• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy S3

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Yes, I know most of you lot are iPhoners, but I'm super excited about the S3

(I'm also bored of all the negative threads in SN&V so can we please keep this one jovial?)

The launch event is tonight at 7pm

This thread is to discuss how happy (or disappointed) us Android disciples are when it is finally unveiled.

I've already more or less decided I'm going to it anyway, as my HTC Desire is pushing 3 years old.

android1.png

seems very soon to be bringing out the S3 considering the S2 is only a year old, however, i reckon it's gonna be an unbelievable bit of kit. The S2 is still clearly the market leading smart phone, so how far ahead will the S3 be? thankfully i'm only on an 18 month contract with my S2 so can upgrade in just over 6 months

rumors that it may come in deep blue or white, not sure how I feel about that, white phones are for girls so fingers crossed the deep blue looks good - http://www.t3.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s3-release-to-see-blue-and-white-handsets-land

also, like the sound of wireless charging

1 hour to go

You can watch the live launch by downloading the Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 app

The best phone at the moment is the HTC One X

I'm hoping this will be as good, if not better

It'll have to be good to match the new HTC One

I like the way HTC have reduced their phone options into 1) value 2) medium 3) luxury

Makes it really simple

HTC One X is a beast of a phone

I will be getting that if Samsung mess up tonight

But I'm hoping the S3 will be even better than the X

After i lost my S2 (loved that phone) I used the insurance money to buy a Galaxy Note. Absolutely love this phone and as much as im interested in the S3 id be hard pushed to downsize so may just hang on for the Note 2 (sure they'll make one after the success of this one)

The Note is the big one... And until you get hands on with it you wont get how practical it is. Most peopke go "eurgh thats too big for a phone" and just dismiss it. But those who've given it a go like myself love it. And im so used to the size and the freedom of a bigger screen i would find it hard going back to a "normal" size phone.
The S3 looks big in the video but pretty sure its the same size as the S2. Not what ide call a huge leap from the S2 either... Got some nifty features but not enough for me to get rid of my Note. Will likely wait for the Note 2 or S4 as ill be due an upgrade next August

Back