia z was horrid to hold and sluggish. Lumia 900 was really nice but too heavy and I really don't like ios on my work phone.

I was sold on this thing mainly by the screen, which made my n4 look dull, and the general feel it - ergonomically it feels great in the hand; though that said button placement could be better.

Since getting it the biggest surprise has been how great 'zoes' are - i assumed they would be gimmicks but aside from how much they clog up my Dropbox they're amazing, the ability to retrospectively go back and edit sequences alone I great but the videos make your gallery's feel so much more interesting.

The S4 seems pretty damn good; it's fast, full of pretty awesome functionality and well thought out (micro sd, removable battery, sensible hardware buttons all trump most phones) but the HTC matches it in nearly every way and for me it just felt like they've gone that step further to make it feel as premium as it should, and the screen looks a lot nicer to my eye.

Only major downsides for me are the loss of a third button and the power button placement, but I've got used to them fairly quickly.

Ordered the HTC One today. The S4 felt light and a tad too big for my taste.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Fapatalk 2

I have the HTC One. Check out the slow motion video. What an amazing piece of software

I have the HTC One. Check out the slow motion video. What an amazing piece of software

Ive been a Samsung man for a couple yrs now since switching from the iPhone. Must say tho im tempted by the HTC One... May get this and get a Galaxy Note 8.0 at a later date for my sketches

HTC One does look very tempting (although still a little big to be designer pocket-friendly).

Question for all of you Android types out there:

I run XBMC on almost everything at home, and I find the Airplay feature very handy. I use it to watch football on my TVs, show pictures to the family, play music, etc. Is there anything that will stream an Android screen straight to XBMC without buying specific hardware?

I was contemplating the S4 but the HTC One looks awesome - never owned an HTC - whose it made by? any good? reliable? any advantages over the others etc? is it an android?

I was contemplating the S4 but the HTC One looks awesome - never owned an HTC - whose it made by? HTC...? any good? Yes reliable? Yes any advantages over the others etc? Good speakers, and nice build, but not an S4-killer is it an android? Yes

Hopefully I'm getting the S4 this weekend as my phone broke. This one feels nowhere near as plasticky as the last which they addressed by giving it a chrome frame around the phone.

It's what's on the inside that counts though.

I was contemplating the S4 but the HTC One looks awesome - never owned an HTC - whose it made by? any good? reliable? any advantages over the others etc? is it an android?

I've always liked HTC - had about 3 in a row on WM before I had iPhones - they've been in a bit of a slump since the HD2 though. The One sounds like a return to form.

I've always liked HTC - had about 3 in a row on WM before I had iPhones - they've been in a bit of a slump since the HD2 though. The One sounds like a return to form.

It really is. I traded a 64GB iPhone 5 for my brand new HTC One, and contrary to popular belief it doesn't ruin the lines of your clobber. It's the perfect size IMO. I have had 9 phones since Jan this year SG3's Lumia 920, Iphone 5's HTXC 8X and IMV this trumps the lot for build quality and the camera (An important consideration for me)

Thanks for your input ladies ;)

I just love Blackberrys so much - I love the keyboard and not really keen on the whole touch screen thing but maybe about time I changed things around. The HTC one though looks good and like you say the build looks so much better than the samsung which when ive used it felt so fudgein plasticky.

So whilst cosmetically and build wise - the HD One trumps Samsung - in terms of the 'inside' is the S4 just that little bit better?

I agree about the plasticky feel of the samsung BUT ironically i have a feeling that has saved it a few times it has hit the tarmac/concrete. So many iphones screens break because of the solid build quality, the shock just transmits right through the glass.

I agree about the plasticky feel of the samsung BUT ironically i have a feeling that has saved it a few times it has hit the tarmac/concrete. So many iphones screens break because of the solid build quality, the shock just transmits right through the glass.

Im sure there are pros and cons and seeing as im one that kinda chucks the phone around don a desk etc - it may work to my advantage. The one thing about Blackberrys is that the build, I find, is exceptionally good.

It really is. I traded a 64GB iPhone 5 for my brand new HTC One, and contrary to popular belief it doesn't ruin the lines of your clobber. It's the perfect size IMO. I have had 9 phones since Jan this year SG3's Lumia 920, Iphone 5's HTXC 8X and IMV this trumps the lot for build quality and the camera (An important consideration for me)

The contract on my Galaxy S2 is up next month and I'm tempted by the HTC One due to it's superior build quality and speakers but I've seen mixed things about it's 4 "Ultrapixel" camera, how does it compare to the rest in your experience?

The contract on my Galaxy S2 is up next month and I'm tempted by the HTC One due to it's superior build quality and speakers but I've seen mixed things about it's 4 "Ultrapixel" camera, how does it compare to the rest in your experience?

This is in my opinion only... I love the camera. Pixels are a selling tool. The only thing it struggles with is long distance daylight shots. If you zoom in it loses some detail. That in itself doesn't affect me. Where it flies is taking shots of my two year old. She never sits still but the camera nearly always catches her. And indoors in low light it's superb. Using the slo-mo video is brilliant as is the 1080 video. I judge my phones on the camera ability as I like to have a camera with me as much as possible and out of all the phones with the exception of the Lumia, this is by far the best one.

If you prefer the Lumia for a camera then why not just get one of them. They are unveiling a new preview camera phone week which should be even better than the 920.

Back