• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S4

I have the s2 still very happy with it. I will get a new one on my insurance before contract ends then go sim only contract for a year. I maybe get the s4 in summer 2014 when it's a little cheaper.

I have an SII, not had any problems regarding what has been suggested.. then again, I rarely use it for anything other than email, messages, phone and the odd news website.. and here. I have around 50 apps on it, oh and stick cricket.

I have an SII, not had any problems regarding what has been suggested.. then again, I rarely use it for anything other than email, messages, phone and the odd news website.. and here. I have around 50 apps on it, oh and stick cricket.

There really aren't any issues associated with the Galaxy range because Samsung ensure the software is perfect before it's released.

Another great feature:

[video=youtube;Qs3fbky8sdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs3fbky8sdA[/video]

Is nobody else bothered by the size of the thing?

There is no way to put that in the pocket of any well-fitting suit without ruining the shape (or jeans for that matter).

The phone looks tempting, but I just don't see a sensible way of transporting it without just carrying it and looking like an arse.

There is no way to put that in the pocket of any well-fitting suit without ruining the shape (or jeans for that matter).

The phone looks tempting, but I just don't see a sensible way of transporting it without just carrying it and looking like an arse.

my biggest issue with it too. Still can't decide between the iPhone 5 and S4

Have to say it doesnt really offer anything particularly new that I'd really want, all that camera stuff doesnt sound like much to me personally and who cares if a video stops when I look away. Would annoy me more than anything.

I only really browse the net, check emails, check trains and football scores and listen to music/play some games and thats about it. All the rest of the stuff is pointless to me. I'd rather pay half the price personally and get a lower model one.

What I really want is a smartphone with a battery that lasts more than a day.

Worst of all doesnt the S4 launch with a version of Android that's over a year old? What a joke.

It's actually smaller than the S3, but the screen's bigger. Samsung managed to lose a lot of the bevel

Have to say it doesnt really offer anything particularly new that I'd really want, all that camera stuff doesnt sound like much to me personally and who cares if a video stops when I look away. Would annoy me more than anything.

I only really browse the net, check emails, check trains and football scores and listen to music/play some games and thats about it. All the rest of the stuff is pointless to me. I'd rather pay half the price personally and get a lower model one.

What I really want is a smartphone with a battery that lasts more than a day.

Worst of all doesnt the S4 launch with a version of Android that's over a year old? What a joke.

The S4 launches with Android 4.2.2 which was released last month. 4.2 was released in November.

I jellybean'd my S2 last month, felt like a new phone without actually being one

due an upgrade in june.....seriously thinking of going sim only or payg........don't really need many call minutes but will still need a good data quota

Last edited:
Oh right so that was just Apple trying to sneer at it with that comment then I take it?

4.1 was released over a year ago, which is called Jelly Bean and 4.2 is also called Jelly Bean, so that may be why

my biggest issue with it too. Still can't decide between the iPhone 5 and S4

I'm in the same boat. Went from Android to Apple and to be honest, as much as I coveted Android, I hae loved the usability of my iPhone. I've also bought an awful lot of apps and am pretty pleased with them.

Upgrade due in May and I may opt for the iPhone5 but to be honest - I'm actually very happy with my iPhone4, very sturdy and does everything I need (so far :D). I could actually save over £20 a month and get a more suitable sim for my current phone (I hardly make calls or text, I generally use whatsapp and browse the web - hate seeing 2k worth of unused mins, etc).

The S4's pausing thingy - crikey! how many people truely stare at movies all the time!! I think my eyes would go pop! :D I watch movies and focus on other things, surely that's a more natural way of watching films? but hey ho, perhaps that's just me.

I'm fully aware Apple take the tinkle (particularly with accessories) but it does the trick for me. That said, I'll still check out both phones.

S4 looks like it should be good but it's a shame the HTC One doesn't have a removable battery and sdcard as its build quality and screen are far better than the s3 / nexus 4, and as the s4 is using the same samoled tech for the screen as the s3, it should be better than that too.

Was really impressed with it after spending a few days with one - the speakers are better than any tablet aside from the kindle fire and the camera might not be the best outside but it's miles better than anything else indoors.

Really do miss removable batteries though so if I upgrade from my nexus it'll have to be something with the ability to do that.

3_3.jpg

Attachments

• 3_3.jpg
    3_3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 21
It's a ridiculously big phone though.

The trend of bricks phones from the 80's which all the yuppies loved to carry appears to be making a come back.

Last edited:
If you're having issues with the size then don't forget an S4 mini will come out as well. It may not be as fast, but it will be the same otherwise.

Is it true that the software on the S3 can be upgraded for all the new stuff as well, is anything specific solely to the S4?

With the S4 coming out this week, I'm gonna look for an upgrade from S2 to S3 and see what sort of deal they are willing to give, phoned today and they offered free S3 phone £25 500mins 5000 texts 1GB data. (same contract as in 500, 5000 1GB)

But I don't see that as much of a deal really.... 24 x £25 = £600. Before for the S2 I paid 12 x £20 + £400 = £640, with the S2 4 months old from release.. whereas the S3 is older and already to be taken over by the S4 at the end of the week.

Hopefully they will be giving them away in a nice deal. I love my S2 and am basically 4 months over due on an upgrade, but haven't seen anything I like. Might just do the above and sell the S3 phone, and keep my trusty S2 (works as new), save the money and put towards and wait for the S5.

Back